Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

MPs to blame on all parties.

Concensus should have been sought at the start and party politics since. This on a cross party issue.

Been better to have a house of commons mass straightener.

Soubry a screeching cheerleader would have given remain a head start.

In that context, who are the hardest MPs?

A couple of the SNP lot look like they're capable of handling themselves on a Friday night in Glasgow.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

MPs to blame on all t.

A couple of the SNP lot look like they're capable of handling themselves on a Friday night in Glasgow.

Would you ever mix it with anyone from Northern Ireland?

Kneecapped if you are lucky

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

MPs to blame on all parties.

Concensus should have been sought at the start and party politics since. This on a cross party issue.

Been better to have a house of commons mass straightener.

Soubry a screeching cheerleader would have given remain a head start.

That SNP chap with the pony tail looks a bit useful

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Talking on the radio that there's no majority for it. Nor is there for revoking article 50.

Guess we'll see.

Labour aren't supporting it so there is no majority...if they were.....could be close. 

• Site Supporter

Bill cash again spoken, this time about risks in transition period.

Suggesting European scrutiny committee be given the right to recommend a veto to the government to prevent imposition of EU laws without redress during the period.

Putting the detail aside, perhaps this represents a means by which a 'deal' could be modified to make it more presentable to the erg.

Really difficult to follow, though interesting nonetheless.

• Site Supporter

SNP hugely grandstanding (electioneering) and falling out massively with labour.

I heard it said the SNP would love a no deal as this would boost their chances of another independence referendum.

I'm, beginning to think this might have a little merit. Absolute shithouses. Fuck off.

25 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

And Corbyn not supporting the 2nd vote

words fail me

except one!

Labour have the Kyle Wilson amendment up their sleeve for when/if a deal is ever passed. That is when they will try for the 2nd vote.
Even the people's vote campaign have said they don't support the amendment today. It is the wrong time for it given the debate is about the extension of A50.

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Mounts- I'm beginning to think that no provincial parties should be allowed in the UK parliament, if they're not prepared to accept the union as a whole comes before that of their part.

After all there is no English representation specifically.

We should put that into law, accept and support the union, sign that pledge or no seat in the Houses of Parliament. 

6 hours ago, Spider said:

I'll show my bottom if there aren't riots before the end of July.

Riots in July

A few skirmishes in August

Strongly worded emails/letters to the DM in September

Loads of tutting in October

Forgotten by November

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agree a deal all round, then put it to the people?

Quality.

I think it means that when a deal is put up again that Labour thinks might have some chance of passing they amend the motion to say that they will support said deal on condition it is ratified via a referendum. 

It might be one of the ways May can get her deal through.....might be the only way...or not....

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

It might be one of the ways May can get her deal through.....might be the only way...or not....

Surely her deal can never get through now, can it? - it's not a very good deal, both sides of the debate seem pretty adamant on that

So let me get this right. We have voted to leave. 

We the agree a deal in parliament to leave but labour propose that the deal that we have agreed is the ratified by a referendum which will have the choice of accept the deal As proposed or? Remain?

Just now, Sweep said:

Surely her deal can never get through now, can it? - it's not a very good deal, both sides of the debate seem pretty adamant on that

I think it has a real chance still. She's bringing it back next week.
The AG will re-word the legal advice under pressure from May. 

The DUP are being worked on.

ERG will be pressured via the threat of a "long delay" if they don't back it. Not sure this is that effective but some ERG MPs are already backing it and some say if the DUP do, then they will. The hardliners probably won't be moved and with the few hardline Tory remainers it looks like she'll need a fair few backbench Labour MPs to defy their own party whip.

That will be tactic 1. 

If that fails I wonder if she might then be open to offering her resignation if the deal is approved. 

That could be tactic 2.

If that fails I wonder if she might offer a ratification referendum if her deal gets through as per the Kyle/Wilson amendment.

That could be tactic 3.

I think she will persist and has those 3 basic options to force it through. Which one she picks might be crucial and I suspect she'll go with 1 but before the vote she'll already know whether that has a chance. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

We the agree a deal in parliament to leave but labour propose that the deal that we have agreed is the ratified by a referendum which will have the choice of accept the deal As proposed or? Remain?

That was my take on it. The shit that has gone on before is madness, but that would be truly incomprehensible.

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It would be a condition of Labour voting to help get a deal through - on basis it went back to a ratification referendum with other options ie. remain vs agreed deal. 

Now Chope an ERG bloke has threatened that he will vote against May in another Parliamentary vote of no confidence. This is just getting messier by the minute.