Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cash Loaded Card To Use Abroad?

worthy10

After recommendations on here, I got one.

I used it in Prague last week and it was great. The exchange rate was better than anything I've used in the past. I got an immediate text telling me where I'd just used it and the amount in sterling and Czech Crowns. Just transferred some money to my son in Aus for internal flights during the Ashes. Exact rate as declared on XE.

A £5 charge for the transfer. My bank normally charges £25.

No charge for using it in CZ

An initial charge of £5 for processing and postage when I applied. I'll be using it in Aus.

Thanks for the recommendations on here.

Revolut here too. Best way to use is it like a debit card, because cash withdrawals over £200 a month (I think) incur a small % charge. Can use it wherever they accept MasterCard.

yep, i never withdrawn with mine in vegas

just paid on card wherever i went, no charges whatsoever

• 1 month later...

Please don’t touch Revolut with a barge pole

Complete cunts

Went out to a restaurant a week ago, the payment showed on my Revolut account 3 times rather than 1. Discussed with the restaurant staff who showed me proof it had only gone through once! Revolut refused to help or refund me the money, talking £250 so no small figure.

Revolut have been a complete joke, still no money

I will apologise now for recommending them in the past. They have worked well previously but this time have been a disgrace

Do yourself a favour, pay a little more and go through a proper bank rather than these wankers

Edited by birch-chorley

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been using it nearly 3 years with only minimal issues previously, they have always been able to sort quickly using the chat facility before. I’ve put loads through as well, especially with our abroad wedding

This time they have been properly shite, first message back said they ‘can’t help go to the merchant’. I’ve been going back and forth ever since even with a letter from the restaurant confirming they only took it once. If it’s fraud they can return it in no time, why not in this instance if it’s not fraud and the merchant has wrote a letter as well as called the bank at their end

Revolut have ended up saying they can look at it after 7 days have passed, it’s day 8 today and still nothing, now saying get in touch after 8pm today but I’m sure they are closed then so it will be tomorrow no doubt (at best)

It’s only £250 but it’s the fucking about more than anything, you get a worse rate with a bank but you wouldn’t have any of this shite

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been using it nearly 3 years with only minimal issues previously, they have always been able to sort quickly using the chat facility before. I’ve put loads through as well, especially with our abroad wedding

This time they have been properly shite, first message back said they ‘can’t help go to the merchant’. I’ve been going back and forth ever since even with a letter from the restaurant confirming they only took it once. If it’s fraud they can return it in no time, why not in this instance if it’s not fraud and the merchant has wrote a letter as well as called the bank at their end

Revolut have ended up saying they can look at it after 7 days have passed, it’s day 8 today and still nothing, now saying get in touch after 8pm today but I’m sure they are closed then so it will be tomorrow no doubt (at best)

It’s only £250 but it’s the fucking about more than anything, you get a worse rate with a bank but you wouldn’t have any of this shite

Worth taking them through the small claims court?

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money