Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

M60 Motorway Closures

Smiley

It was an absolute fucking joke tonight.

From the m56 to Bolton took 2 fucking hours.

That's an average speed of 15mph entirely on motorways.

Fuck off. Just fuck the fucking fuck off.

Accident near 2 / 3 on the northbound 61 shut 2 lanes.

This backed up the M60

It was an absolute fucking joke tonight.

From the m56 to Bolton took 2 fucking hours.

That's an average speed of 15mph entirely on motorways.

Fuck off. Just fuck the fucking fuck off.

I'd have expected your car's sat nav to have rerouted you! 

I'd have expected your car's sat nav to have rerouted you!

I was coming north up the M6 heading to Preston. Sat NAV re routed me towards the M60 as the M6 was fucked near Wigan then told me to turn around as the M60 got worse. Rejoined the M6 North then got told to get off south of Wigan and go through Wigan town centre

Nightmare

Just heard the traffic report on heart fm.

It would've bee quicker to read out which road are actually open and running well.

M6 was shut, now one lane open. M60 fucked, M61 fucked, A666 fucked, M55 packed with loomy folk.

Happy Friday

Just heard the traffic report on heart fm.

It would've bee quicker to read out which road are actually open and running well.

M6 was shut, now one lane open. M60 fucked, M61 fucked, A666 fucked, M55 packed with loomy folk.

Happy Friday

Set off for warrington at 8am, heard the traffic report for the N6 southbound and decided to turn around and as I was feeling tired fucked off back to bed. Great decision. ???? Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

Yesterday was as bad as I think I’ve ever seen it.

There’s actually nonpint blaming the highways people, truth is if every cunt that owns a car decides to hit the roads at the same time it wouldn’t make a difference if every motorway had 28751 lanes, because eventually some cunt in wagon will fuck it all up.

Exactly

The problem isn’t capacity, over 24 hours our transport system is under utilised really. It’s just everyone wants to use it at during the same small window of time, that’s the issue causing bottle necks

If everyone who could potentially work from home a day or two a week did do then it would help out massively. It needs government policy to incentivise more employers to do this

If you could then incentivise the HGV’s to move as much as possible at night rather than peak times that would help as well

No point building 10 lane motorways and having train carriages 15 long if they are redundant for 18 hours a day, the cost is just too high

Of course your still going to have unforeseen accidents causing issues but the impact wouldn’t be so bad if the flow of traffic was smoothed out over the day / night

Yesterday was as bad as I think I’ve ever seen it.

There’s actually nonpint blaming the highways people, truth is if every cunt that owns a car decides to hit the roads at the same time it wouldn’t make a difference if every motorway had 28751 lanes, because eventually some cunt in wagon will fuck it all up.

Of course, but if capacity is taken out (the Crescent, East Lancs), there is nowhere else to go. TfGM have created congestion.

If you could then incentivise the HGV’s to move as much as possible at night rather than peak times that would help as well

In an ideal world that is the perfect solution, however, the Mrs works works for a large logistics company and the problem has become the consumer

You buy something online and choose next day delivery or delivery on a certain day and in this modern age you "expect" that to happen

This means that logistics companies are shipping products from suppliers to transport hubs, on to regional delivery hubs, and then out to your house via white van man and because of your expectations they clog up the road during the day when ideally they would do it at night if you accepted that your purchase will arrive in a few days time

I'm using "you" very generically here birch - I'm not blaming you personally for clogging up the roads  :)