Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carrs Pasties

Ani

Carrs pasties used to be lovely, dark brown sloppy spicy filling, then they seemed to faff about with the recipe a few years ago & they are shite now imo.

Beige bland firm tasteless filling

I noticed that, they used to have a little bit of a spicy kick to them (pepper I think) these days they're a bit bland. Still OK, but need some brown sauce or something

I noticed that, they used to have a little bit of a spicy kick to them (pepper I think) these days they're a bit bland. Still OK, but need some brown sauce or something

Found I've been using more brown sauce these days. Definitely less peppery. Still love the whole range they do though.

Never had a pie from there. What are they like??

• Site Supporter

the pies they do in Barnstormers are miles better than Carrs, trouble is, they always sell out quick when there's a big away following. Too much pastry in the corners of Carrs and definitely not as tasty as they were. Wouldn't pay £2.50 for one

Hunters the Bakers > Carrs > Ye Olde Pastie Shop (the latter of which is the driest Pastie known to mankind and should only be used in place of sandbags in times of flooding).

That said - as has been mentioned above - the king of all pasties is the steak one Carr's do.