Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Misselling

glennboltw

That’s great advice but I actually like the car, is there anything I could try and get from Toyota as a form as compensation ie extended warrenty/service plans?

The cost for built in sat navs is normally quite high, £1,000+, if your conceding on it then make sure you get its full value in extra's

A service plan wouldn't cover it alone I'd imagine

The cost for built in sat navs is normally quite high, £1,000+, if your conceding on it then make sure you get its full value in extra's

A service plan wouldn't cover it alone I'd imagine

Service plan is around £50/m for a Rav4

Extended warranty c £1,000 for 2 years

When I purchased the car he tried to sell me the service plan which was £40 a month for 24 months which obviously covers me for 2 years, so I could possibly go for this and 12 months extended warrenty when it ends in 18 months.

How did you get on with complaint to finance company?

I called them first thing and they told me to speak with the dealer directly and to see if we can rectify the problem, but if this was without success call them back and speak with the complaints department, they also basically said it has been missold.

That’s really positive then. Make sure you let the dealer know that you’ve spoken to then finance company and they are ready to get involved.

Stand your ground on the sat nav. I would be asking for sat nav plus a service plan as compo. They will not want to give a refund and unlikely to have your part ex so they will need to resolve to your satisfaction

Yes I will do that, I have been doing research on having the sat nav fitted and it seems to expensive for them to do it so I’m guessing they are going to be offering me service plans ect, like you said my part ex will be long gone now so I think I’m in pole position for getting what I want.

The more I think about it the more I want the satnav because my old car had it and I became dependant on it. I’m just waiting for the correct paperwork to come through for my private plates then making an appointment with the sales manager so we can sort it all out. Thanks for your advice it’s been helpful, I will let you know how it all pans out!