Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Minute's Silence Examples

SatanGreavsie

Trying to think of examples of minute's silence we've had at Bolton games.

Nat obviously, and of course 20 years ago we had pretty much the first televised silence for Diana.

Other than that I remember away at Coventry in 1996 for Dunblane and also away at Charlton for some South American stadium crush.

Others though (apart from the annual Armistice one and the many consecutive minutes of silence the Reebok has produced during games)? I can't remember a Burnden one, but there must have been??

Mind you, nowadays I can't remember what I had for tea yesterday....

• Moderators

Burnden - Matt Busby was it v Forest on TV the 4-3?? The minutes silence didn't go terrifically well if I remember

Think it was tranmere

Seem to recall someone shouting "scouse busters" halfway through

• Site Supporter

An interesting one I remember was for the club legend Eddie Hopkinson it was that last game against dirty Leeds we were safe and their was a not to bothered party atmosphere amongst our supporters,a minority of Yorkshire low life's didn't respect the silence and the whole mood in the ground changed to one of get into these bastards,I think playing a part in their relegation.

Aye remember that Tranmere one. We one 2-0 on a Sunday on grandada. They were singing Munich stuff on the paddock.

It would have made the papers but Leeds caused a load of mither during it at Blackburn on the same afternoon iirc live on sky. Remember strachan being less than impressed.

The Munich one in 98 we all got letters with the tickets to tell us not make any noise. Loads of bolton stayed underneath the stand and didn't observe it.

The Munich one in 98 we all got letters with the tickets to tell us not make any noise. Loads of bolton stayed underneath the stand and didn't observe it.

I was one of them that stayed underneath. Two reasons why I did.

1. And my main reason. This was their thing, not ours. It was only by coincidence we played them on that date. I had a minutes pint.

2. I was convinced some would not observe it and I didn't want to be around if they ballooned.

Aye remember that Tranmere one. We one 2-0 on a Sunday on grandada. They were singing Munich stuff on the paddock.

It would have made the papers but Leeds caused a load of mither during it at Blackburn on the same afternoon iirc live on sky. Remember strachan being less than impressed.

I'm not one for not respecting a silence, but the look on Aldridge's face was a classic for that one.

Also happened at the Bill Nicholson game

Queuing up outside mad as fuck thinking we'd missed KO.

Barrelling up the stairs laughing at chants of "One Radhi Jaddy". He scored within five minutes.

I think it was the debut of Hierro's song and it was all you could hear in the concorse at half time. Vernon Kay sat in front of us.

Fuck me. Couldn't even tell you what I had for tea tonight and I can still remember all that clear as day.

I was a ballboy in front of the away end the season when Eddie Hopkinson had died. The day we sent Leeds down was a silence for him. Forever ruining silences the wankers. Remember arguing between their end the ESL corner about forty seconds in.

Edited by BWFC_LOVE