Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Haha....even better....a know it all on here is denying what a MP has said.

Read the link in depth please, I’ll hammer you in debate after my bath.

She said the numbers weren’t there for a 2nd referendum to win a parliamentary majority. I fully agree with her. I’m not sure what gotcha that is - far as I can see Farrelli said was many MPs think a 2nd referendum is way to solve this and that is his view.

Not sure he said there was a majority of MPs to support it. If he did then he’s wrong and I’d agree with Lucy Powell. But other than that....think you are trying to prove a point never made....

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

She said the numbers weren’t there for a 2nd referendum to win a parliamentary majority. I fully agree with her. I’m not sure what gotcha that is - far as I can see Farrelli said was many MPs think a 2nd referendum is way to solve this and that is his view.

Not sure he said there was a majority of MPs to support it. If he did then he’s wrong and I’d agree with Lucy Powell. But other than that....think you are trying to prove a point never made....

You’re actually quite thick aren’t you ?

Read Farrelli’s post above please.

He said HIS OPINION.

Go away and argue with him please.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

No I assure you I voted to leave. I know you believe and fanny5 believes you know everything. But you have no idea what I thought and what I think. 

Despite your protestations I can guarantee you explicitly that is what I voted for. To leave. And it is what we will be doing 

i would rather leave with a deal  but if the democracy deniers wish to prevent this then to my detriment I will take no deal 

you boys better get your hankies ready and away from sharp objects it’s all getting a bit much 

So everyone who voted Leave did so not caring about the consequences, as long as they got what they wanted? The Leave campaign was a waste of time then. I don't know why they bothered with that big red bus 

And I can assure you, your fantasies of me crying and feeling suicidal over Brexit only exist in your head. 

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

So everyone who voted Leave did so not caring about the consequences, as long as they got what they wanted? The Leave campaign was a waste of time then. I don't know why they bothered with that big red bus 

And I can assure you, your fantasies of me crying and feeling suicidal over Brexit only exist in your head. 

I tend not to have fantasies. Shall leave that one there before we end up off topic 

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

You’re actually quite thick aren’t you ?

Read Farrelli’s post above please.

He said HIS OPINION.

Go away and argue with him please.

Perhaps you can explain how Lucy Powell saying there aren’t the numbers in Parliament to get a 2nd referendum through disproves a single thing he’s said? I can’t see what. Perhaps I’ve missed a post somewhere. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Perhaps you can explain how Lucy Powell saying there aren’t the numbers in Parliament to get a 2nd referendum through disproves a single thing he’s said? I can’t see what. Perhaps I’ve missed a post somewhere. 

Mate, life's too short to try and fathom a Miami post.

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Christ sake.....he said it was purely his opinion.

Can you not understand that simple thing ? HIS OPINION  !!!

Go away, I need a bath, you are really boring me 

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

You'll have flooded your gaff by the time you actually go for this bath.

Just now, miamiwhite said:

Still completely baffling. What is his opinion that you claim Powell’s comments negate? 

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

Still completely baffling. What is his opinion that you claim Powell’s comments negate? 

I’ll do it in simple terms...

Lucy is a Labour MP who sits in Parliament....she says there’s not numbers for a second referendum which you also agree with.

Farrelli says it’s the way forward but I showed clearly the numbers aren’t there, which I I think you also agreed with.

Hence, Lucy, myself and quell surprise ..yourself show his opinion is negated.

Please, just go away now :D

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Lucy is a Labour MP who sits in Parliament....she says there’s not numbers for a second referendum which you also agree with.

Farrelli says it’s the way forward but I showed clearly the numbers aren’t there, which I I think you also agreed with.

Lucy might be wrong, that's my opinion:ball:

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Wow. That’s really embarrassing. An MP saying a second referendum can’t get through Parliament doesn’t negate an opinion that it’s the right way forward. It’s completely irrelevant. I think a 2nd referendum is right way forward. It isn’t happening. Doesn’t change my view.

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, royal white said:

Would anyone on here who voted leave acted the way the remain lot have since the result? Or would you have just continued going about your normal everyday life? 

What is it you think Remain voters have done? I can assure you I've continued going about my normal everyday life since the Referendum. 

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

I appreciate you have strong opinons on these matters. I'd be genuinely interested in your opinion on what is written in this article. It is clearly from a very pro-Brexit source but it is very detailed and casts back over recent decades. It describes vividly what I've said on here many times - the world has changed vastly since we joined the EEC.

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-eu-is-a-major-drag-on-the-uk-economy/

I do have strong opinions, solidified by the fact that the weak pound has hammered my place of work and we have lost some great people. As of yet, no sign of any upside! 

Thanks for the link, plenty of opinion dressed as fact and plenty more facts with out detailed sourcing that can be scrutinised 

Any-road, here’s a snippet from your link that seems to sum up what you keep saying....

But things could move faster if the UK reduced trade barriers with the rest of the world and reorganised its regulatory system, dropping many of the costly EU regulations that hold back UK businesses

FirstlyI think COULD is the operative word in that 

secondly, it’s based on us dropping EU regulations and standards. The fact is, we along with France and Germany set those standards, we had the power to veto anything we didn’t like. I highly doubt we will be dropping any standards and that will limit our trade deals as it has the EU. The old chlorine Chicken with the US trade deal being a case in point 

Back to my point regarding Liz Truss, after all it’s her department! What do you make of her policy of prioritising trade deals with the likes of the US, Australia, New Zealand etc rather than fast growing developing economies like China and India? Surely you agree that it goes against everything you have been saying? 

Let’s put it into context, our trade with the EU is x40 bigger than that of Australia! If our trade with the EU drops by 2% then we need to double or trade with Australia to break even. I know where my priorities would be if it was my department 

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

What is it you think Remain voters have done? I can assure you I've continued going about my normal everyday life since the Referendum. 

well there were apparently millions protesting through London on Saturday, add that to the numerous other demos. Then you have you who tells quite a few porkies on here, wasn’t you also planning on stocking up in preparation for a no deal? Is that really part of your everyday life? Very odd but each to their own 

36 minutes ago, royal white said:

Would anyone on here who voted leave acted the way the remain lot have since the result? Or would you have just continued going about your normal everyday life? 

Who knows what folk on here would have done, it’s all guess work. I’m quite sure any ardent Eurosceptic would have continued to piss and moan about the EU like they have been for the past 30 years 

Nigel Farage came out shortly after the referendum polls closed demanding another referendum ASAP (as it looked at that point like they were going to lose) so we would no doubt be having the 2nd referendum debate whatever the result of the last one 

So my guess would be, Yes