Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charity Cricket Edgeworth

Good Knee

Mate of mine is Martin Hibbert's mate so going to try my best to make it across for the this. Fancy a few beers so the usual MancWanderer question.........trains???

His advice is to get a train to Entwistle and according to trainline they are running direct next Sunday. Any trainspotters know any different?? I'm guessing this is a completely different line to the one with all the problems

Mate of mine is Martin Hibbert's mate so going to try my best to make it across for the this. Fancy a few beers so the usual MancWanderer question.........trains???

His advice is to get a train to Entwistle and according to trainline they are running direct next Sunday. Any trainspotters know any different?? I'm guessing this is a completely different line to the one with all the problems

As far as I'm aware there's nothing on any line between Bolton and Manchester for up to 6 weeks. Not sure if they're doing trains starting at Bolton on the Blackburn (including Entwistle) and Preston lines though.

It's a mess.

• Site Supporter

Pretty sure they are running on that line up to Clitheroe so you can get to Entwistle (Strawbury Duck) just be aware though that every train doesn't actually stop probably only every 4th or 5th .

They all stop if you ask the driver or guard. Entwistle is a request only stop. http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/ent/details.html

• Site Supporter

Ha I see the reason i thought a certain number stopped was because I was on Entwistle platform trying to board one and the blighters kept flying by !After attempting to flag the first 3 down I abandoned the plan and retreated to the Duck .