Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

M60 Motorway Closures

Smiley

Them lot do - travelled a lot up to Newcastle and Middlesboro on business and also had 3 years of youngest at Newcastle Uni

2-lane A1(M) changing gradually into 3-lane motorway has made a massive difference - the old A1(M) was a disaster and that extra lane is a revelation

Get it on A1(M) recently, A19 never an issue and that covers teeside, Sunderland and the tunnel and then upwards to Blythe.

For many the north east is Newcastle . Nothing could be further from the truth.

Edited by captainmed

Which way did you go?

I thought I'd cracked it getting off early and going as far West as Wales

Chester was a mess though and I crawled all the way to Liverpool only to find Everton on at home when I got through the tunnel

Close to 6 and a half hours for me

Went up to Stretton island from Northwich (1hr) and down the M56 to Altrincham and then crawled through Sale (1hr) and finally round the M60 (30m).

Get it on A1(M) recently, A19 never an issue and that covers teeside, Sunderland and the tunnel and then upwards to Blythe.

Especially if you live in Finland.

Get it on A1(M) recently, A19 never an issue and that covers teeside, Sunderland and the tunnel and then upwards to Blythe.from N

A19 always fine but the A1(M) stretch from North of Wetherby always used to screw up any trip even if it was across to Teesside - getting to the A19 itself could be a nightmare

Yeah - Newcastle is the south of the North East - again, the improvements they were making past the Metro Centre have hopefully eased that bottleneck - they were just finishing last time I was up there so no idea if it worked

Our factory is up at Eaglescliffe

Been up a few times recently but I still can't get my head round what's going on at scotch corner. Trying to work out the temporary road works is like trying to crack the enigma code

3 times running if I've come out of that junction heading the wrong way

Our factory is up at Eaglescliffe

Been up a few times recently but I still can't get my head round what's going on at scotch corner. Trying to work out the temporary road works is like trying to crack the enigma code

3 times running if I've come out of that junction heading the wrong way

I went up to Sunderland last month up m6 via Bishop Auckland and the back roads rather than going by scotch corner.

Coming back tried to come off at scotch corner and it was a fucking nightmare, the cones to come off at the junction are about 2 miles before the junction and about 2m wide with no signs. The cunts!

I went up to Sunderland last month up m6 via Bishop Auckland and the back roads rather than going by scotch corner.

Coming back tried to come off at scotch corner and it was a fucking nightmare, the cones to come off at the junction are about 2 miles before the junction and about 2m wide with no signs. The cunts!

It's a joke

Once you've gone wrong you can't get off turn round for ages either

• Site Supporter

I was coming back from Bristol on Thursday came of m6 at stoke then up the A34 which was alright until Cheadle. Took 5 hours,

When in the office the journey home form Sandycroft is horrific I vary the times I leave but standard is 1hr and a half for a 50 min journey which doesn't sound bad but it is!!

I've spent over 31 years in sales so have always been on the road for a job. Never worked in an office so never had to do the daily grind of a commute to the same place every day. Wouldn't have it any other way despite how bad the roads and people's driving has become

When I do have to spend a day or two at Head Office I'd rather chew my own arm off than spend any more time there. Listening to whines about the air-con temperature, who's eaten Brian's sandwiches and who's parked in Margaret's parking space where she always parks does my fucking nut in

When I do have to spend a day or two at Head Office I'd rather chew my own arm off than spend any more time there. Listening to whines about the air-con temperature, who's eaten Brian's sandwiches and who's parked in Margaret again after a coke fuelled night out

Edited by Escobarp

I've spent over 31 years in sales so have always been on the road for a job. Never worked in an office so never had to do the daily grind of a commute to the same place every day. Wouldn't have it any other way despite how bad the roads and people's driving has become

When I do have to spend a day or two at Head Office I'd rather chew my own arm off than spend any more time there. Listening to whines about the air-con temperature, who's eaten Brian's sandwiches and who's parked in Margaret's parking space where she always parks does my fucking nut in

How big are Margaret's chebs?

and who's parked in Margaret again after a coke fuelled night out

Margaret wouldn't entertain a night out with the oiks who don't work in the office. How they can work, or in fact live, withoiuf a well-ordered desk and pictures of their cats staring at them all day is beyond her

What was on the sandwiches