Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Spider said:

This with bells on.

Tory voters are clearly backtracking these days by ignoring the shocking attitudes and behaviour and simply saying it’s the fault of the opposition.

That just makes things worse.

Boris is shitting down the throats of his voters and they are simply dislocating their own jaws to make room for more of his turds.

Utter codswallop. 

If the opposition were any good, they would have more mps. May even have won.

However folk don't just switch from Labour to Conservative en masse purely because they're poor.

They did so because their views were better reflected by them.

At the beginning of all this, when challenged, you admitted you know nothing of politics. Yet still an endless diatribe since.

Every government suffers from attacks, controversy, resignations etc- its part and parcel of being in power and being there to be shot at. Just ask David Kelly.

Voters will make their decision again in the future, and may change once again- but they already knew of Johnson's character and flaws yet still voted them in.

Brexit has happened, and folk won't readily forget the behaviour of the other main parties towards it.

Economic recovery, trade/jobs etc are clearly now going to become paramount.

Get that right, with an ever increasing push into green areas, and we'll see how effective Starmer and his shadow people are.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Utter codswallop. 

However folk don't just switch from Labour to Conservative en masse purely because they're poor.

At the beginning of all this, when challenged, you admitted you know nothing of politics. Yet still an endless diatribe since.

Every government suffers from attacks, controversy, resignations etc- its part and parcel of being in power and being there to be shot at. Just ask David Kelly.

Voters will make their decision again in the future, and may change once again- but they already knew of Johnson's character and flaws yet still voted them in.

Brexit has happened, and folk won't readily forget the behaviour of the other main parties towards it.

Get that right, with an ever increasing push into green areas, and we'll see how effective Starmer and his shadow people are.

This 👏🏻

On 30/06/2021 at 20:44, Spider said:

This with bells on.

Tory voters are clearly backtracking these days by ignoring the shocking attitudes and behaviour and simply saying it’s the fault of the opposition.

That just makes things worse.

Boris is shitting down the throats of his voters and they are simply dislocating their own jaws to make room for more of his turds.

Nice. 

On 30/06/2021 at 21:17, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Utter codswallop. 

Do you support Johnson or the Conservative Party?

There is a difference

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
11 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Spot on Tyrone lad.

Someone will be along soon enough to tell you he just doesn't get it. 

Maybe watch the England video the bbc aired a few weeks back. By Mings' own admission, they decided to adopt taking the knee after George Ffloyd/blm.

That one incident happened thousands of miles away, and reflects only on America, not here. 

We already have made great strides in this nation and had successful campaigns. 

So why the need to suddenly adopt a gesture from a politically corrupt group?

Not a single politician has done anything except condemn racist abuse, and the lady he quotes has been subject to significant abuse herself, so it would be useful if he could articulate what he means by saying they were stoking the fire.

Perhaps do some digging and see if you can find Simon Jordon's comments during a recent discussion. I don't always agree with this beliefs, but in this case they were astute and summed up much of the issue.

Far, far better than holier than thou digs.

• Site Supporter

Whether you like them taking the knee or not, and regardless of its origins, you cannot deny the effect it's had.

"Kick it out" has had nowhere near the same levels of attention as taking the knee.

Awareness of, and elimination of, racism is the goal. Taking the knee is rubbing a lot of people up the wrong way and I honestly can't see why. 

As far as I can tell, it is yet to ruin any of the football matches I've watched as it lasts about 3 seconds.

If you don't like, look the other way before kick off.

Personally, I'm not much bothered one way or the other but it's certainly having more impact than any other method so far.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Whether you like them taking the knee or not, and regardless of its origins, you cannot deny the effect it's had.

"Kick it out" has had nowhere near the same levels of attention as taking the knee.

Awareness of, and elimination of, racism is the goal. Taking the knee is rubbing a lot of people up the wrong way and I honestly can't see why. 

As far as I can tell, it is yet to ruin any of the football matches I've watched as it lasts about 3 seconds.

If you don't like, look the other way before kick off.

Personally, I'm not much bothered one way or the other but it's certainly having more impact than any other method so far.

As far as I can tell, it's only rubbing bell ends and closet racists up the wrong way. As you say, just ignore it, it lasts for about 3 seconds, it really doesn't spoil folks entertainment of the game.

It certainly is having the desired effect though, as people are still talking about it

Nobody who is black in the England team connects taking the knee with radical Marxist groups they are millionaire footballers for fuck sake all they are doing is trying to draw attention to the fact that racism is unacceptable in any form . What’s wrong with that ?

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe watch the England video the bbc aired a few weeks back. By Mings' own admission, they decided to adopt taking the knee after George Ffloyd/blm.

That one incident happened thousands of miles away, and reflects only on America, not here. 

We already have made great strides in this nation and had successful campaigns. 

So why the need to suddenly adopt a gesture from a politically corrupt group?

Not a single politician has done anything except condemn racist abuse, and the lady he quotes has been subject to significant abuse herself, so it would be useful if he could articulate what he means by saying they were stoking the fire.

Perhaps do some digging and see if you can find Simon Jordon's comments during a recent discussion. I don't always agree with this beliefs, but in this case they were astute and summed up much of the issue.

Far, far better than holier than thou digs.

Some good points. Particularly that he should be more specific - maybe he will further down the line.

Taking the knee didn't start with BLM and it isn't an expression of support for Marxist politics. The old circle again - can't understand why we're still going round. Just because it was adopted after GFs murder isn't evidence that the England team are supporting a politically corrupt group. 

Yes we have made some excellent strides, so let's keep striding please. It was emotional yesterday, the heartbreak of that defeat and then seeing the racial abuse those 3 players got. MPs also chipping in with cheap digs around Rashford's school meals campaigns. This isn't just a few trolls like we're made to believe - there were thousands of comments overnight, many from identifiable people, who twitter show no interest in going after. 

You can see taking the knee having an impact now - especially after the last day or so. It will continue to rub people up but fuck em - political campaigns have always rubbed people up and more people are listening. I can't imagine what it much be like to expect and receive abuse based on the colour of your skin when you do something wrong at work. If taking the knee helps them deal with it and send a message then they've got my support. 

As Ming's said - the best thing about the booing has been "the applause to drown it out".

6 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Taking the knee didn't start with BLM

I think that’s the issue.

In the UK taking the knee did start with BLM, particularly in the Premier League when it was accompanied by shirts with it on the back and banners all over the stands.

From that point on trying to disassociate knee taking with BLM is very difficult. 

13 minutes ago, tomy taylor said:

I think that’s the issue.

In the UK taking the knee did start with BLM, particularly in the Premier League when it was accompanied by shirts with it on the back and banners all over the stands.

From that point on trying to disassociate knee taking with BLM is very difficult. 

It started with the movement and idea that Black Lives Matter. Kicked in to an extra gear by the George Flloyd murder at the hands (well knees) of a police officer. 

Following the rise of the movement across the globe hardline lefties co-opted the BLM movement to push radical political ideas.

The anti racism stance of the original Black Lives Matter campaign is separate from any political campaigns that have tagged on to the the BLM movement. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, emus wig said:

Nobody who is black in the England team connects taking the knee with radical Marxist groups they are millionaire footballers for fuck sake all they are doing is trying to draw attention to the fact that racism is unacceptable in any form . What’s wrong with that ?

Nothing - unless you're either willfully ignorant, racist, or thick.