Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

18 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I've been away for a few days so not kept up to speed with developments, where did you read that the EU would acquiesce on the backstop Mounts? 

It was on tv this morning either Bloomberg or bbc news, not sure what they plan to offer but apparently juncker in phone call last night asked May to get approval through parliament and they would look to make some type of concession. Don’t think an unspecified concession will wash with parliament though. 

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Cooper screeching now. Slagging everything off, mentioning democracy and concensus.

Fuck right off.

Stop hiding behind procedure and get it done. Or resign and stand on a remain platform.

Desperation from remainers, the EU flag is slipping slowly from their hands. :) 

Freedom is nigh, it’s never tasted so good. 

I can almost smell my blue leather bound UK passport. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Desperation from remainers, the EU flag is slipping slowly from their hands. :) 

Freedom is nigh, it’s never tasted so good. 

I can almost smell my blue leather bound UK passport. 

Mark Francis on the BBC this morning. If TM genuinely can't get anything else, then he and the rest won't vote for it (that's what he said!).

Given the subsequent votes, I cannot see a no deal brexit at all, and the erg potentially won't get anything.

None of us ultimately know what she will get from them, but I can only see the hoc continuing the confusion and providing more uncertainty. 

Come on ma'am crack some fucking heads.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Mark Francis on the BBC this morning. If TM genuinely can't get anything else, then he and the rest won't vote for it (that's what he said!).

Given the subsequent votes, I cannot see a no deal brexit at all, and the erg potentially won't get anything.

None of us ultimately know what she will get from them, but I can only see the hoc continuing the confusion and providing more uncertainty. 

Come on ma'am crack some fucking heads.

The only head that wants cracking is hers....and hard.....

One thing Parliament has managed to do is unite leavers and remainers in believing that they're not fit for purpose. Bunch of arseholes.

With regards to the backstop, isn't this something that we said we wanted......and now we want to make changes to it? - surely that makes us look like a set of dicks who don't know what we're doing or what we want. 

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

One thing Parliament has managed to do is unite leavers and remainers in believing that they're not fit for purpose. Bunch of arseholes.

With regards to the backstop, isn't this something that we said we wanted......and now we want to make changes to it? - surely that makes us look like a set of dicks who don't know what we're doing or what we want. 

Indeed. We're absolutely ridiculous. The EU gave us exactly what we wanted (unwillingly but they did) and now we're blaming them for the fact we got what we asked for. It is that simple. 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Indeed. We're absolutely ridiculous. The EU gave us exactly what we wanted (unwillingly but they did) and now we're blaming them for the fact we got what we asked for. It is that simple. 

We might of asked for a backstop but as usual the EU inserted something that was always going to be unacceptable and TM stupidly agreed, but what do you expect from someone who does not want to leave. Parliament was right to vote it down, the EU need to get real. 

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We might of asked for a backstop but as usual the EU inserted something that was always going to be unacceptable and TM stupidly agreed, but what do you expect from someone who does not want to leave. Parliament was right to vote it down, the EU need to get real. 

What did the EU insert? 

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We might of asked for a backstop but as usual the EU inserted something that was always going to be unacceptable and TM stupidly agreed

So then "we" agreed to it...........and now we want to change out minds, hence it being realistic that we look a bit daft

6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

What did the EU insert? 

I didn't think they had inserted anything, I was just assuming that Mounts knows, as he knows what "tweaks" are required for it to all of a sudden become acceptable

Edited by Sweep

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

To my fellow brexiteers;

if you were an MP, which way would you vote?

Deal.

See how it goes for a while, get some trade deals done etc..

Seeing as the EU have just managed a new deal with Japan, perhaps things could be revisited at some later date, if it was in the interests of both parties.

Fwiw, I reckon parliament has got TM over a barrel, I don't think, when push comes to shove, that she'd go for no deal, and she'll not get the backing for it either.

In that regard, taking a compromise is better than interminable delay, more bickering, stagnation and unrest that may result in more negotiations, a general election, or another referendum.

Just now, Sweep said:

I didn't think they had inserted anything, I was just assuming that Mounts knows, as he seems to know what was inserted, as he knows what "tweaks" are required for it to all of a sudden become acceptable

The EU offered us a backstop with NI separated via regulatory alignment with Ireland. We said no - and counter-offered all the UK staying in the CU as an alternative. Reluctantly the EU said yes (even though effectively they would be giving us that access for free) - and now we don't want our own solution. The EU did not insert anything...to my knowledge...a backstop by its very nature is permanent until other courses of action can be taken.....

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I didn't think they had inserted anything, I was just assuming that Mounts knows, as he knows what "tweaks" are required for it to all of a sudden become acceptable

Just put in a time limited or escape clause. Why does the EU have an issue with that?  they say they don't want to use the backstop anyhow.... or so they say. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

May and her negotiating team look daft, negotiating a deal that they knew would not pass parliament.   

I think she believed it would get through. She undermined two ministers and ignored the advice of some of the more extreme leavers. For me she thought she'd win over remainers with that.

A big mistake, whether it was from naivety, a Machiavellian streak or whatever, I really think she thought it would be a winner.

The backstop issue and the lack of trust of some in the EU fucked one side and the screechers will do anything to bring it down. Fallen between two stools.

Now the EU can see the predicament and are rubbing their hands.

53 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Deal.

See how it goes for a while, get some trade deals done etc..

Seeing as the EU have just managed a new deal with Japan, perhaps things could be revisited at some later date, if it was in the interests of both parties.

Fwiw, I reckon parliament has got TM over a barrel, I don't think, when push comes to shove, that she'd go for no deal, and she'll not get the backing for it either.

In that regard, taking a compromise is better than interminable delay, more bickering, stagnation and unrest that may result in more negotiations, a general election, or another referendum.

I’d turn it down and hope for a WTO deal.

Time is very limited, so it might happen. If not, it might happen at the end of any pathetic delay.