Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading Too Much Into This?

jagermoot

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15466045.Derik_desperate_to_prove_he__39_s_the_Real_deal/

Is it me or does this sound like a player who couldn't give a fuck and didn't give his all for the team last year because it was too hard?!

I thought I liked Delboy, but now I think he's got a bad attitude and when the going gets tough, he just doesn't want to know.

Is it me or does this sound like a player who couldn't give a fuck and didn't give his all for the team last year because it was too hard?!

I'm not sure what article you have been reading, but it can't be the one that you posted a link to

Nothing in that article imo. The only issue I have with Derek is what's his best position? Not strong enough for CB and no good as a full back, can do a job in DM, but still not convinced, he'll be gone next summer for free. I suppose that should save us about 10k a week if his reported wages are accurate.

• Moderators

Derik's problem is that he's not our best player in any position but is a decent back up in 2 or 3 positions.

He has got a good pass on him but would need injuries and suspensions to kick in if he gets a run in the team and even then he's not likely to get settled in one position

No he wouldn't be a good footballer coming from Real Madrid would he.

Coming from Real Madrid means nothing, just like Amos coming from Man Utd didn't make him a good goalkeeper. 

Derik is neither one thing nor another. He's not good enough at being a footballer to play midfield and not solid enough to play in defence regularly. I don't get the fuss about him myself. Everytime I've seen him play he's been bang average at best. He's no better than that Tom Thorpe we had last year. He was from Man Utd you know.