Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I still dont get how some people will take the side of another country (or Bloc) over their own, and some who think the EU are the greatest institution on earth, it's like they hate the country they live in.... is that Bray chap still dressed up in blue and stars outside parliament, its fucking bewildering, let it go you sad fuckers!

And then you have the SNP wanting to be independent but want to join the EU, now that confuses the fuck out of me, independent but not independent, ffs!

I can accept their belief it's best for them, irrespective of whether it is or not.

It may also be more about ideology more than pragmatism. 

Whatever the reasons, ultimately it's up to the people of Scotland, though they can't expect a vote on it like a general election cycle.

I'm just wondering how many groats to the pound sterling we'll get. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Precisely as we said, the economy needs rebalancing we need to increase manufacturing, small steps but any growth in a pandemic is fantastic, but they said U.K. was to expensive to manufacture goods,  they were wrong again, as per usual. 🇬🇧

If the pandemic has taught us anything, its the importance of an industrial sector that caters for essential services. 

Got to be a rebalancing to a degree.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I still dont get how some people will take the side of another country (or Bloc) over their own, and some who think the EU are the greatest institution on earth, it's like they hate the country they live in.... is that Bray chap still dressed up in blue and stars outside parliament, its fucking bewildering, let it go you sad fuckers!

This is fundamentally where our differences lie. I don't get how some people "take the side" of a country or Government purely because "it's their own", regardless of what that country/Government does.

And by your own logic, you must have "hated the country you lived in" for the vast majority of your life - until we left the EU.

It is indeed bewildering.

35 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

And then you have the SNP wanting to be independent but want to join the EU, now that confuses the fuck out of me, independent but not independent, ffs!

https://www.alamy.com/photograph-of-brexit-activist-steve-bray-from-port-talbot-south-wales-bray-made-daily-protests-against-brexit-in-college-green-westminster-throughout-2018-and-2019-image377039762.html?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid=C8F02155-7850-4637-A309-1D31CB59C144&p=75935&n=0&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&IsFromSearch=1&srch=foo%3dbar%26st%3d0%26pn%3d1%26ps%3d100%26sortby%3d2%26resultview%3dsortbyPopular%26npgs%3d0%26qt%3dbrexit%20man%26qt_raw%3dbrexit%20man%26lic%3d3%26mr%3d0%26pr%3d0%26ot%3d0%26creative%3d%26ag%3d0%26hc%3d0%26pc%3d%26blackwhite%3d%26cutout%3d%26tbar%3d1%26et%3d0x000000000000000000000%26vp%3d0%26loc%3d0%26imgt%3d0%26dtfr%3d%26dtto%3d%26size%3d0xFF%26archive%3d1%26groupid%3d%26pseudoid%3d%26a%3d%26cdid%3d%26cdsrt%3d%26name%3d%26qn%3d%26apalib%3d%26apalic%3d%26lightbox%3d%26gname%3d%26gtype%3d%26xstx%3d0%26simid%3d%26saveQry%3d%26editorial%3d1%26nu%3d%26t%3d%26edoptin%3d%26customgeoip%3d%26cap%3d1%26cbstore%3d1%26vd%3d0%26lb%3d%26fi%3d2%26edrf%3d%26ispremium%3d1%26flip%3d0%26pl%3d

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Why would I hate the country I live in 🤷‍♂️

I dont always agree with the government of the day, but I've gone along with it because that's how democracy works.

Stop talking shite, is your name Cheese Bray or Cheese Brie ?

I don't "hate" the country I live in either. Where do you get these extreme ideas from? That anyone who disagrees with you "hates Britain"?

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You dont seem to say a lot that's good about the UK, yet since we have left the EU, it looks a right fuck up.

You seem to forget, like many others do, that the EU bloc is run by a load of unelected bureaucrats, it's all been discussed before, you need to get over it fella, we've left, we ain't going back. 

...and we haven't left Europe, we've just left that expensive club that's mainly run by Germany & France.

Neither do you. And why would you? It's just where you live. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Cheese

55 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

To Be fair, and I don't know for sure, but didnt it drop by nearly 100% about 11 months ago ?

So I dont know if those 9 months are increases on the previous months (which you would hope so), or versus the same period last year(which would be fantastic news).

I'd have been a coward and hid, but forced to pick a side I'd have followed my granddad and joined the Germans during WW2, definitely, they had miles better helmets. In fact all the sides had better helmets than us; America, Italy...did the Japs even wear them, or just those hats with teatowels hanging off the back..?

Ours were shit, like a fucking empty Fray Bentos tin hammered out.

We looked like Dad's Army, it was embarrassing - they should've refused to fight.

• Site Supporter

This idea that waving a flag and singing certain songs makes you "more English" than someone who doesn't is fucking childish and pathetic. It's about time it got put to bed. Unfortunately it's wide awake, and millions are egging it on and pumping it with amphetamines. That sort of thing only ever ends in tears.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Q: if you had an unlimited amount of money and you can live anywhere in the world, were would you live ?

.....except Brussels 🤓

As near as possible to my family and friends, but in a massive house. So probably somewhere within a 5 mile radius from where I am now.

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

This idea that waving a flag and singing certain songs makes you "more English" than someone who doesn't is fucking childish and pathetic. It's about time it got put to bed. Unfortunately it's wide awake, and millions are egging it on and pumping it with amphetamines. That sort of thing only ever ends in tears.

Your talking about Scotland now. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Here you go again, demeaning people because they want to belt out a few tunes, it their choice, it doesn't make them pathetic.

Personally I dont do it myself, but I wouldn't call anyone pathetic, let them fill their boots I say.

If not you, who am I demeaning? Are you taking offence on someone elses behalf?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

You are stating other people are pathetic because they would do something you wouldn't do... you are a fucking loon!

But you said you're not one of them, so on whose behalf are you taking offence?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Really? If you say you're English. You get arrested. 

And thrown in jail?

Yeah, if you just say you're English these days, you get arrested and you get thrown in jail.

Edited by Cheese