Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Foods You Really Detest

MancWanderer

Cereal mixing is true future; nowt wrong with that

As a fussy fuck (I know surprising innit) my hate list is pretty long, so off the top of my head

Ketchup (you dirty cunt)

Brown sauce (its named after a colour FFS)

Nuts (all and every one you fucking monkeys)

Eggs (apart from scrambled or omelettes)

Tomatoes (passata and soup are ok)

Raw onions

Gherkins. Are they pickled things? In fact everything pickled except monster munch :D

Stewed meat. You've got rid of anything good there. This shite is why English food used to get a bad wrap

Which brings me to casserole. 60's/70's garbage

Smoked fish / cheese / meat. Just cook the cunt normally

Mushy peas. Why would you do that?

That's a top list

Raw onions; great call

Have a go at roasted cauliflower. No pre-cooking, just break it up, chuck on some olive oil and salt and bung it in a hot oven for twenty minutes or so till it's browned and tender.

It's like a different vegetable.

I'd give it a bash but even in cauliflower cheese or a curry it's still grim.

• Members

Mushrooms - what's all that about then? Why would you choose to eat fungus? You might as well chew on some athletes foot.

Gobsmacked. Although I have witnessed you eating red meat some years ago, I was under the impression by now that your transmogrification into a complete mung bean chomping yoghourt knitter would have you extolling the virtues of mushrooms as 'meat for vegetarians'.

Genuinely surprised.

Gobsmacked. Although I have witnessed you eating red meat some years ago, I was under the impression by now that your transmogrification into a complete mung bean chomping yoghourt knitter would have you extolling the virtues of mushrooms as 'meat for vegetarians'.

Genuinely surprised.

Well quorn is a fungus iirc.

• Site Supporter

Cereal mixing is true future; nowt wrong with that

As a fussy fuck (I know surprising innit) my hate list is pretty long, so off the top of my head

Ketchup (you dirty cunt)

Brown sauce (its named after a colour FFS)

Nuts (all and every one you fucking monkeys)

Eggs (apart from scrambled or omelettes)

Tomatoes (passata and soup are ok)

Raw onions

Gherkins. Are they pickled things? In fact everything pickled except monster munch :D

Stewed meat. You've got rid of anything good there. This shite is why English food used to get a bad wrap

Which brings me to casserole. 60's/70's garbage

Smoked fish / cheese / meat. Just cook the cunt normally

Mushy peas. Why would you do that?

You're not of this world surely- what do you eat?

Stewed meat- what's wrong with it; all the goodness is retained in the liquor!

A curry is effectively stewed meat, just with spices. With the availability of ingredients nowadays stews and casseroles should be magnificent.

Fucking hell. The polished pate now makes sense. Mineral deprivation.

What the fuck do you eat?

I have a wide and varied palate; I just know what I don't like. topically I've even eaten kangaroo :)

plenty of fish, meat, fruit, veg and whole foods. I do quite a lot of cooking to be fair. Also partial to shite when pissed / hungover. Just had a lovely seafood paella for lunch; last night was tapas and its steak tonight :)

When I get back from my jollies the portion control needs to start mind. Finally fed up of being a fat cunt

Edited by jules_darby

I have a wide and varied palate; I just know what I don't like. topically I've even eaten kangaroo :)

plenty of fish, meat, fruit, veg and whole foods. I do quite a lot of cooking to be fair. Also partial to shite when pissed / hungover. Just had a lovely seafood paella for lunch; last night was tapas and its steak tonight :)

When I get back from my jollies the portion control needs to start mind. Finally fed up of being a fat cunt

You're supposed to post this in the homo section in January????

Satan, I worked with a very brilliant industrial gearbox designer in Huddersfield called Robin Smith (RIP). So brilliant was he that they sent him around to the far reaches of the global company on special assignments and he was sent to Sydney to sort a special military skid steer system drive for an armoured troop vehicle.

He was tickled pink that you could get a breakfast steak down here. When I questioned him on his vociferous approval the first day he came into work he said words pretty similar to yours above apart from your grudging acceptance of spinach. This bloke smoked a Meerschaum pipe (Pretentious? Moi?) and religiously sank 5 pints of Guinness every night. Told me he had never eaten anything green in his life and his diet consisted of meat and potatoes.

Died of stomach cancer at 52 years old.

So mate, as a great admirer of your Rivington Pike series and other contributions to the maelstrom (Preten....oh, fuck it) which is Wanderersways, please eat loads of spinach and stick around a while eh?

Fair point, well made owd cockers. I've just bought some salad to go with me sirloin steaks  :good: 

Satan, I worked with a very brilliant industrial gearbox designer in Huddersfield called Robin Smith (RIP). So brilliant was he that they sent him around to the far reaches of the global company on special assignments and he was sent to Sydney to sort a special military skid steer system drive for an armoured troop vehicle.

He was tickled pink that you could get a breakfast steak down here. When I questioned him on his vociferous approval the first day he came into work he said words pretty similar to yours above apart from your grudging acceptance of spinach. This bloke smoked a Meerschaum pipe (Pretentious? Moi?) and religiously sank 5 pints of Guinness every night. Told me he had never eaten anything green in his life and his diet consisted of meat and potatoes.

Died of stomach cancer at 52 years old.

So mate, as a great admirer of your Rivington Pike series and other contributions to the maelstrom (Preten....oh, fuck it) which is Wanderersways, please eat loads of spinach and stick around a while eh?

Pretentieux, moi, no?

I'll eat owt and try owt.

There's not much I won't eat.

This is me.

I can only think of mint sauce and any lemon based dessert that I couldn't actually eat.

You'll eat anything once you've been snowballed.

• Members

I have a wide and varied palate; I just know what I don't like. topically I've even eaten kangaroo :) Very nutritious and low in fat. Needs to be cooked rare though or can be like shoe leather.

plenty of fish, meat, fruit, veg and whole foods. I do quite a lot of cooking to be fair. Also partial to shite when pissed / hungover. Just had a lovely seafood paella for lunch; last night was tapas and its steak tonight :) Relieved to hear it matey. We need every BWFC fan alive and kicking.

When I get back from my jollies the portion control needs to start mind. Finally fed up of being a fat cunt. I feel your pain. It's winter and cravings for stodgy foods which give me an aldermanic girth each year. Just warming up down here so it will soon be a variety of salads etc. and my lithe and lissom self will (hopefully) return.

Note the use of italics rather than upper case. I've gone off shouting.