Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bloody Monarch

embankment

I've done a section 75 before now...

air conditioning wasn't working in a hotel and they couldn't fix it or provide another room so I moved to another hotel, they gave a part refund but said I'd have to get the rest back through the travel agent (Travel Republic), unfortunately they were useless so I went through section 75 and Halifax gave my money back immediately. Travel Republic had 45 days to challenge but they never did, very easy process really!

In terms of charge back, Id think you should be all right Marple - when I worked in payment card processing about a decade a go the retailer (Monarch), wouldn't get cleared funds for well over 30 days (dependant on when the transaction took place)

Either way I'm sure you will get paid out

cheers pal

Monarchs bank account will be frozen and controlled now via administrators so little to zero chance of owt there. so as birch says section 75 shall payout and should happen swiftly. Tell Tesco you are desperate for the money back or they will drag it on to avoid the section 75.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Got back today after a cracking trip to Gibraltar, met up with BB off here and his mates, 3 of us stayed in La Linea on the Spanish side and walked into Gib every day, saved about 200 Euro's on hotels, we did the touristy trip around the Rock and it was a really interesting tour

Got back today after a cracking trip to Gibraltar, met up with BB off here and his mates, 3 of us stayed in La Linea on the Spanish side and walked into Gib every day, saved about 200 Euro's on hotels, we did the touristy trip around the Rock and it was a really interesting tour

Breightmet Whites flag spotted by my brother who works in Gib.