Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

2 hours ago, barryk32 said:

Aye thank fuck funds cant be raised against a stadium far too big and expensive to run for our needs.  If it wasnt for that we'd have no where to watch some shit boy band lip sync to generic bollocks after I've been to watch Athy Colls next year.

If there was no ACV Ken could sell the stadium, pocket the money and put the club under, in fact that could have been his plan A. 

I do not always agree with the ST but I praise them for getting the stadium listed as an ACV.   

Edited by Mounts Kipper

35 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely. Begs the question why?

Have we simply too many playing staff, are we still paying too much?

Interesting listening to the Wigan interview; maybe all clubs need to start looking far more closely at what they offer players.

After all, only a few clubs can pay higher wages, so they would have to accept that they can't be paid as highly as they'd like.

I thought FFP was meant that help with this, doesn't seem to be.

Why? Because we have an attendance that is bottom end of the championship in numbers and certainly ST wise one of the cheaper options. Most of our income is through gate receipts. Extra commercial activities bring in modest amounts relative to the running of a football club.

We're in a league where over half the teams now have supplemental (considerable) income either via their owners or parachute payments. We have none of that.

We're trying to compete in a league where we cannot afford to. People cite clubs like Millwall, but their owner has stuck in over £60M quid in recent seasons. Harsh reality is we cannot fund even the level of players we have currently. Without sales.... 

58 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We're trying to compete in a league where we cannot afford to. People cite clubs like Millwall, but their owner has stuck in over £60M quid in recent seasons. Harsh reality is we cannot fund even the level of players we have currently. Without sales.... 

Which begs the question..... whatever happened to our sparkling academy? When are these young players going to break through?

I find it hard to believe either of them to a greater extent. Anderson especially, as he was banned from being a company director for 8 years for transgressions including diverting company funds into personal accounts, VAT discrepancies and failure to cooperate with receivers. This has always clouded my thoughts against him, and whilst I appreciate he has worked hard in regards to the club, when it comes to his financial mutterings, I always think of the above

Said months and months ago there will come a time when KA says enough is enough. Whether you personally see that as good or bad is irrelevant. The fact is if he stops funding as he claims he is the only other option is a supporters trust who have about £8 between em

he at the minute is still the lesser of 2 evils 

37 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Iles and his merry band of followers are odious. That said, can't argue if he's rated some of our players 2 & 3's recently. We've seen some dreadful performances this season.

i just dont get why we cant have a middle ground. 

we seem to have to be one or the other. its like fucking brexit 

1 minute ago, Big E said:

i just dont get why we cant have a middle ground. 

we seem to have to be one or the other. its like fucking brexit 

I’m not particularly either way I just don’t get one clown constantly sniping and digging out another for trying to do the best job he can with his own and the clubs very limited resources 

theres only one fella antagonising here on a daily basis for me and it’s completely unnecessary. Basically acting a Cnut 

I honestly don't know who to believe anymore.

I do think that Iles is overly negative. Articles like this below in the Bolton News are at best ill timed given other things that are going on. Just no need to publish stuff like that at this time.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17277429.readers-letter-im-not-happy-with-wills-celebration/

17 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

I’m not particularly either way I just don’t get one clown constantly sniping and digging out another for trying to do the best job he can with his own and the clubs very limited resources 

theres only one fella antagonising here on a daily basis for me and it’s completely unnecessary. Basically acting a Cnut 

Correctamundo.

47 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Iles is just trying to be ‘the people’s champion ‘ but really he’s embarrassing himself even more. What a tosser.

Really don’t think he is. 

Hes just retaliating after a barrage of shit thrown at him from Marc Iles, the trust and the merry bunch of doom merchants that follow them. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Really don’t think he is. 

Hes just retaliating after a barrage of shit thrown at him from Marc Iles, the trust and the merry bunch of doom merchants that follow them. 

Gonzo, have you read my post correctly? I was having a go at Iles not KA, decent response from Ken tbf, Iles shouldn’t try to be the flag bearer for the masses.