Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Every time we have an election the electoral demographic changes daily thereafter no? . So it’s not unique to this situation. They will get a chance to vote again in the future in all likelihood. After we’ve left 

No sorry this is a huge constitutional change which impacts where they can work, study and probably limits their opportunities. It's not good enough to say you'll have a chance to vote in the future.

Just now, Farrelli said:

No sorry this is a huge constitutional change which impacts where they can work, study and probably limits their opportunities. It's not good enough to say you'll have a chance to vote in the future.

So let’s let everyone vote. Babies toddlers kids yes? 

Doesnt work like that does it 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

He’s not technically asked for an extension. A letter has been sent which doesn’t carry his signature I guess. He feels that is enough for his own point of principle 

Keep swallowing. 

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

Amazing crystal ball you've got there.

Just my opinion. I happen to live in the country as well so a reasonable idea of public feeling. 

And if all the remainers are saying we as in the uk would get a bad deal on re-entering in the future why would a small country such as Scotland get a favoutable deal?  Would appear counter intuitive to me to think like that? 

? 18/19/20 year olds are young adults with far more at stake than any other age group. You must see that? 

They’ve no more or less at stake than me. They may well (I hope) outlive me but doesn’t make their view any more important than mine. You must see that?

Just my opinion. I happen to live in the country as well so a reasonable idea of public feeling. 

And if all the remainers are saying we as in the uk would get a bad deal on re-entering in the future why would a small country such as Scotland get a favoutable deal?  Would appear counter intuitive to me to think like that? 

They be been left with little option since Dave C and his mates have ripped them a new one from London.

They’ve no more or less at stake than me. They may well (I hope) outlive me but doesn’t make their view any more important than mine. You must see that?

Point is they couldn't vote last time and that is not fair. Second referendum would at least give them that chance.

They be been left with little option since Dave C and his mates have ripped them a new one from London.

They includes me you mustn’t forget that. I do pretty well for myself all things considered. Apart from paying more income tax than the rest of you due to the devolved powers afforded to krankies mob. 

Would love to hear how we’ve been torn a new one over a pint sometime. As I dont see it or feel it. 

3 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Point is they couldn't vote last time and that is not fair. Second referendum would at least give them that chance.

3 years after the 2nd referendum, today's 16 and 17 year olds will say they didn't get a chance to vote and they'll want a 3rd referendum.

Edited by darwen_white

1 minute ago, darwen_white said:

3 years after the 2nd referendum, today's 16 and 17 year olds will say they didn't get a chance to vote and they'll want a 3rd referendum.

No. The debate has been in this three year timeframe and the ones who are now eligible to vote should have a voice.

Just now, Escobarp said:

Please answer the question directly. So ignore the previous vote entirely yes? 

Since the vote was consented and then not implemented entirely by the ineptitude of the Tories then my answer would be yes.

A vote now would be a much more informed decision and if we still voted leave then I for one would accept it.

Just now, Farrelli said:

Since the vote was consented and then not implemented entirely by the ineptitude of the Tories then my answer would be yes.

A vote now would be a much more informed decision and if we still voted leave then I for one would accept it.

Thank you  and right there is my issue and that of several million other people  some who voted to remain also  

and of course it’s down to the tories 

good night 

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If you have an impact assessment for leaving I want one for remaining, taking into account possible future costs and implications of PIGS needing bailing out Future free movement impact assessment should Turkey open the door to Syrians,  Future cost of the EU army, and cost of future new members who can’t pay their way, future qualitative easing plans etc. 

Mounts, you have officially lost the plot.

PIGS bailouts? We have no obligation to do so at all, we are not in the Euro! We did help Ireland and Portugal via the EU with loans but not Greece or Spain and those loans have been repaid.

What has Turkey and Syria got to do with anything? Also you do realise how the Turks feel about Syrian refugees don't you? They aren't welcoming them with open arms ffs. Turkey is not joining the EU in our lifetimes either.

EU army may happen one day or it might not. Either way we have a VETO!

Quantitative easing again is for the Euro not Sterling.

My own mum also believes this shit because she reads the fucking Mail.

Just now, Escobarp said:

Thank you  and right there is my issue and that of several million other people  some who voted to remain also  

and of course it’s down to the tories 

good night 

As I said earlier it is a huge constitutional change in which the public were largely conned. The blame for that is definitely down to the Tories.

Good night.