Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

I’m not getting how someone whose job it was to advise the Prime Minister then spills his guts claiming the PM got stuff wrong. Surely that’s all down to the advice he was given.

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I’m not getting how someone whose job it was to advise the Prime Minister then spills his guts claiming the PM got stuff wrong. Surely that’s all down to the advice he was given.

Think his whole point was the daft twat didn't take any advice.

35 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

The point isn't about political point scoring or who did what. It's about learning lessons so no matter who is in charge they make the right decisions. We weren't prepared for this and we should have been. The warnings were there that pandemics were a threat. Other countries had a rulebook. We didn't. Thank fuck we are rich and can afford to buy enough vaccines. And that we've got an excellent health service to deliver them.

The time for this inquiry isn't next year, it's now. We all need to learn from it.

I’m sorry, that’s nonsense.

The “opposition” have been calling for an enquiry for months, as you are now.

People are learning as we move through this matter, it makes sense to complete it, rather than serving as a distraction away from a successful conclusion.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Think his whole point was the daft twat didn't take any advice.

So he was paid to be ignored? Nice work if you can get paid for it. I had to get married and the wages are shit.

22 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Anyway, sounds like he was less of an advisor, more of a baby sitter.

Some if the analogies were very amusing.

26 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I’m sorry, that’s nonsense.

The “opposition” have been calling for an enquiry for months, as you are now.

People are learning as we move through this matter, it makes sense to complete it, rather than serving as a distraction away from a successful conclusion.

The point is if we don't have it now, things will get lost in time. There is a reason the gvt want to kick the can down the road and there isn't a 'conclusion' to this, it's something we will have to live with and get better at coping with it which will take a long time.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

@Spider what have I missed can you summarize for me pal rushed off my feet today 

Sorry mate been busy meself, so not seen anything.

I assume it’s all blown over by now though, no?

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Yep, all blown over like one of Spider's tantrums 😉 

They had their day in the sun yesterday and got a bit burnt and giddy.......bless em 🌞 

That's the beauty of this cabinet. They're a bit like naughty puppies that refuse to be trained and keep shitting in your shoes.

It shouldn't be allowed to carry on, but the funny hair, constant gaffes and inability to be taken seriously mean you just feel inclined to pat them on the head, throw them a squeaky toy and let them carry on shitting in your shoes and bumming each other with glassy-eyed confusion.

Bless 'em, one and all, guvnor.

Just now, Spider said:

That's the beauty of this cabinet. They're a bit like naughty puppies that refuse to be trained and keep shitting in your shoes.

It shouldn't be allowed to carry on, but the funny hair, constant gaffes and inability to be taken seriously mean you just feel inclined to pat them on the head, throw them a squeaky toy and let them carry on shitting in your shoes and bumming each other with glassy-eyed confusion.

Bless 'em, one and all, guvnor.

Same could be said re the opposition,  get a tramp in who hates the country and watch their popularity grow......good job the adults took over though 👏 😉 

• Site Supporter

Same could be said re the opposition,  get a tramp in who hates the country and watch their popularity grow......good job the adults took over though 👏 😉 

"It's the opposition's fault for being so shit"

It's a bit like school when you had a supply teacher. You knew you could get away with anything because this daft fucker was a short term fix with absolutely no clout whatsoever.

In essence, the current cabinet could come on telly tonight and say they make life or death decisions on the back of a fag packet, whilst arguing with their missus about a newspaper printing a picture of their dog from the wrong angle, and the voting public would still dutifully nod and put a cross in the blue box.

There's no other option you see, so I'll just vote for the lad with the funny hair and the union jacks on a zipwire. Funny him, no-one who's funny would fuck us over.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

"It's the opposition's fault for being so shit"

It's a bit like school when you had a supply teacher. You knew you could get away with anything because this daft fucker was a short term fix with absolutely no clout whatsoever.

In essence, the current cabinet could come on telly tonight and say they make life or death decisions on the back of a fag packet, whilst arguing with their missus about a newspaper printing a picture of their dog from the wrong angle, and the voting public would still dutifully nod and put a cross in the blue box.

There's no other option you see, so I'll just vote for the lad with the funny hair and the union jacks on a zipwire. Funny him, no-one who's funny would fuck us over.

Sadly you're right. A few on here have called for a new party to be formed to shake up the establishment but nothing is forthcoming.

I do notice a few people conspicuous by their absence today, they must have thought Boris was going to resign yesterday 😄 🤣 😂 

• Site Supporter

Sadly you're right. A few on here have called for a new party to be formed to shake up the establishment but nothing is forthcoming.

I do notice a few people conspicuous by their absence today, they must have thought Boris was going to resign yesterday 😄 🤣 😂 

We should form the WW party.

No one could say we're unbalanced.

I'm leader though, the British public seem to like voting for blonde dickheads.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

We should form the WW party.

No one could say we're unbalanced.

I'm leader though, the British public seem to like voting for dickheads.

EFA 😃 

A WW government would be a great group think, and scrapping like we see with some of the fiercer nations parliaments