Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Football Bigamy

Underpants

Being dragged up in East Lancs it was common for folk to have a Scottish team , doesnt mean you went and watched them tho. 
Me Dad picked Berwick Rangers cos they are in England I picked Elgin cos I think they were the most Northern team and as a kid , North = Better , but I admit I fancy going to a game up there for the whiskey piss up after.

Im with Miami and MancWanderer in that Ill look out for Spurs but as for who I support its t'wanderers, England then GB its a knockout team.

Remember a conversation with the lads about who you would go and watch if your club ever did a Maidstone .Cant really fathom it but Id either give up totally or pick a non league team like Clitheroe or Padiham.
Live Biggish Dave says , Im not really a football fan , If its not Bolton or England it pretty much bores me.

Being dragged up in East Lancs it was common for folk to have a Scottish team , doesnt mean you went and watched them tho.

Me Dad picked Berwick Rangers cos they are in England I picked Elgin cos I think they were the most Northern team and as a kid , North = Better , but I admit I fancy going to a game up there for the whiskey piss up after.

Im with Miami and MancWanderer in that Ill look out for Spurs but as for who I support its t'wanderers, England then GB its a knockout team.

Remember a conversation with the lads about who you would go and watch if your club ever did a Maidstone .Cant really fathom it but Id either give up totally or pick a non league team like Clitheroe or Padiham.

Live Biggish Dave says , Im not really a football fan , If its not Bolton or England it pretty much bores me.

I'm glad you are still alive. Do you still go to wanderers games?

Difference between a soft spot and full on support.

I go watching both rangers and hibs for different reasons up here but when they score it's a "force yourself to stand up and clap" sort of celebration rather than a full on celebration when bolton score. Be that at the match or watching it in a pub or at home.

Impossible I think to properly support two teams. You have one Club

Occasionally watch Reading aren't I really. Can't be fucked to cekerbrate. The days out on the lash are just as good as Bolton but I generally avoid going to the game as I did last Saturday at QPR

I'm following Toronto FC as it's my local team. It replaces something I love, but can never compare to the attachment I have to BWFC. I get to 3 or 4 games a season but the match day experience is very expensive (£9 per pint)

I have become gradually attached to TFC over the years. Sebastian Giovinco is a wonderful player by the way. I was at the MLS Cup final in December (-15) where TFC lost at home to Seattle on penalties. I thought the Leeds game in 1997 was cold.

I was at the pre season friendly here under Coyle so I have experienced my first team playing my second team. I couldn't give a shite about TFC during that game and celebrated vociferously in the home end when Jussi saved a penalty to win is some random trophy ????

I'm following Toronto FC as it's my local team. It replaces something I love, but can never compare to the attachment I have to BWFC. I get to 3 or 4 games a season but the match day experience is very expensive (£9 per pint)

I have become gradually attached to TFC over the years. Sebastian Giovinco is a wonderful player by the way. I was at the MLS Cup final in December (-15) where TFC lost at home to Seattle on penalties. I thought the Leeds game in 1997 was cold.

I was at the pre season friendly here under Coyle so I have experienced my first team playing my second team. I couldn't give a shite about TFC during that game and celebrated vociferously in the home end when Jussi saved a penalty to win is some random trophy ????

How's it going J? No problem with TFC but don't lose your accent, be terrible to hear "offense" being used to describe our forward line in the ESL!

• 5 weeks later...

This half and half hating has been taken over by modern football fans who think if you hate them it gives them credibility. Got half and half scarves all round Europe watching Bolton.

As did I as it was a novelty. 

Liverpool v Stoke probably have half and half scarves at Anfield though. That's not a game to be keeping in the memory for year whoever you are.

This half and half hating has been taken over by modern football fans who think if you hate them it gives them credibility. Got half and half scarves all round Europe watching Bolton.

That's because you aren't cool.

You need to add hating anything that adds a bit of atmosphere too.

Fucking try hards trying to align themselves to days that are gone and that had nothing to do or impact them in anyway

Must admit I've got one with Bolton and Plovdiv on as a memento of our first ever Euro game. Plus I was tempted back at the pub car park to buy one of  the  Eastleigh Bolton ones on offer down at their place. Just as a memento again.

That's because you aren't cool.

You need to add hating anything that adds a bit of atmosphere too.

Fucking try hards trying to align themselves to days that are gone and that had nothing to do or impact them in anyway

You Still moaning because no one wants American football atmosphere except you? ????

• Moderators

No one on here would be seen dead with one with two footy teams from this country

But fair enough for the day trippers

Ive got lazio and Bordeaux tops from games I just turned up to watch, nowt wrong with a souvenir

I wouldn't be surprised if most posters on the NFL thread went to a game in the states they'd do something or other hardcore NFL fans, or maybe non NFL fans, would sneer at

Edited by ZicoKelly