Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Anyone saying the UK having 20m vaccines on order and the EU having 0 is not a major plus for Brexiteers is talking out of their arse. 

If nothing else it is PR delight for Brexit. 

Agreed - provided it works, and we don't just jump the gun and buy something that turns our to be a bit shit (as we did with the PPE stuff)

It's definitely a PR delight for the Leave campaign, and they should be getting some mileage out of it - it'll be interesting to see if we do actually get and administer a vaccine to our population before the EU member states do

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Agreed - provided it works, and we don't just jump the gun and buy something that turns our to be a bit shit (as we did with the PPE stuff)

It's definitely a PR delight for the Leave campaign, and they should be getting some mileage out of it - it'll be interesting to see if we do actually get and administer a vaccine to our population before the EU member states do

Stupid ass Europeans

Guest Nordkurve
2 hours ago, Ani said:

I think if you are talking about the UK having more flexibility outside the EU than within it it is totally about Brexit. 
If the article is correct and the EU have not signed a contract yet I bet they wish they had. 

Then the article isn't correct because it is being reported in Germany that the EU has signed a deal and bought about 100 million of the Vaccines, but will not roll them out until another round of tests.

30 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Crikey, remainers saying it could be good news.

I need a lie down 💤 😴 🛏 

27 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

It's the Biden effect, give it a week and it will wear off 😃

The advantage of no chip on my shoulders is that I have a balanced view. You won’t find that on Twitter 

😚😎😁😂😘😍

Never ceases to amaze that that all 'remainers' are assumed to be of the same mind set and that they want everything to go tits up.

I certainly hope that leaving turns out to be the best thing this country could ever have done.  I'd be amazed if 99.9% of folk folk don't feel the same.

11 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Never ceases to amaze that that all 'remainers' are assumed to be of the same mind set and that they want everything to go tits up.

I certainly hope that leaving turns out to be the best thing this country could ever have done.  I'd be amazed if 99.9% of folk folk don't feel the same.

Similar to all leavers being thick owd racists who didn’t know what they were voting for maybe? You can see my point. All encompassing sterotypes aren’t helpful nor if we are honest commonplace. 

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Similar to all leavers being thick owd racists who didn’t know what they were voting for maybe? You can see my point. All encompassing sterotypes aren’t helpful nor if we are honest commonplace. 

I have never said all leavers were thick old racists, as well you know.

2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I have never said all leavers were thick old racists, as well you know.

And I wasn’t referring to you as you know. I was merely offering a counter from the other side that some people tarnish all leavers with a certain stereotype and on the other side of the coin it as you highlight. 

neither are accurate or cover more than a very small proportion of people as you point out. 

ive never said all remainers want to see the country fail Either. We do have some on here who appear to be quite content possibly with this though which is baffling. 

Just now, Escobarp said:

And I wasn’t referring to you as you know. I was merely offering a counter from the other side that some people tarnish all leavers with a certain stereotype and on the other side of the coin it as you highlight. 

neither are accurate or cover more than a very small proportion of people as you point out. 

ive never said all remainers want to see the country fail Either. We do have some on here who appear to be quite content possibly with this though which is baffling. 

Apologies for jumping on the defensive.

... and I agree.

11 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Apologies for jumping on the defensive.

... and I agree.

But they did not know what they were voting for in terms of deal/ no deal. Hard/soft.  
They may have their own view or hope but certainly no detail. 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

But they did not know what they were voting for in terms of deal/ no deal. Hard/soft.  
They may have their own view or hope but certainly no detail. 

That wasn’t the question though or the choices so I did know what I was voting for. I now would like a choice based upon the options and have been vociferous that there should be a second confirmatory vote but only containing the choices of how we leave be it deal or no deal. We might not even get those two options though potentially. But if we offer remains as an option no only does that not form part of a confirmatory vote on method to leave you inevitably would get a  Result of remain as you split the leave vote making it impossible to achieve any other outcome but remain. Which for me is wrong.  You know this though. 

other way is offer those who voted to leave the confirmatory vote only and offer remain for people who may have changed their minds like spider and maybe me. But again that’s never going to happen. But it would potentially resolve this but it’s impossible to facilitate 

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not relevant in the slightest.

Of course it is in the context of the debate above. 
The allegation has been made Leavers were ‘thick old racists who did not know what they were voting for. ‘ 

So responding to that it is relevant. 

What Leave would actually look like is still not agreed so how could they have known three years ago what they were voting for ? You can argue that Leavers were voting for the principle of leaving the EU irrespective of what that was. But at the time ‘no deal’ was dismissed as project fear, now we are told if that is the ‘right’ option we will take it. 

Do you think at the time of voting 52% of the population would have still voted to Leave if No Deal was the only option ? 

To be clear I am not saying the vote is invalid or should not count. But it is a fact that not everyone who voted Leave or Remain knew exactly what that meant. 

Guest Nordkurve
4 hours ago, Ani said:

The allegation has been made Leavers were ‘thick old racists who did not know what they were voting for. ‘ 

What Leave would actually look like is still not agreed so how could they have known three years ago what they were voting for ? You can argue that Leavers were voting for the principle of leaving the EU irrespective of what that was. But at the time ‘no deal’ was dismissed as project fear, now we are told if that is the ‘right’ option we will take it. 

Do you think at the time of voting 52% of the population would have still voted to Leave if No Deal was the only option ? 

To be clear I am not saying the vote is invalid or should not count. But it is a fact that not everyone who voted Leave or Remain knew exactly what that meant. 

Well, the people who voted Remain voted for things to stay as they were, so they knew what they were voting for. It's done now anyway. 

4 hours ago, Ani said:

Remainers have no clue how the future EU is going to look, therefore the argument that leavers had no vision of what leave looks like isn’t valid. 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Remainers have no clue how the future EU is going to look, therefore the argument that leavers had no vision of what leave looks like isn’t valid. 

Remain voters thought there wouldn't be a federal state or EU Army when the votes were cast.

High on the EU's agenda since then with most of their unelected top dogs advocating both

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Remain voters thought there wouldn't be a federal state or EU Army when the votes were cast.

High on the EU's agenda since then with most of their unelected top dogs advocating both

And it’s not finished yet, more federalists agendas will be coming thick and fast, but remainers knew that didn’t they... like fuck they did. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper