Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Just now, Spider said:

Be like fucking a cathedral

I wouldn’t even get close to touching the sides. Bet it’s lovely and wet though. Be akin to a swamp no doubt. 

Bag of bing and she would let you do anything got her though. Tbf that’s like a lot nowadays

23 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

These panic buyers/hoarders......why do they always go for bog rolls ? I'm no expert but surely if you've no food, you won't need many bog rolls, so it would be better to hoard food first.

I would imagine its partly due to household penetration, toilet roll being one of the highest in this area (95% of households buy toilet roll, god knows what the other 5% use to wipe their arse's). I'd also guess its due to the size of the product, you cant get as many selling units on a supermarket fixture as you can most other products that are much smaller. Thus when people start to buy more products to stock up its the first one to look Iike its nearly out, the fear of not being able to buy the product drives even more demand and cleans the fixture out even quicker 

The size then has an impact on re supply, you cant get as many units on a truck so replenishing the stores with new stock is less effective, a full Lorry of toilet roll might only last 7 days in store, a full truck of Tea might last 28 days. The issue here is getting a picking slot at a Supermarket depot. Back in March we had stock available, the supermarkets system ordered it, our truck arrived at the supermarket distribution center and was turned away as they simply didn't have enough man power to unload all trucks 

For every 10 trucks we need to get slots for the toilet roll suppliers will likely need to get 30 in to service the same number of buying units 

23 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I would imagine its partly due to household penetration, toilet roll being one of the highest in this area (95% of households buy toilet roll, god knows what the other 5% use to wipe their arse's). I'd also guess its due to the size of the product, you cant get as many selling units on a supermarket fixture as you can most other products that are much smaller. Thus when people start to buy more products to stock up its the first one to look Iike its nearly out, the fear of not being able to buy the product drives even more demand and cleans the fixture out even quicker 

The size then has an impact on re supply, you cant get as many units on a truck so replenishing the stores with new stock is less effective, a full Lorry of toilet roll might only last 7 days in store, a full truck of Tea might last 28 days. The issue here is getting a picking slot at a Supermarket depot. Back in March we had stock available, the supermarkets system ordered it, our truck arrived at the supermarket distribution center and was turned away as they simply didn't have enough man power to unload all trucks 

For every 10 trucks we need to get slots for the toilet roll suppliers will likely need to get 30 in to service the same number of buying units 

Excellent, thanks.  Because the bog rolls are big items, it doesn't take many to be sold to make the shelf look empty & cause people who are prone to panic, to panic. ( some lucky person is going to get this shoehorned into a conversation )

9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You know who they are. Anyone who has travelled round the east of the world will also know who they are. 

You don't even need to travel.

Where I used to work in Blackburn there was a high percentage of staff who only needed to utilise a bottle of water and their left hand.  Disgusting.

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

You don't even need to travel.

Where I used to work in Blackburn there was a high percentage of staff who only needed to utilise a bottle of water and their left hand.  Disgusting.

I was trying to be discreet about it pal 😁. Don’t want to be accused of being a racist eh??

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Imagine swabbing underneath their fingernails

I had to endure it on a train to Malaysia it wasn’t pleasant. And on the Gili islands it was a jug in a big tank of water next to the hole in the floor  

baby wipes were the order of the day 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Dock leafs, newspaper, bidday, handwipe followed by a wash.

I'm a double ply man myself, suffered with the odd pile, so I pre-germolene most days 🥺

During the occasional foray into chapped arse/possible piles down the years, I've found a big blob of Metanium cream works wonders instantly.

It's a nappy rash cream we used to put on the kids. yellow as mustard and smells like germolene, but by Christ it clears up an itchy arse in a heartbeat.

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I was trying to be discreet about it pal 😁. Don’t want to be accused of being a racist eh??

Ha, you know me, woke as fuck and all that ... but even I have a limit.  Anyone wanting to wash their feet in the sink is fine with me, but going into a cubicle and there being shit-infused water all over the seat and floor is not acceptable in a civilised society.

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

My mate has just had his piles elastic  banded a couple of Weeks ago. I assume they will Have just dropped off my now. Weird things. I suffer a wee bit but I’ve no had a solid shit more than once a month for 4 years so not too bad anymore 

You're sounding more like a Jock every day now Jimmy 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😘