Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I know not much about politics to any great level.   But why does he need another politician? Does his 80Ish seat majority not mean he can do precisely as he likes currently and for the foreseeable ?

the ship of needing folk has sailed has it not? 

Hung Parliaments don't work and majority Parliaments don't work

We're fucked as long as we have a two party system, probably won't change in my lifetime.

In a future society we could all sit around and press a button to vote and vaporise by majority any blatant liars or Man U supporting politicians

9 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Aye, he agreed TM's deal at Chequers but then ran to the media saying there can't be a border in the Irish sea. Then when in the PM spot he did exactly that.

Or can someone explain different?

He has thrown plenty under the wheels of his Brexit bus.

All to be the King of the World

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Dimron said:

We're fucked as long as we have a two party system, probably won't change in my lifetime.

In a future society we could all sit around and press a button to vote and vaporise by majority any blatant liars or Man U supporting politicians

I had the Con/Lib gov as a reasonable way out of the shite we were in at the time.

LibDems then got bummed at election time due to student fees.

5 minutes ago, Dimron said:

We would have none left. They’re all the same. Just that a portion of folk seem to have conveniently forgotten this as they wet themselves. That’s the bit I can’t quite get and that I find quite sad. 

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

I had the Con/Lib gov as a reasonable way out of the shite we were in at the time.

LibDems then got bummed at election time due to student fees.

I recall Cameron offered Clegg a proportional representation referendum in return for support but then buried it in local by elections where it was beaten down by tory biased local council voting. It appears to me that no one knew or remembers what was on offer.

Agreed regarding the student fees, Clegg should have stood his ground as he was in a stronger place than he thought. Should have teamed up with labour in the first place though and fkd the Eton posh boys off.

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

We would have none left. They’re all the same. Just that a portion of folk seem to have conveniently forgotten this as they wet themselves. That’s the bit I can’t quite get and that I find quite sad. 

I would absolutely agree that as far as career politicians go, there is a majority that are in it for themselves.

But just because others have done the same or similar doesn't mean we shouldn't call it out.

It certainly seems now to be happening with more regularity, with more £/integrity at stake and seemingly no reprisals either.

Don't forget, priti has broken ministerial code twice yet she is still home secretary, arguably the 3rd most powerful position in Government. 

59 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I know not much about politics to any great level.   But why does he need another politician? Does his 80Ish seat majority not mean he can do precisely as he likes currently and for the foreseeable ?

the ship of needing folk has sailed has it not? 

It is not his majority, it is the party's , an internal coup from his fellow Tories is not impossible. 

The lack of decent leadership candidates on either side is pathetic. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Hardly fucking off with 2 other U.K. factories. 

600+ geordies will be relieved.

I thought foreign companies were increasing their investment in the uk, rather than reducing it?

I may be wrong.

Now then, I know you all like a little poser.....and no, that doesn't mean the hillbilly midget from Leigh.

If, and it is an if, if the Sweaties get Independence, how do they go about the border issue ?

The clowns up there have finally admitted to this issue re another hard border.

Any ideas class ? Over to you queens and queers .....spank me later x

6 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm noticing a trend here.

Anyone that Miami hunts down with his twitter stick of repremand seems to keep their job - Sturgeon, Khan etc. Its everyone else who gets potted.

Basically, politicans/spokespeople need to come under the wrath of a certain section of WW and they are safe as houses. Those who are backed - Tommy, Trump, Cummings, now Boris end up in all sorts of bother.  

You missed out Jeremy 😃 🌹 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Just for balance after the Johnson lefty love in today ❤ 

Find a post on here where anyone says Labour are doing well.

(Tip: don’t do it if you’ve got anything else to do)

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If Labour had enough decent policies, their supporters wouldn't be to bothered about flat decorating cost at Downing Street.

Tedious

I imagine the plan is to officially prove him lying, then it follows (in the voters' eyes) he was also lying about his lockdown comments and so on.

That is when he gets the no confidence vote and he's homeless again.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If Labour had enough decent policies, their supporters wouldn't be to bothered about flat decorating cost at Downing Street.

Tedious

I don’t keep bringing Labour up.

The writhing and squirming though, that’s funny 😄 

10 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I imagine the plan is to officially prove him lying, then it follows (in the voters' eyes) he was also lying about his lockdown comments and so on.

That is when he gets the no confidence vote and he's homeless again.

Property prices that high that millions can’t buy a gaff? Missed that one 😎

23 minutes ago, Spider said:

Find a post on here where anyone says Labour are doing well.

(Tip: don’t do it if you’ve got anything else to do)

There can't be a single post saying Labour are doing well, as they are doing utter shite. Not that I even said they were doing well did I ? Please check again 

Now, I'm a busy man unlike you.....have a nice day. 

9 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Now then, I know you all like a little poser.....and no, that doesn't mean the hillbilly midget from Leigh.

If, and it is an if, if the Sweaties get Independence, how do they go about the border issue ?

The clowns up there have finally admitted to this issue re another hard border.

Any ideas class ? Over to you queens and queers .....spank me later x

How is a border between England and Scotland an issue? Genuine question, I get why the Ireland one is but this is completely different and could be easily dealt with in the same way other land borders are in Europe.