Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

When are folk going to realise there isn’t enough money in the pot to pay every single person involved with the football club on time, make improvements to the squad and pay all the bills at the same time?

And for KA to line his own pockets then pay Lee his consultant fees which are obvs the priorities in the eyes of the Twitter M0ngs

• Site Supporter

When are folk going to realise there isn’t enough money in the pot to pay every single person involved with the football club on time, make improvements to the squad and pay all the bills at the same time?

See, this is all well and good but if this is the case then Ken should not be talking publicly about the club making a profit.

Moreover, as tomski said earlier, enough shit flies about and players may well think twice about coming and playing here.

That would only make Parky's job harder.

All that said, I hadn't checked the dates (I rarely know what bloody day it is) so Henry may have jumped the gun a bit.

• Site Supporter

TMGJ according to his twitter rant (see previous page) , its was due on the 6th which is t0day, so yes he's jumped the gun, If I was Ken I would have a cheque hand delivered to him at 11.59pm this evening

No problems with that for me.

How much would sufficient pennies weigh?

• Moderators

wonder how the players would react if the Manager / Owner of a club went on a Twitter rampage about certain individuals if they had acted out of line, had disappointing performances etc?

Probably put In performances like Derby and Millwall last season, after Ken had a pop about the Birmingham performance

That’s all well and good until we agree to pay a 7 figure sum to Forest Green Rovers for an unproven League 2 striker

Then you’d have to start thinking that finances / cash flow can’t be all that bad

Henry has a fair gripe IMO

Dont disagree at all, time and again Ken has delayed payments / bonuses to ex players which as said above is probably at the bottom of his priority list.

it is wrong and they should be paid what they are owed and when they are owed it. However for me the players lose the moral high ground when they start dragging all this over social media. I am not having for one second its the last resort.

its sticking the boot in unnecessarily and creating more aggro for a club that currently doesnt need any more bad press re: finances  

Sit in the middle somewhere on this. If ken was a bloke in the pub, I'd stop having a pint with him. If someone owed me money and I'd found out they were splashing out cash (Doidge) I'd be disappointed.

Saying all that he is not my mate but owner of the club I support. He has made this club better. I'm also excited about the Doidge signing.

If you asked me should we of paid Henry and chums first before signing a £1m signing (I appreciate I don't know how much up front) I know the correct answer but if Ken rung me up and said it's your call I'm not sure my answer would of been the moral one.

Henry has a fair gripe but I barely see this as news as this happens so often, then gets sorted.

• Moderators

That’s all well and good until we agree to pay a 7 figure sum to Forest Green Rovers for an unproven League 2 striker

Then you’d have to start thinking that finances / cash flow can’t be all that bad

You don't know when the first payment falls due to forest green

Could be weeks, even months off

And even if we paid something last week, that's only cos of the stupid Windows

Ken will hang on to our cash as long as he can and focus on the present and future for the good of bwfc

Which I fully support

Not saying this is relevant but it might give one or two a something to ponder on perhaps.

Players wages of around £600k were due at the end of last week - paid (otherwise we would have heard about it by now.

Transfer window closed last week and we clearly made some sort of a 'loan' payment to FGR in advance of the January purchase of Doidge.

The BluMarble repayment date fell due last week (31st August), the settlement total was £4.3 million.

Millionaire Karl Henry was awaiting his player bonus.

There would have been other outgoings too, not least provision for the next HMRC demand, so if YOU had to manage the clubs cash flow which in the order of priorities would you pay Mr Henry?

Not the players - and risk a strike and possible sanctions/embargo?

Not FGR - and have no new striker and rely on Connor Hall instead (now at Accrington) until the January window?

Not BluMarble - and incur financial penalties?

Not millionaire Mr Henry - and risk a tweet and the stirred up wrath of the anti-Anderson brigade?

I know in the scheme of things how highly I would prioritise Mr Henry's outstanding bonus. 

Yes Henry should have been paid on time but in the real world everything doesn't always go as clockwork.

I've no doubt that Henry will receive his bonus in full in due course. 

Ken will hang on to our cash as long as he can and focus on the present and future for the good of bwfc

Which I fully support

Is the right answer. Just don’t look on twitter.

And I hope Ken now has it in people's contract that you only get a bonus if you do something remarkable, like winning promotion or a trophy.

Otherwise you're just doing you job.

Or scoring the last minute goal that secured our Championship status?

All the contracts signed were approved by KA.

Which I fully support

First payment due last week or in January

Largely irrelevant really if your Henry, if the club can pay £1m in January then you can settle up on time now

It would be like a mate owing you money, keep fucking you about then they go and put a deposit down on a new motor before he’s settled up

Edited by birch-chorley

First payment due last week or in January

Largely irrelevant really if your Henry, if the club can pay £1m in January then you can settle up on time now

It would be like a mate owing you money, keep fucking you about then they go and put a deposit down on a new motor before he’s settled up

Does your firm not delay payments to contractors to benefit the companies finances?

I get his gripe. But it happens. And like boothy said the owners won’t be doing it lightly.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul

Edited by gonzo

• Moderators

Does your firm not delay payments to contractors to benefit the companies finances?

I get his gripe. But it happens. And like boothy said the owners won’t be doing it lightly.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul

Aye, birch is a bit of a hypocrite

Companies as big as his screw the small fish all the time

A previous, we were paying on pro forma and the companies we supplied were paying us on 180 days or later if they fancied it

Pay Henry or improve the team then pay Henry next month

It's not really a difficult call