Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

4 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Of the 5 guys working at the car wash they raided 1 was a British national the other 4 were 40+Yr old fellas with big taches and beards here illegally.

But will Pritti wash my car for a tenner? She's fk all good at her present job

8 minutes ago, Dimron said:

There lies the problem.

I do not like the National Conservative Party but our Local Councillor who is a top bloke is a member of the  Local Conservatives and gets my vote at a local level.

Obviously I didn't know the man but he appears to have died too young. RIP

Yeah I tended to judge Councillors on how they were when I met them and whether they listened to reason and explanations rather than noisy constituents. 

He was always one who would meet on site to talk through a job. Others on all sides wouldn't make the effort.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Just been to Asda, no milk in. asked the guy where’s the milk he said no drivers to bring it in. 

Bread was a little scarce as well. 

What the fuck is going on 

Gobshite Andrew Bridgen is blaming Tony Blair's previous education policies for the shortage of drivers.

How long have the Tories been in power?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Just been to Asda, no milk in. asked the guy where’s the milk he said no drivers to bring it in. 

Bread was a little scarce as well. 

What the fuck is going on 

Can you not pour some Sovereignty over your weetabix instead?

• Site Supporter

France being on the amber plus list is a bit of a head scratcher.

Until you see the lorry queues at Dover/Calais. Or rather, the speed at which goods are being waved into the UK to help avoid empty shelves.

A crisis is brewing with transport logistics.

• Site Supporter

Covid Will of course be a factor in everything for a while yet, but what it has done is expose our reliance on European labour.

And our inability to replace it. I’m not sure apprenticeships for fruit pickers and truck drivers was part of the sunlit upland blueprint.

• Members
18 minutes ago, Spider said:

Covid Will of course be a factor in everything for a while yet, but what it has done is expose our reliance on European labour.

And our inability to replace it. I’m not sure apprenticeships for fruit pickers and truck drivers was part of the sunlit upland blueprint.

Murica built an entire land on picking cotton  can we not do that?

14 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Murica built an entire land on picking cotton  can we not do that?

we need to aim higher, we'll once more become the might empire of old, once we start churning out TVRs and Spitfires again

31 minutes ago, Spider said:

That is what that Tory twat Bridgen was saying... Blair facilitated working class people to go to university rather than accept their station in life and become manual workers, as a result we became reliant on imported labour and now have fewer British lorry drivers. In his world we should all have accepted our roles in life and expected nothing better.

On the plus side we are now going to teach latin in schools

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Carlos said:

There's no lorry drivers because no cunt wants to graft anymore.

You’re just out of touch.

We can all be millionaires by being social media influencers.

Why work hard for £15 an hour when you can take selfies?

I think it was Joe Gormley who said the Ted Heath that he wouldn't give up until every miner had a Jag in his drive.

We've become an aspirational society where being a social media influencer or moving money around for a percentage is seen as a good job but lorry driving and having a trade is "oh dear you poor thing, that's what you get for not trying hard enough at school".

The pandemic showed how society actually needs this "underclass" more than hedge fund managers