Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Foods You Really Detest

MancWanderer

Egg mayonnaise

Jesus. Cant believe I forgot that the other thing I simply cannot eat is egg white

Fried or poached egg I have to use one of the things that separates the yolk and just cook the yolk. Egg mayonnaise is fine so long as I've made it (with no egg white) and I can do scrambled eggs if there's loads of butter, cream and pepper 

Jesus. Cant believe I forgot that the other thing I simply cannot eat is egg white

Fried or poached egg I have to use one of the things that separates the yolk and just cook the yolk. Egg mayonnaise is fine so long as I've made it (with no egg white) and I can do scrambled eggs if there's loads of butter, cream and pepper

It's rancid. I remember there always had to be one right minger having it on school trips and stinking the coach out.

Jellied eels are up there with calamari, squid, snails, frogs legs and the like

I can eat them if done properly. If not they are rank

Had jellied eels once in a place near Maidstone Harbour and they were fantastic. Had them once in a place in Bermondsey and I had to chuck them away

• Members

Had pie and mash last week in Greenwich, I think the gravy they pour over is made out of eel stock.

Aye mate with a barrowload of finely chopped parsley in it. Personally, I enjoy a good, traditional pie and mash shop.

Don't like owt pulpy, tasteless and reminiscent of mashed cardboard like squash, aubergine, courgettes etc. but one thing I truly hate is the currently trendy rocquet. The fuckers try to put it on everything down here. I have never eaten a dandelion leaf on which a tomcat has sprayed his scent but that is what rocquet puts me in mind of. Filthy stuff.

• Site Supporter

Very little that i wouldn't scoff if hungry but i don't understand anyone eating tripe at least not how my grandparents had it with all the holes full of vinegar.Would get your old man wound up Bolty as he came on radio2 phone in extolling its virtues he was fucking hilarious.

• Members

Very little that i wouldn't scoff if hungry but i don't understand anyone eating tripe at least not how my grandparents had it with all the holes full of vinegar.Would get your old man wound up Bolty as he came on radio2 phone in extolling its virtues he was fucking hilarious.

Aye, he doesn't change. I still have nightmares about him coming to Oz with his bowls and having me arrange a game for him at Woonona Bowling Club near Wollongong so it could be video'd and he could show them back at the club him playing 'bows' in Oz.  They play in lanes here all dressed in beautifully pressed creams. He steps on the green on one corner with his jesus sandals on with shorts and a knotted hanky on his head and bowled the jack corner to corner. Caused fucking uproar. I had to get him out of the place after the green keeper ran up and said "What the fuck are you doing you silly old bugger?" to which he replied "Who are you calling a silly old bugger yer lippy Aussie git!". Green keeper had the last word. "Piss off, just piss off" so I got him out of there! Entertaining video if you ever get chance to watch it!

My grandad used to eat tripe swimming in vinegar with a chopped up raw onion on top and would scoff it with gusto. Loved the stuff. He also loved steak and cow heel pie. Have you ever seen a cow heel? Just a big lump of gristle and fat with bones in it which resemble pumice stones which, after cooking, he would suck all of the juices out of. Have to say I wouldn't touch either of those two which were his favourite meals. 

Edited by bolty58

:lol: SNAP

one thing I truly hate is the currently trendy rocquet. The fuckers try to put it on everything down here. I have never eaten a dandelion leaf on which a tomcat has sprayed his scent but that is what rocquet puts me in mind of. Filthy stuff.

Rocquet?? Commonly known as Rocket here in the Motherland.

Looks like the convicts are getting a bit pretentious.

• Members

Rocquet?? Commonly known as Rocket here in the Motherland.

Looks like the convicts are getting a bit pretentious.

Aye. You only see it spelled such on menu's and supermarket labels down here.

Mind you, I do have standards y'know. Maybe where the great unwashed shop it has the more 'blue collar' spelling old bean?

I always remember a similar thread ages ago.

Pretty sure Carlos was the only other person I've heard of that hates raw tomatoes. Fine cooked but raw they make me vom.

Love 'shrooms and don't mind a bit of kidney though liver is hideous. Olives can fuck off too.

What mother nature was doing when celeriac developed I'll never know.

You're not alone - they're vile raw. Them, mushrooms and mayonnaise make me heave.

Most other things I'm reyt with.