Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bloody Monarch

embankment

• Site Supporter

i suppose they may do but the fleet will now be in the hands of the administrator

Chap from kpmg explained that they cannot send the planes out as they don't have a license to do so.

Would have to be someone else. Whether that someone could use/rent the aircraft I don't know.

That was why they went tits up at four in the morning as they had no planes in the air at that point.

Gutted though. Not good for consumers. Used them a good few times in recent years and always thought they were a step-up from Ryanair and Easyjet.

I read that Air Berlin went bump as well recently.

Guessing there's room in the market now for someone to fill some of the gap left by Monarch.

Interesting to see if Norwegian start to expand in the UK.

Gutted though. Not good for consumers. Used them a good few times in recent years and always thought they were a step-up from Ryanair and Easyjet.

I read that Air Berlin went bump as well recently.

Guessing there's room in the market now for someone to fill some of the gap left by Monarch.

Interesting to see if Norwegian start to expand in the UK.

Norwegian are light years ahead of Ryan Air for customer experience

It would be great if they started using Manchester as a hub

I booked me and my pals flights to Gibraltar yesterday, they've gone up from £151 each to £541. I'd been trying to book with Monarch but their prices shot up from £102 each to £257 just after the Sale and decided to knock it on the head. Booked 12 lads from these parts for our annual St.Georges Day on 'The Rock' at the same time £62.80p round trip. Breightmet On Tour :-)

Got up at 5am for work and saw monarch had gone into administration.I went straight onto sky tracker as we go away on Saturday and booked new flights with Thomas Cook (only 3 seats left) then spent 2 hours on phone getting a refund on flights.For a change i got lucky but feel sorry for those that have not got sorted

Had flights to Portugal next August with Monarch - only booked 2 weeks ago.  Managed to sort cheaper flights with easyjet from Liverpool, for same dates etc.

Just how long it will take to get money back now.  Sent of info to tesco credit card email address who are trying in the first instance to refund via chargeback (ie contacting Monarchs bank for the money back) - would have thought there would be little or no chance.  Best way is section 75 whereby the credit card company stump up first - which they are probably trying to avoid.

Anyone else booked flights with  tesco credit card and been told any different ?

I've done a section 75 before now...

air conditioning wasn't working in a hotel and they couldn't fix it or provide another room so I moved to another hotel, they gave a part refund but said I'd have to get the rest back through the travel agent (Travel Republic), unfortunately they were useless so I went through section 75 and Halifax gave my money back immediately. Travel Republic had 45 days to challenge but they never did, very easy process really!

In terms of charge back, Id think you should be all right Marple - when I worked in payment card processing about a decade a go the retailer (Monarch), wouldn't get cleared funds for well over 30 days (dependant on when the transaction took place)

Either way I'm sure you will get paid out