Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheap Last Minute Holiday

Zico

Now got a week off next week

Am I being ambitious thinking can get away for 7 nights for less than £500 each?

Wheres best place to look?

Turkey, deffo

And decent quality AI

• Site Supporter

If you're on facemither, search for find me a holiday or website is www.findmeaholiday.wixsite.com/findmeaholiday

This is my mates site. I've not used it yet, he's not had it up and running too many months but I know a few people who have used it. All holidays ATOL protected too. He simply searches for last minute deals

• Site Supporter

Wife's a teacher so we are stuck with the school holidays, In Ibiza at minute I can't look at What god would've cost a couple of weeks later or before the schools broke up,

The best bargain I got was one October I flew from Manchester to Edinburgh did a night at the Hilton at the airport then next morning flew to Tenerife for a week then back to Manchester, saved 550 quid because Scotlands half term was different.

Wife's a teacher so we are stuck with the school holidays, In Ibiza at minute I can't look at What god would've cost a couple of weeks later or before the schools broke up,

The best bargain I got was one October I flew from Manchester to Edinburgh did a night at the Hilton at the airport then next morning flew to Tenerife for a week then back to Manchester, saved 550 quid because Scotlands half term was different.

Girl at work has just done the same going to Greece.

Think about 7 went but the saving vs Manchester on the same holiday was £1400

• Site Supporter

Como isn't a big place so not loads to do but we went on the lake up to Bellagio which is worth seeing. There's also a funicular just outside the centre, not much up at the top other than cracking views but there is a small village 10 min walk away where you can get a beer or 2 with the locals.

Jumped on a bus one day to Lecco which isn't a bad town to see if your stuck for something to do - about 50 mins away. There's always Milan for a day trip too

Last time we went to Majorca I think we paid about £1700 for a family of 4 all inclusive during term time. Same holiday was over £3k in summer holidays.

It's outrageous.

You're correct it's ridiculous.

Always kept mine off school. The school may threaten you with a fine, but we ignored them.

Eldest got 3 A* at A-level.

Youngest will get similar.

Does the kids no harm and travel broadens the mind and helps theim evolve.

Edited by captainmed