Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Little Mix

barryk32

It's all about sales capacity, and the venue deal - how many seats does a space hold, and the % you can sell them at.

An act like Little Mix, where the fanbase have to be taken by parents in the main and and have a very, very young audience (ie pre and just reached teens) also does matinees and likes venues that reach beyond just the city-based venues to maximise this fanbase. Look at the dates - Swansea, Derby, Huddersfield, Bolton, Maidstone, Lincoln, Inverness...all provincial towns and cities. That's not unplanned.

Acts like Oasis, Bon Jovi and Elton John are considered Heritage acts ie past their peak but still have a large fanbase that will turn out to hear the hits, despite their latest album being gash and them being well past their best. It means they can still sell out larger outdoor venues with certain regional gigs. Weller does it a lot now, turning up in sports centres in places, well like, Crawley.

With Coldplay - well, it was the first arena headliner tour and probably couldn't fill MEN at the time, they played Crystal Palace sports arena on that tour and two smaller parks - its was to test out how they could work as a proper stadium band.

So, we're not going to be taking over MEN anytime soon, and it's dependant on certain acts deciding to do a tour rather than the stadium turning down bands left, right and centre.

So what sort of money will the club make from this?

Whatever the money we make from it has to be balanced with the damage it does to the pitch and the disruption it causes to reseeding it.

Ofcourse this will be irrelevant if Parkinson is in charge then

anyone with half a brain cell would surely negotiate this in the cost?

No sexual objectification now, gentlemen.

Legs apart, gyratory pelvic thrusts are purely for artistic content and the costumes merely to facilitate freedom of movement.

Indeed!  I had no idea who or what they were until I read the thread.  Glad I did.  Always good to see artists flourishing.  The Spice girls, for example, really brought women's rights back to the forefront of the public imagination.

The thread title made me think of this

Edited by madthatter