Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Royal Bank Of Incompetence

Andydee

Anyone a rough idea the total fines and compensation paid out by RBS in the last few years since the public very kindly bailed them out?

See the FCA have said they may take further action and the bank have responded saying they're sorry and set aside £400m for compensation on top of the £115m they've already paid out.

Been dealing with them last couple of weeks, what an  incompetent, unprofessional, couldn't give a toss, absolute fckin shower of shite they are! No wonder they're constantly being fined for stuff, not come across one person capable of taking ownership, giving a straight answer or having any inkling of customer service. 

Got a call from SAR department just after 5:00 today (bet he was hoping i wouldn't/could't answer) in response to an earlier call when I insisted I got a call from the person handling the issue by close of play. After 20 mins he admitted he wasn't  the person I was expecting but he handled the complaint department of the SAR department and the (other) complaints department had passed the buck rather than dealing with the issue!  He then told me, and I quote, "we'll probably be able to get something out to you shortly" . How about complying with the Subject Access Request submitted 5 months ago for starters? When pushed the 'complaints handler' said he was sorry (pattern emerging) and added "it looks like someone made an 'unwise decision' back in June". An unwise decision ....really!

Promised another call tomorrow ...can't wait!

Anyone a rough idea the total fines and compensation paid out by RBS in the last few years since the public very kindly bailed them out?

See the FCA have said they may take further action and the bank have responded saying they're sorry and set aside £400m for compensation on top of the £115m they've already paid out.

Been dealing with them last couple of weeks, what an  incompetent, unprofessional, couldn't give a toss, absolute fckin shower of shite they are! No wonder they're constantly being fined for stuff, not come across one person capable of taking ownership, giving a straight answer or having any inkling of customer service. 

Got a call from SAR department just after 5:00 today (bet he was hoping i wouldn't/could't answer) in response to an earlier call when I insisted I got a call from the person handling the issue by close of play. After 20 mins he admitted he wasn't  the person I was expecting but he handled the complaint department of the SAR department and the (other) complaints department had passed the buck rather than dealing with the issue!  He then told me, and I quote, "we'll probably be able to get something out to you shortly" . How about complying with the Subject Access Request submitted 5 months ago for starters? When pushed the 'complaints handler' said he was sorry (pattern emerging) and added "it looks like someone made an 'unwise decision' back in June". An unwise decision ....really!

Promised another call tomorrow ...can't wait!

Fines and legal costs — have amounted to £15bn. They started to bite in 2011 when RBS — like other banks — began setting aside bilions to compensate customers mis-sold payment protection insurance. Its bill for PPI has now reached almost £5bn, while the industry’s has topped £30bn. In 2013 RBS was also fined £390m for rigging Libor and £800m for manipulating foreign exchange markets. The bank has just set aside a new £5.9bn to cover a settlement with the US Department of Justice over the decade-old scandal in the US over mis-selling residential mortgage backed securities.

I’m finding all customer services difficult to deal with these days

When they fucked you over they would usually get it sorted and refund your account in good time

These days it’s like pulling teeth

I’ve started getting the names of the board off LinkedIn and e-mailing direct. Worked well with BT, they were holding back a £200 gift card when I signed up with them until the chairman’s office called me and sorted it on the back of a carpet e-mail to the big wigs

I have a couple of RBS accounts and find the branch staff really good

Telephone support is hard work

I find that with a lot of companies, face to face are brilliant but on the phone it's numpty after numpty.

It runs me up the wrong way when call centres in Mumbai start off with a lie and saying their name is 'keith' or other made up name in an attempt to trick you into thinking they're UK based. I couldn't give a shit if your name is Mohammed or Ashraf as long as you can help me.

Worked for them for 11 years until last year.

In terms of service they are no worse than any of the other banks in my opinion.

In terms of moral compass that’s a whole different question and answer.

Had to use a branch to certify some papers for this issue and they were next to useless as well.

Mind I was a bit stunned when I was told at Nat West I couldn't pay a cheque into my sons account without a card or pre-printed paying in slip as I only had his sort code and a/c number, anti money laundering apparently. Ok I says, I'll pay it into my account (same initial) which sort of defeats the object as it's not my cheque! They paid it into his.