Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Now now. Just cos he’s not here doesn’t mean you aren’t open to a boom or two 😬. If you would like to point out where I have pinned my colours to the blue mast……. I shall wait. 

That's not the category I had in mind 😃

And ditto me and a red mast. 

16 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Nadine Dorries is a fucking cabinet minister, jesus!

Oh and for balance, Raynor makes my teeth itch, I much prefer Nandy or Philips.

Isn't that the one that took time out to appear on I'm a Celebrity? 

Expect she'll be fucking off to appear on Strictly or some other shite.

8 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

UK, US and Australia launch landmark security pact https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-58564837

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Great news. 

But but but France won the contract to build the oz subs. Triumphs spitfires etc 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 And Boris told a lie. Let me know if I missed anything 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Great news. 

Lots to take from it but this quote probably sums up the problem for the French and EU rules.

‘However, the construction of submarines has been hit with delays largely because of Canberra's requirement that many components be sourced locally’

Being free from EU red tape should help the U.K. in this instance. No idea how much it’s worth to us and no doubt the US will get the bulk of the trade but it looks like good news for the U.K. defence industry.

Not sure how it will pan out in the long term as far as relations with China are concerned though.

1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

Lots to take from it but this quote probably sums up the problem for the French and EU rules.

‘However, the construction of submarines has been hit with delays largely because of Canberra's requirement that many components be sourced locally’

Being free from EU red tape should help the U.K. in this instance. No idea how much it’s worth to us and no doubt the US will get the bulk of the trade but it looks like good news for the U.K. defence industry.

Not sure how it will pan out in the long term as far as relations with China are concerned though.

Exactly why we needed to free ourselves from EU rules.