Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Let’s not forget. They did this because they had a remain majority parliament. So effectively they were steering the process towards a known outcome which suited there own aims at that time. This was nothing to do with democracy. Although I think your point is very valid. 

that all got ripped out when Boris won such a large majority. Why isn’t Miller lauding the new deal given it will be ratified by parliament as she wished? Do you think she will be applauding from the sidelines? Or mysteriously silent? 

No she celebrated winning the case to get the right process in place. The outcome might not be what she wanted but it makes the outcome stronger. 

1 minute ago, crawshawbooth said:

Farage knew the mood of the country , but was big enough to stand back and give Boris the large majority we needed to leave the club

Farage did whatever his financial backers told him to do. 

Just now, Ani said:

No she celebrated winning the case to get the right process in place. The outcome might not be what she wanted but it makes the outcome stronger. 

Ok. Question. If parliament had been a massive leave majority. Would she have done it? Would she have gone to those lengths to “ensure due process”?

According to the BBC the EU has begun a co-ordinated vaccine rollout to fight covid-19 in what the blocs top official says is "a touching moment of unity" 

Some countries started administering the jabs on Saturday saying they weren't prepared to wait another day.

Yep perfect EU  unity! !

12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Ok. Question. If parliament had been a massive leave majority. Would she have done it? Would she have gone to those lengths to “ensure due process”?

As you would mate I will say I can not know what she would have done. I could glibly say ‘yes’ but I just do not know. 

13 minutes ago, H said:

According to the BBC the EU has begun a co-ordinated vaccine rollout to fight covid-19 in what the blocs top official says is "a touching moment of unity" 

Some countries started administering the jabs on Saturday saying they weren't prepared to wait another day.

Yep perfect EU  unity! !

The idea you should delay the launch of a vaccine so it looks unified sums up one of the things wrong with the EU. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Yes but what do you believe? 

I honestly have no idea. 

I worked for a while in Social Housing and was regularly amazed by how often Liberals would get hung up more about the principle than the outcome. 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

I honestly have no idea. 

I worked for a while in Social Housing and was regularly amazed by how often Liberals would get hung up more about the principle than the outcome. 

Fair enough. It is at the end of the just about opinion.  As you correctly stated none of us know in reality 

• Site Supporter

probably am tonight but as you know i stood for UKIP 

it wasnt keyboard warrior stuff , i did the meetings and pushed stuff thro doors from Rawtenstall to Burnley because i believed in it

I actually didn’t know that.

Fair play 👍

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

probably am tonight but as you know i stood for UKIP 

it wasnt keyboard warrior stuff , i did the meetings and pushed stuff thro doors from Rawtenstall to Burnley because i believed in it

hahaha how many votes did you get?

Just now, Spider said:

I actually didn’t know that.

Fair play 👍

not playing Billy Big bollocks because i know this stuff affects every family in different ways

it is just what i felt about the UK back then

i knew the night of the big vote the BBC were going to be so far of course it would be embarrassing

3 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

it is funded through donations like all political parties or unions

some of it was my brass

my point was he stepped aside to give buffoon Boris his majority

Fair play to you. The speed of growth of UKIP was too fast to be funded by ‘normal’ donations such as yours. The likes of Aaron Banks stick upto £1m in the pot gives them a massive say. 

• Site Supporter

was council, so not national

pretty much a 3 way split

but i was the best person for that ward

but if you dont stand on the ticket part of society are disenfranchised

which a lot of people in this country would be ok with

Wouldn’t be my choice but fair fucks to you for sticking your head on the block and doing the yards.

ignore cheese, he dropped a boom earlier with the tweet and is upset no one responded.

52 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

Yourie lad you need to get onto any new breweries trying to grow next year

with your descriptions i can see you as editor for Booze Weekly

there must be a living out there with your stuff

can you get me a case of Colostomy bag at a decent price

😌

For you a crate of Keel's could be £378 (50% reduction).

I always fancied the post of Chief Editor of 'Shitfaced for a Tenner Weekly'...