Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

45 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Au contraire, mon ami

Last year, the screechers didn’t believe a word about Cummings’ trip to Barnard Castle.

Now, his words are the new gospel.

Screecher or not, that was bollocks and we all know it.

I guess the interesting thing is that all the Tory party rallied around him, I bet they wish they'd thrown him under the bus now.

4 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Screecher or not, that was bollocks and we all know it.

I guess the interesting thing is that all the Tory party rallied around him, I bet they wish they'd thrown him under the bus now.

You don’t throw one of your own under the bus at anytime. Well I should rephrase that, unless youre of a certain “type”. Of which I suspect we have more than a few on here sadly. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

You don’t throw one of your own under the bus at anytime. Well I should rephrase that, unless youre of a certain “type”. Of which I suspect we have more than a few on here sadly. 

I get that, but they all must have known what Cummings was like, and one day he'd be turning tail.....as he seems to be doing now. Wait until he releases a book, which you'd assume he will do once any restrictive clauses that he has expire, he'll be spilling his guts left, right and centre and stitching up anybody he can

9 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I get that, but they all must have known what Cummings was like, and one day he'd be turning tail.....as he seems to be doing now. Wait until he releases a book, which you'd assume he will do once any restrictive clauses that he has expire, he'll be spilling his guts left, right and centre and stitching up anybody he can

Oh yes I agree that they should have distanced themselves from Him a long time ago so more fool them. Invite a snake into your garden you’re likely to get bitten at some point. 

10 minutes ago, Sweep said:

He's due into a select committee in May isn't he? Bet a few cabinet member's arses will be twitching that day 

• Site Supporter

Why don't Bojo & Co. simply throw him under the bus for Barnard Castle?

It's almost like they're worried he is only dishing out teasers, and they think he has more dirt to throw.

It's all going rather Tory.

Imagine voting for this lot. 

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Why don't Bojo & Co. simply throw him under the bus for Barnard Castle?

It's almost like they're worried he is only dishing out teasers, and they think he has more dirt to throw.

It's all going rather Tory.

Imagine voting for this lot. 

And you voted for...?

• Members
5 minutes ago, Sweep said:

surely it'd fit better in a baguette..

Farmers for you Sweep, if they’re not causing aggro with daylights savings b bollocks they’ve got massive chickens running around wondering why they’re so massive 

49 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Conservatives you mean? There's a few (on here) but I see them more as hardworking traditionalists getting owd who've been duped.

They're not like your Goves, Defeffals et al who are hardwired to slit their best mate's throat for a shilling.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Does this bus have anything written on the side?

• Site Supporter

It's all just such a surprise.

It's just a shame we don't have an opposition with any talent.

Our politics is fucked, it's that simple. The best we can muster is this shower of half-arsed, trough-gorging poster boys for public school education.

All they have to do is graft for a few years and not take the piss and line their own pockets.

Maggie didn't. She'd still do a better job now as a cadaver propped up against the despatch box.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

The reason all the press are running with it is that its legitimate and it's more than one source. 

There will be more to follow. 

Aghhh the press that never lie. Is this as legitimate as the time he was alleged to have battered his missus? 

Edited by royal white

Why is Margaret Thatcher held up as some great leader?

Her crowning triumphs - using the O.B. to twat some miners and picking a fight with another jumped-up swarthy tossbag she knew she could muller.

Would the caretaker of The Louvŕe be heralded as some genius if he/she was allowed to flog off its contents for next to fuck all?

Gordon Brown gets pilloried for pawning a bit of scrap he found down the back of a Number 11 couch.

She more or less invented the concept of Oligarchy.

She was shite, the opposition and her own party were just shite-er.

Anyone from the North that grew up in those times that praises her needs their head feeling, or grew up more cushioned than they let on.

Or they fooked off to sunnier climes sometime during her reign of terror.

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, Spider said:

Told you that, have they? Know a lot of farmers?

You've not done your research on it.

Now watch what happens over the period of this government, and hopefully beyond.

Won't work for everyone, however to long overdue modernisation of some farming practices, based largely around environmental concerns, is and will continue to happen.

As in any industry (engineering being a fine example) the best and most open minded will flourish, whilst the dinosaurs won't.