Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
3 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Ironically, my final tactic would be to threaten to remain. And remind them we have a veto. And that we would use it Every single opportunity we get.

Let them kick us out.

Very smart. I do like a bit of lateral thinking. Do that for long enough and the federalists might actually pay us to leave!

Vote Ziggy.

• Members
2 hours ago, leigh white said:

To the Tory Party, thank's for having the most useless set of cunt's to run our country in my lifetime, and you can't put the blame on Labour for this mess this time.

:rofl: ....and they'll still piss a GE thanks to the even bigger useless set of cunts on the opposing benches.

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

This with bells on. I look forward to the electorates chance for a night of the long knives and would be delighted if Soubry and Grieve were the first to fall before all of those northern Leave constituency Labour MP's who have conspired to thwart the will of the people get theirs.

Grieve is among those who are unlikely ever to stand for election as a Conservative ever again. The Yeomen of the Conservative Associations up and down the country are already moving to deselect their ilk. I have lost faith in British democracy and our parliament, but I retain faith that grassroots Conservative party members will deal with these despicable wretches. If the remainers want to play the long game, it can be played and it can be conclusively won. The remoaning elite and their EU overlords want a return to what they saw as the status quo pre June 23. The fact that they've still not understood that this is never going to happen tells you all you need to know about the sheer arrogance.

• Members
25 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Grieve is among those who are unlikely ever to stand for election as a Conservative ever again. The Yeomen of the Conservative Associations up and down the country are already moving to deselect their ilk. I have lost faith in British democracy and our parliament, but I retain faith that grassroots Conservative party members will deal with these despicable wretches. If the remainers want to play the long game, it can be played and it can be conclusively won. The remoaning elite and their EU overlords want a return to what they saw as the status quo pre June 23. The fact that they've still not understood that this is never going to happen tells you all you need to know about the sheer arrogance.

Very well put, sir and nice to have you back. There seems to have been a dearth of common sense around these parts in recent times (as evidenced by Mr. Gloatius Maximus) so your return to the fray is long overdue.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Gloatius is just on a wum excercise. A modicum of study into his conspiracy theory disproves it.

Looking further, fragmentation of mainstream parties, ukip doing a phoenix, all possible and many a coalition government to come?

None of us know but your ideas seem pretty sound to me.

If Farage comes back to UKIP, they could well rise again.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Escobarp said:

2 options are Mays deal is passed or absolute anarchy if we revoke A50. I dont particularly fancy either 

I often get the impression that Corbyn would relish a bit of rioting on the streets so he could sneer accross the house and blame the Tory party for everything.

8 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I often get the impression that Corbyn would relish a bit of rioting on the streets so he could sneer accross the house and blame the Tory party for everything.

I think you’re correct, he’d no doubt support and herald those rioters imprisoned for wrong doing as class warriors. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Gloatius is just on a wum excercise. A modicum of study into his conspiracy theory disproves it.

Looking further, fragmentation of mainstream parties, ukip doing a phoenix, all possible and many a coalition government to come?

It’d be nice to get a reasonable solution over the next 15 days and then revert to keeping the commie tanks off our (waterlogged) lawns

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

It’d be nice to get a reasonable solution over the next 15 days and then revert to keeping the commie tanks off our (waterlogged) lawns

Bang on.

Momentum has gathered, well, too much momentum over recent times. Corbyn and his backers need crushing very quickly; they're looking to create and capitalise on chaos.

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

The remoaning elite and their EU overlords want a return to what they saw as the status quo pre June 23. The fact that they've still not understood that this is never going to happen tells you all you need to know about the sheer arrogance.

The deal pretty much is a return to the status quo though isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

I'll show my bottom again if there aren't riots before the end of July.

Who will be rioting?

Edited by boltondiver

• Moderators
9 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

We are not.

Our politicians however.

In the same way we laugh at Trump, but not at Americans.

True, though there's also the fact we voted them in because it's the best we could manage

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Who will be rioting?

Summer

Lager

No Football tournament

Either the hardcore remainers or the hardcore brexiteers will lose out in one way or another. It's inevitable.

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Summer

Lager

No Football tournament

Either the hardcore remainers or the hardcore brexiteers will lose out in one way or another. It's inevitable.

Can’t see the radical over 50s taking to the streets in numbers.

Sending more and more letters and emails to the Daily Express and their MPs, possibly.

Drinking more, certainly 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

Summer

Lager

No Football tournament

Aye, we had full scale riotting when a drug dealer got shot, there'll be plenty folk chomping at the bit if we don't do go ahead with this

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can they please wear different coloured high vis tops so we can identify who's who and know who to cheer on.

Remainers to wear red?

It’ll hide the blood!

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Bang on.

Momentum has gathered, well, too much momentum over recent times. Corbyn and his backers need crushing very quickly; they're looking to create and capitalise on chaos.

There’s only one party that’s caused chaos and it ain’t Labour, LibDem, SNP or the Monster fucking Raving fucking Loonies  

Dave brings it on because he’s shit scared of that odious twat Farage and then fucks off like a spoilt fucking kid. The utter bottleless, chinless wanker 

Theresa steps into the breach, because the other alternatives were a collection of fucking nobodies, halfwits and goggle eyed fuckwits (yeah Gove, I’m looking at you, you twat), right royally fucks up a general election that she should have pissed and then spends the next 2 years doing the grand sum of precisely fuck all. 

It’s a total shitstorm and has Conservative fingerprints all over the fucker from start to maybe never fucking ending finish. 

As Mr Dyer might well have put it - TWATS!!

20 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

There’s only one party that’s caused chaos and it ain’t Labour, LibDem, SNP or the Monster fucking Raving fucking Loonies  

Dave brings it on because he’s shit scared of that odious twat Farage and then fucks off like a spoilt fucking kid. The utter bottleless, chinless wanker 

Theresa steps into the breach, because the other alternatives were a collection of fucking nobodies, halfwits and goggle eyed fuckwits (yeah Gove, I’m looking at you, you twat), right royally fucks up a general election that she should have pissed and then spends the next 2 years doing the grand sum of precisely fuck all. 

It’s a total shitstorm and has Conservative fingerprints all over the fucker from start to maybe never fucking ending finish. 

Get off the fence, Mick!

26 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Nothing to argue with here. Its completely on point.

However, a stronger opposition would have forced the government to behave differently. The Labour leadership has meant May is still PM and still being utterly useless. 

31 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I agree but would add that the GE was not necessary. It was not wanted by any party and was a waste of time and money. It also weakened her position costing another 2 billion to the DUP for their votes.