Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

You need a nice cup of green tea and some hummus on pitta, that'll cheer you right up

I’m in tip tip form. The morning usually starts with red berry tea and then some pukka chai tea. I’m dead trendy, me!

19 minutes ago, Spider said:

Do you not like it because your preferred political figures are perhaps getting a bit of a kicking?

Or do you not like it because one or two posters on here are enjoying said kicking, especially given the months of snooty derision by the visionaries who ironically never saw this coming?

Come on, you can tell me 🙂

Sad 

that was the word I was looking for. 

ive no political allegiances. Did I mention I’ve never voted other than the brexit referendum? Also im a huge fan of people getting their comeuppance as well and thus wouldn’t want to see anyone getting away with something untoward in public office. 

as you were 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Sad 

that was the word I was looking for. 

ive no political allegiances. Did I mention I’ve never voted other than the brexit referendum? Also im a huge fan of people getting their comeuppance as well and thus wouldn’t want to see anyone getting away with something untoward in public office. 

as you were 

So everyone who has posted on this thread is sad?

Have you seen who the top 3 posters are? :-)

You have to admit, there's more than a modicum of amusement to be gleaned from the Cummings/Bojo wrangle? Almost all political leaders come to a sticky end, this is no different. 

It's funny as fuck though.

13 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Red. Always the red.

I have no idea why we have it actually, but there it is and being supped.

Try the blue!

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

So everyone who has posted on this thread is sad?

Have you seen who the top 3 posters are? 🙂

You have to admit, there's more than a modicum of amusement to be gleaned from the Cummings/Bojo wrangle? Almost all political leaders come to a sticky end, this is no different. 

It's funny as fuck though.

Is that what I said? Please don’t put words in my mouth 

5 hours ago, Spider said:

Arlene Foster has stepped down, bet she leaves some absolute devastation in the first Minister's private latrine.

Johnson collateral damage.

Foreign Secretary Johnson attended the DUP conference and did his rabble rousing promising there would be no Irish Sea border. As a result the DUP MPs (who held the balance of power) voted out Theresa May's Brexit deal.

Prime Minster Johnson agreed to an Irish Sea border and Ms Foster had no alternative to give it her backing as no deal would have been more catastrophic and she had nowhere to turn.

Does he care? What sane politician would want to get into bed with him now (except for the anti Europe/anti mask/anti benefits zealots)?

Edited by Dimron

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dimron said:

Johnson collateral damage.

Foreign Secretary Johnson attended the UDP conference and did his rabble rousing promising there would be no Irish Sea border. As a result the UDP MPs (who held the balance of power) voted out Theresa May's Brexit deal.

Prime Minster Johnson agreed to an Irish Sea border and Ms Foster had no alternative to give it her backing as no deal would have been more catastrophic and she had nowhere to turn.

Does he care? What sane politician would want to get into bed with him now (except for the anti Europe/anti mask/anti benefits zealots)?

Aye, he agreed TM's deal at Chequers but then ran to the media saying there can't be a border in the Irish sea. Then when in the PM spot he did exactly that.

Or can someone explain different?

I know not much about politics to any great level.   But why does he need another politician? Does his 80Ish seat majority not mean he can do precisely as he likes currently and for the foreseeable ?

the ship of needing folk has sailed has it not?