Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dimron said:

Typhoon: Originally designed as an interceptor, fell short then developed into ground attack 

Tornado: designed as Multi Role Combat, couldn't turn and burn so became ground attack

We haven't produced a fighter for a long time. We really are the bomber nation.

The Trident was the Morris Marina of the skies

Absolute shite all round

The only 'absolute shite' here is the stuff you're posting. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

9 hours ago, Cheese said:

The only 'absolute shite' here is the stuff you're posting. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Good to have the old cheese back. 

cant believe ive just said that. I’m going soft 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Cheese said:

Must admit, I thought I'd read not too long ago that Typhoon had done particularly well in exercises with f35/22 not sure which, that are newer?

Whatever the case, our aircraft don't seem to have come off too badly when deployed in action all over the shop.

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Must admit, I thought I'd read not too long ago that Typhoon had done particularly well in exercises with f35/22 not sure which, that are newer?

Whatever the case, our aircraft don't seem to have come off too badly when deployed in action all over the shop.

I was referring to the WW2 Typhoon, Roly Beamont developed it into a ground attack as it wasn't much cop as a fighter. I don't know much about the current RAF Typhoon (believe it or not)

PS: Roly Beamont became the chief test pilot at BAC and flew the Canberra (a good aeroplane) and the TSR2 (shite), I used to have a part ownership share in what was his personal aeroplane... it was hand built by the apprentices at Warton in 1968.

10 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Emotions run a bit high on the football bit at times, this is just good old fashioned mockery.

On here people seem to have strong views in support of one side or another so you disagreements. On the football side you would think people would be aligned, but you get pricks saying we need to change when had taken 26 points from 10 games. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Ani said:

On here people seem to have strong views in support of one side or another so you disagreements. On the football side you would think people would be aligned, but you get pricks saying we need to change when had taken 26 points from 10 games. 

I think some are just WUMs from other clubs. 

2 hours ago, Ani said:

Yes, but if we had changed, then we would have got 30 points from 10 games and ended up as Champions 😉 😜 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Dimron said:

I was referring to the WW2 Typhoon, Roly Beamont developed it into a ground attack as it wasn't much cop as a fighter. I don't know much about the current RAF Typhoon (believe it or not)

PS: Roly Beamont became the chief test pilot at BAC and flew the Canberra (a good aeroplane) and the TSR2 (shite), I used to have a part ownership share in what was his personal aeroplane... it was hand built by the apprentices at Warton in 1968.

Fair enough. New one is awesome. 

Stood on the sand at Southport as one flew over. The vibration started a tiny amount of liquefaction and my shoes sunk in a few mm.

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The Guardian telling all who voted for Johnson are a cult 🤔

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/28/cult-britain-boris-johnson-prime-minister

Read that this morning, Marina is a sharp cookie.

I always thought of Trump as a cult and the current Tories have modelled themselves on his media savvy presentation... I recall Cummings was whinging last week about how the PM was obsessing about his coverage, although he and Campbell started it all

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/28/cult-britain-boris-johnson-prime-minister

Or thick as fuck😃 

Obviously that's tongue in cheek, but that recent Hartlepool by election they were interviewing a father and son. They were bemoaning the fact that the hospital no longer had an A&E so they said it was about time the Tories had a go. Fuckwits.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fair enough. New one is awesome. 

Stood on the sand at Southport as one flew over. The vibration started a tiny amount of liquefaction and my shoes sunk in a few mm.

We get them over here from RAF Conningsby, also US Hornets beating up the Royal Anglian Regiment at (local) RAF Cottesmore.

Noise rattles your fillings... bloody great fun

28 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Reading that makes me think is a 'cult' leader simply a charismatic leader you do not agree with ? 
I have never like Boris but people who dismiss as thick I think have it wrong. It will be interesting in the coming months of his time in charge if he follows the model of the vaccine and roll out . Appoint non political experts to do the job for you and take the credit. (That is not a criticism btw all the best leaders I have worked for have got great teams around them and let them get on with it.)