Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Well, even if he is a lying toerag, I don't believe you'll hear a truer word spoken for a while;

"I’m not smart, I’ve not built great things in the world. It’s completely crackers that someone like me should have been in there, just the same as it’s crackers that Boris Johnson was in there.”

“There’s a very profound question about the nature of our political system that means we got at the last election a choice between Jeremy Corbyn and Boris Johnson… There are so many thousands of wonderful people in this country who could provide better leadership than either of those two.”

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well, even if he is a lying toerag, I don't believe you'll hear a truer word spoken for a while;

"I’m not smart, I’ve not built great things in the world. It’s completely crackers that someone like me should have been in there, just the same as it’s crackers that Boris Johnson was in there.”

“There’s a very profound question about the nature of our political system that means we got at the last election a choice between Jeremy Corbyn and Boris Johnson… There are so many thousands of wonderful people in this country who could provide better leadership than either of those two.”

If he was so convinced he shouldn't have been there, why the fuck did he take the job? He's still a massive cunt.

But, cunts do have their uses.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So genuine question for The usuals. Are you now believing Cummings and now he’s no longer a liar? Is that the gist of this? I’ve not seen much of what he’s said tbh so can’t comment 

dunno if I'm included but, I think it was blatently obvious to all that he (and the rest of them) was lying last year

and I think that today we're getting an insight into what a mess the government has made of things, and it's probably as close to the truth as you'd get as to what went on - plus he can probably prove most of it

hopefully that doesn't make me a hypocrite or anything

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

If he was so convinced he shouldn't have been there, why the fuck did he take the job? He's still a massive cunt.

But, cunts do have their uses.

Oh god yes, I don't think the humblebrag thing works but you have to remember this is a man who hates every politician and the fundamental system, he just wanted to change the political system and then he had to deal with a pandemic which clearly he wants to point out that our system of government - whoever is in power - isn't fit for purpose.

His dislike of Handcock is funny though. He clearly thinks he's a moron. 

I am pretty sure that the fuss at the time was more about the convoluted story he gave being deemed ok and breaking no rules when it was a clear piss take . All the Cabinet then lined up behind him and he is now shitting on them from a great height. 

The question really now should be why is he doing this in such a fuck off way. The only reason to totally undermine a PM and certain cabinet members this way is if you want a change in leadership and if he does you can guarantee it will be for personal reasons not because he gives a shit. Be interesting which ministers do and do not come out in support of Boris and Hancock in next few days. 

Cummings is basically a disgruntled ex employee being asked for his views on the people who sacked him. Have they got onto Dido Harding yet ? 

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

I am pretty sure that the fuss at the time was more about the convoluted story he gave being deemed ok and breaking no rules when it was a clear piss take . All the Cabinet then lined up behind him and he is now shitting on them from a great height. 

The question really now should be why is he doing this in such a fuck off way. The only reason to totally undermine a PM and certain cabinet members this way is if you want a change in leadership and if he does you can guarantee it will be for personal reasons not because he gives a shit. Be interesting which ministers do and do not come out in support of Boris and Hancock in next few days. 

Cummings is basically a disgruntled ex employee being asked for his views on the people who sacked him. Have they got onto Dido Harding yet ? 

Because he's been called into a select committee and asked to answer questions?

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Because he's been called into a select committee and asked to answer questions?

Which begs the question.......why is his evidence for all the world to see yet when others sit against a committee for 8 hours, there are more redactions than soft mick ?

Just now, miamiwhite said:

Which begs the question.......why is his evidence for all the world to see yet when others sit against a committee for 8 hours, there are more redactions than soft mick ?

Because if true, we the public, should know about these things. 

You can watch most select committee's if you so desire - but most of them a dull and no one cares. This is a high ranking member of the PM's inner circle divulging what when on with the biggest crisis since WW2. Its pretty newsworthy, whatever he was saying.

• Site Supporter

Seen about 5 minutes of it, at which point he was laying into Hancock. We already knew there was no love lost between then but I reckon a straightener is in order in Downing Street.

Clear officials weren't all pulling together initially, but will be interesting when Hancock comes to give his own evidence in a couple of weeks.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

BBC Parliament channel has them on most of the time

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seen about 5 minutes of it, at which point he was laying into Hancock. We already knew there was no love lost between then but I reckon a straightener is in order in Downing Street.

Clear officials weren't all pulling together initially, but will be interesting when Hancock comes to give his own evidence in a couple of weeks.

A straightener outside the Downing St rosette shop ?

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Because if true, we the public, should know about these things. 

You can watch most select committee's if you so desire - but most of them a dull and no one cares. This is a high ranking member of the PM's inner circle divulging what when on with the biggest crisis since WW2. Its pretty newsworthy, whatever he was saying.

yes, the one which quite interested me and a few others was the Salmond/Sturgeon one, but was sadly heavily censored and full of redactions.

Very surprised No.10 have let so much damaging and detailed information out on this one.

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

yes, the one which quite interested me and a few others was the Salmond/Sturgeon one, but was sadly heavily censored and full of redactions.

Very surprised No.10 have let so much damaging and detailed information out on this one.

This is much more interesting and important than some parochial skirmish over porridge.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

will be interesting when Hancock comes to give his own evidence in a couple of weeks.

probably go along the lines of