Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Spider said:

Liz Truss is good choice. She’s the one getting all the trade deals that we needed to salvage, and she’s doing it very well so far.

Priti Patel definitely has Boris’s dna stored somewhere for a rainy day.

Gavin Williamson will be fondly remembered.

6 hours ago, Cheese said:

I have to say that always makes me chuckle.

I still can't believe Nadine Dorries is at DCMS, have you seen the books she writes, I think they are actively anti literature.

Chris Smith (first ever DCMS minister) is the Head of our board and its just furthering the war on culture, or rather any dissent from the creative sector. Its mind boggling we live in such times.

Anyway scurrilous rumor of the day. Old colleague of mine had lunch with a journalist from a leading tabloid, who said the reason Gove is getting a divorce is because he's shagging Priti Patel.

Even the thought of it makes you feel sick.

I appreciate that in posting this there will be a few remainers who aren't open minded enough to listen to a speech by Liz Truss because she's a Tory. Others will dismiss anything a leaver says.

However this is an articulation of our post-Brexit future of a far, far greater quality than I could ever give. An explanation of how we are on a journey to being an exporting nation based on our existing and developing strengths, aiming at those speedily growing economies in Asia - a trend that is leading to the whole centre to the world's trading gravity shifting east. As these economies expand there are burgeoning middle-classes there with cash to spend and whole new markets for us. We have digital expertise par excellence in this nation and doors are open to us should we choose to walk through them.

Staying in the EU under these circumstances no longer made huge sense. Please, please watch. It's what I think - but said a million times better.

You want visionary ? This is visionary.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

I appreciate that in posting this there will be a few remainers who aren't open minded enough to listen to a speech by Liz Truss because she's a Tory. Others will dismiss anything a leaver says.

However this is an articulation of our post-Brexit future of a far, far greater quality than I could ever give. An explanation of how we are on a journey to being an exporting nation based on our existing and developing strengths, aiming at those speedily growing economies in Asia - a trend that is leading to the whole centre to the world's trading gravity shifting east. As these economies expand there are burgeoning middle-classes there with cash to spend and whole new markets for us. We have digital expertise par excellence in this nation and doors are open to us should we choose to walk through them.

Staying in the EU under these circumstances no longer made huge sense. Please, please watch. It's what I think - but said a million times better.

You want visionary ? This is visionary.

Pity she's been moved. Doing well there. 

Remainer or not, funny what can happen when folk accept a vote and get on with the job of making the future better. 

But no, slag her off for working and trying to get on.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Pity she's been moved. Doing well there. 

Remainer or not, funny what can happen when folk accept a vote and get on with the job of making the future better. 

But no, slag her off for working and trying to get on.

It's real vision based on the common sense of how the world has changed since we joined the EEC (a rapidly accelerating change in recent years) with its economic epicentre being in Asia. It makes no sense to be in the EU and it makes no sense for Europe to be so protectionist. 

I hope some of the remainers on here will watch the speech. I do not hold out much hope - but there we go.

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You are just being dismissive, you've already made your mind up, which is fine, but it's the bitter type Lord Adonis, Campbellesque responses.

Superb from Truss imo, and nice one to PH for putting it up.

She puts it a million times better than I ever could. Let's hope this vision doesn't fall on stony ground with the remainers on here. I fear we know the answer already however.

55 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Give the video a watch and open your mind a bit.

I did, and truss me, it's wasn't that enlightening - just a load of well worn stats about changing demographics in certain markets that have been around for a while.

Not enough to bunk off your biggest and closest trading partner, its all a bit clutching at straws rather than some amazing vision of the future.

I'm not sure I'm the one who needs to open my mind a bit more, to be fair Paul mate.

43 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

French folk losing their jobs because of EU rules, when are the EU going to accept equivalence on products?  They really are utter barm pots. 

It’s a British company though who ultimately loses out. As lots of smaller UK companies are discovering the deal we signed was shit. #taking back control