Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

45 minutes ago, darrener said:

I get the feeling Ken is going to walk away, some of the comments on twitter are just unbelievable, some people don't have a clue what they are on about. One idiot moaning that Ken isn't putting any money in but admits he doesn't go himself, fuck off!!!! 

The idea Ken will give up his chance at a decent payoff because of a mean tweet is as mad as believing the players are underperforming because of ratings in the Bolton News.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

The idea Ken will give up his chance at a decent payoff because of a mean tweet is as mad as believing the players are underperforming because of ratings in the Bolton News.

aye, if there's one thing we've learnt over the past couple of years, it's that KA doesn't give a fuck what people think about how he goes about his business

as for twitter, LA doesn't seem to care either

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Christ I'd rather we avoid admin at all costs.....it could kill the club for good. 

I’m pretty sure people don’t have any idea whatsoever as to what administration entails.

Its not the holy grail. If people think we’ve had dark times recently just wait till that happens.

Then the shit will really will hit the fan. We’ll be in league 2 within 3 seasons with 5k on.

35 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

if we're getting bummed by Leeds, people will just get up and leave

We're a strange group of fans, can't work out if we're really tolerant or really lazy.

I remember that game v Brentford (?) a few seasons ago where there was talk it could have been our last game before going to pot and a call to arms went out. Gate was worse than the previous one!

1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

Well said. I’d hazard a guess he’d be like a bloke in the pub who didn’t buy a round. His mates knew it and were calling him. If he got to the end of the night round buying free he would be buzzing. Otherwise known as a Yorkshireman 

18 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Whatever people's opinions of Ken, Iles, the ST, the rest of the fans, the players etc, the club is in absolute disarray. 

I just hope when (please be when not if) we come out the other side of this we're not left with a generation of fans at each others throats.

It has been for what, 3 years now?

Im just so fucking bored of it.

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

I doubt there's any joking going on or games being played for that matter.

The simple fact appears to be that there's no money to pay them with.

To be pedantic (and I apologise for being so), there may well be enough money to pay the players but if they are paid, that in turn triggers payments to HMRC (tax and NI deductions) and the combined cost of the two (plus whatever other debts are scheduled for payments) may not be there.  Most of the players being in the highest tax band I would presume.

This would explain the apparent rumour of the wages offered to be paid in instalments presumably based on what monies are available to satisfy both the players and meet the subsequent requirement of HMRC at the same time.

I mention it now before no doubt some nutjob or other (if they've not done so already) questions why the Wigan gate money and/or the latest Direct Debit instalment haven't been used to pay the wages/bonuses.  Maybe KA was actually stating a truism in his recent Chairman's briefing that the 'missing' 2,000 fans money did indeed impact upon the clubs ability to pay the players?

4 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Christ I'd rather we avoid admin at all costs.....it could kill the club for good. 

Truth is nobody knows the full implications (well no doubt there’s an expert on here)

could being wound up not kill the club if no investors step forward? 

Edited by radcliffe white

9 minutes ago, Gravel rash said:

So billionaire banker and oil magnate Roger Tamraz has not come up with evidence of sufficient funds, but convicted fraudster and banned director, Sweaty Ken the cockney sparrer did! Hmm, not filling me with hope this.

Can’t see Tamraz interested and he’s about 80 so wouldn’t be long term owner.

54 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Truth is nobody knows the full implications (well no doubt there’s an expert on here)

could being wound up not kill the club if no investors step forward? 

We know the full implications - only not the outcomes....sorry I'm being a pedant today.

Anyhow, the point is that you need someone to fund the business through admin. Then to come out the other side someone has to be prepared and able to make the administrator a reasonable offer that is in the best interests of the business and the creditors. The idea that someone will save us only when in admin has been around a long time but seems fanciful to me. Yes someone might get the club "on the cheap". That's essentially how Ken got it - how has that worked out? 

A managed sale is the best outcome we can possibly hope for. Anything else relies on pure hope. 

7 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We know the full implications - only not the outcomes....sorry I'm being a pedant today.

Anyhow, the point is that you need someone to fund the business through admin. Then to come out the other side someone has to be prepared and able to make the administrator a reasonable offer that is in the best interests of the business and the creditors. The idea that someone will save us only when in admin has been around a long time but seems fanciful to me. Yes someone might get the club "on the cheap". That's essentially how Ken got it - how has that worked out? 

A managed sale is the best outcome we can possibly hope for. Anything else relies on pure hope. 

We’ve been relying on pure hope for a long time now. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

We’ve been relying on pure hope for a long time now. 

One of the administrators jobs is to find a buyer. I don't think anyone really wants to go through that route, however, if Ken can't find one, and/or hasn't the means/desire/outside investment to fund it until such time then it seems almost inevitable.

Unless he can properly get us living within our means.

Meanwhile, more shit gets going at the club, which you would imagine would make it that little bit more difficult to come out of the other side.

Taking things on balance, it may become a necessary evil.

15 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

So next step no buyer?

then it will be admin won’t it, all my original post was saying I’d prefer admin now and take the hit point wise rather than scrapping through this season to be told it kicks in league 1 

• Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

So next step no buyer?

then it will be admin won’t it, all my original post was saying I’d prefer admin now and take the hit point wise rather than scrapping through this season to be told it kicks in league 1 

I agree, sadly.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Ken, and all the goings on, it does cross my mind whether folk are reluctant to deal with him.

Becomes a downward spiral.

Just hope he can pull a rabbit out of the hat.