Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

It's Started..........

bolty58

• Members

Afua Hirsch, well know left wing broadcaster, lawyer and human rights activist wants Nelsons Column torn down 'because he was a white supremacist'. "If they are doing it in America.............."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/22/toppling-statues-nelsons-column-should-be-next-slavery

Thankfully, there are brighter folk around like Maajid Nawaz

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/maajid-nawaz/maajid-destroys-guardian-columnists-suggestion-to/

I await with interest the Lord Mayor of Londons comments.

Afua Hirsch, well know left wing broadcaster, lawyer and human rights activist wants Nelsons Column torn down 'because he was a white supremacist'. "If they are doing it in America.............."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/22/toppling-statues-nelsons-column-should-be-next-slavery

Thankfully, there are brighter folk around like Maajid Nawaz

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/maajid-nawaz/maajid-destroys-guardian-columnists-suggestion-to/

I await with interest the Lord Mayor of Londons comments.

Well known?

I've never heard of him, and I doubt you have too.

He's talking bollocks by the way.

• Members

It's a woman Michael but don't think I am falling for that diversionary tactic.

I have probably seen her 25-30 times on TV just this year so you'd be completely wrong there once again.

On one occasion she was stood next to you singing the Red Flag at the tomb of Karl Marx so don't come it.

It's a woman Michael but don't think I am falling for that diversionary tactic.

I have probably seen her 25-30 times on TV just this year so you'd be completely wrong there once again.

On one occasion she was stood next to you singing the Red Flag at the tomb of Karl Marx so don't come it.

You watch some strange shit on TV then.

Try Game of Thrones - it's ace

Like I said on a different thread Bolty they've already started this nonsense in Bristol by renaming the Colston Hall.

The phrase 'the lunatics are taking over the asylum' springs to mind.

Oh I'm sorry you're not allowed to say lunatics any more are you.

• Members

You watch some strange shit on TV then.

Try Game of Thrones - it's ace

Aye mate - Sky UK News. Apparently up for a "Most bizarre" award at the National TV Awards  :rolleyes2:

On a GoT theme, I just watched "Football: A Brief History with Alfie Allen". Enjoyed it - especially the references to Tommy Banks and his input to the players strike to get shut of the maximum wage. No doubt you will know Alfie as Theon Greyjoy but to me he will always be the ice cream man from Soulboy.

I found out from the football documentary that his dad is Keith Allen who played the Sheriff of Nottingham in the most recent Robin Hood TV series. I thought sons usually follow fathers in their football loyalties but whilst Keith is a mad Fulham man, Alfie is a Gooner. Must be a little shit then.

• Members

Like I said on a different thread Bolty they've already started this nonsense in Bristol by renaming the Colston Hall.

I am with you H. It's turned into a mad world where some of these little PC shithouses would have it that you can't say anything.

Careful H, the internet plod might be reading this forum....

If they are.......then, try catching the real criminals you set of twats.

main issue with these statues is when they were put up and why

they're not even proper statues

https://www.facebook.com/MicMedia/videos/1620753744614076/

It does make for a stronger case for removing some of those status in the south.

As for Nelson's column, just stick a traffic cone on his heed ;) 

Where would folk draw the line though, seriously?

The Dibnah statue, they should've cast it fiddling - perhaps with the wheel in the case or sommat...instead of gurning on MDMA and Tyson-necked and fat gutted and brandishing a curtain pole.

When the underground left-wing militia of Bury finally come out of their bunkers tooled up and ready to go with the Bolton alt-right brigade the Lofthouse and Dibnah statues will be their first prizes mmw

Colston was a slave trader.

Nelson a national hero.

I think I can see a difference.

Lord Nelson's speech against the Foreign Slave Trade Bill introduced into Parliament in 1806, stopped the Abolition movement headed by William Wilberforce from passing laws to ban the slave trade in the British Empire

Not that different

• Moderators

Colston was a slave trader.

Nelson a national hero.

I think I can see a difference.

in an attempt to enlighten myself on both, I have had a look on their wiki pages

nowhere on Nelson's page does the word slave appear

Colston's opening sentence refers to him as a slave trader

the irony is his statue in Bristol is black

It's like a car crash... You don't want to be involved but can't help glancing at what's gone on.

I'd get out and help not just rubberneck ;) 

fwiw the lauding of Imperial lapdogs is a bit offensive to me but so are a lot of things that I just accept and get on with; live and let live an all that.

If a society goes down that route it sets a very 1984 type precedent; imo  they should make sure that the real and full history of such people and historic times are taught - not the fuzzy, warm slightly biased view that we tend to get nowadays.

Nelson was brilliant, for a few . . .

• Site Supporter

The left are always judging historical figures by 21st century moral standards, especially if they are white and European. TBF a lot of right wing tits do it too.

Bang on. I'm sure if I went back far enough, one of my tribal forebears, may have stoves in the skull of another tribe over a few roots and berries. Won't lose sleep over it.