Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

24 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

£150,000 ish. Hurrah.

As for the Doidge fee, I thought it was only near to 1 million with lots & lots of add ons but what we need to pay in January is a lot less than £1m.

I think it's been reported closer to 400k upfront 

8 hours ago, Biganddaft said:

your probably right, I can remember fans in the 80s invading the pitch after we got relegated to division 4, seems to be a lot of apathy around these days

not that i am condoning invading the pitch or even demonstrating with an old bed sheet dont see what purpose that will serve except for letting off steam

Load of bollocks there was no pitch invasions  the crowds were dog shit back then 10 times worse than what’s going on now 5,000 plus 

Regarding all the earlier talk about Administration, I doubt very much if Ken would have a sole voice in it, my thinking being as follows.

In very, very simple terms a company seeks the shelter of being in Administration whilst an appointed Administrator negotiates with its main creditors an agreement to reduce or write down what is owed to them so that the company can trade and become solvent (able to pay its debts) again.  The Administrator can also sell off assets as well to help get to the point of the company becoming solvent again too.

(I would imagine the Administrator or Liquidator (if it ever came to that) would have the powers to sell off the ground too if they felt they had to - they certainly have draconian powers over Employment Law that companies would normally have to adhere to, so I doubt the ST acquired ACV would hold much sway against them - but I digress).

The biggest creditors of the club are Moonshift, Michael James, KA himself (he has a charge on assets - the £5 million loaned to him personally by ED/Moonshift), and Warburton - probably in the order.  It's almost certain that they would decide amongst themselves what would be best for them (and the club too) and I doubt the cost of going into Administration and paying the Administrators fees would be that attractive to them.

It inconceivable to me KA would not have made the other three aware of the pending shortfall of the players wages this month, so maybe the non payment of players wages was done to make it known to all - players and fans alike - that this isn't just idle chatter and that the need to raise funds which include all the things KA pushes in his Chairman's Notes that he has being ridiculed for, really was of the utmost importance.

As has been mention previously the money from the Wigan game, a direct debit ST contribution is due, there are a number of home fixtures this month and that a major stage payment from the EFL of Sky money are all on the horizon and one assumes would keep us going into February at least.

You could also chuck in maybe one or two sales in January - Beevers to Rangers, Vela to Leeds, for instance - to help keep us going (maybe even a loan back of Doidge to FGR perhaps!).

It seems unlikely to me therefore that Administration would be entered into now, no matter how many of the Twitter uneducated demand it to be done as presumably in their naivety to get shut of the Andersons.

Clearly we are not out of the woods yet - a long way from it I dare say - but I think money will be found to pay the players in the next week or so and Administration will be put off for a few more months and maybe by that time things may have changed for the better.

I do think though that Iles and the ST had advanced notice of the cash flow issue and thought it might be terminal for KA and have made a coordinated and concentrated effort to stir up the shit to make things become toxic and have done quite a good job at it too, mainly due to the fact that most people responding to them on Twitter and the Bolton News (and no doubt other forms of media that I don't follow such as Facebook), haven't the foggiest themselves of what is going on - and more to the point why - and slavishly flock to Iles clearly anti-Anderson banner because all their mates presumably do too.

The quicker Iles closes his Twitter account and keeps his personal opinions to himself and instead starts to report the news impartially in the paper that pays him to do so - the better for everyone including the club.

That's my take on things anyway.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Why on earth would Leeds by Vela when he is nowhere near a start for us at the moment?

And by the way do you think that struggling local newspapers pay journalists to be impartial or generate clicks?

I don't think you are daft Sluffy for a second, but you do come across a bit green. 

Just take control of Leeds under a bogus name, bid £50M for Vela, then retire once the contracts are signed. Have you never played Championship Manager? 

Edited by Cheese

2 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Why on earth would Leeds by Vela when he is nowhere near a start for us at the moment?

And by the way do you think that struggling local newspapers pay journalists to be impartial or generate clicks?

I don't think you are daft Sluffy for a second, but you do come across a bit green. 

I was making a general reference as to what might happen - not what would - in regards to transfers and used this from the close of the last transfer window at the start of the season by means of an example -

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16603146.bolton-say-leeds-and-rangers-targets-wont-be-leaving-on-loan/

I also think the paper needs the club to report on to generate the clicks (and thus view the adverts) more than the club needs the paper (particularly if they only wish to report on negativity all the time).  Eddie Davies had no time for Iles (Iles tells us that himself) and towards the end neither did Gartside.  Iles as clearly displeased Anderson as could be seen in his reply to Iles articles in his Chairman's Notes on Wednesday.  Maybe the "struggling local newspapers" owners will be less pleased with Iles if or when the club makes him a persona non gratas and is left with no stories to write to generate those clicks with?

I also would like to think he still has more of a belief in himself to aspire to be more than a click bait reporter - after all if that's all he wants to be these days then I'm sure a job could be found for him on the (almost totally never mention these days) Lion of Vienna blog site.

I appreciate your compliment but I think I'm a little bit too old these days to be seen as green, maybe old fashioned in my thinking might be nearer the mark perhaps?

If that being the case you might forgive me for not comprehending what the modern day equivalent of 'don't believe everything you read in the papers' is because it seems to me that many seem to take as gospel and without question anything Iles seems to say (and Iles seems to be unquestioning what clearly others with an agenda are feeding him) in this Social Media generation era.

Don't people question anymore what they are being fed on the BN 'click' focused site?  Do they not realise that not all the stories and tweets they read are always what the seem?  Do they really believe everything that is put in front of them?

It certainly seems that way judging on the comments Iles lovingly receives (and seemingly 'likes') on his personal twitter account.

If I were him I would be trying to find out the thoughts of the main creditors (Moonshift, James and Warburton) on how they see the current situation and the clubs immediate future, desperately building as close a tie as I possibly could with Mr Anderson to understand as much as he would be prepared to explain to me in confidence and generate as much positive vibe as I could for the club it is my job to report on - not petulantly pull up old player ratings and clearly not understood clips from previous years club accounts - in a childish attempt to imply the club owner is not to be trusted. 

Iles may well not trust him (along with the ST) but the ones that matter Eddie Davies, Michael James, the EFL, Holdsworth liquidator, et al, have - and they are that ones that really matter.

Maybe it is me that is out of step these days though - it certainly feels like it sometimes.

Edited by Sluffy
spelling errors

8 hours ago, Sluffy said:

I was making a general reference as to what might happen - not what would - in regards to transfers and used this from the close of the last transfer window at the start of the season by means of an example -

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16603146.bolton-say-leeds-and-rangers-targets-wont-be-leaving-on-loan/

I also think the paper needs the club to report on to generate the clicks (and thus view the adverts) more than the club needs the paper (particularly if they only wish to report on negativity all the time).  Eddie Davies had no time for Iles (Iles tells us that himself) and towards the end neither did Gartside.  Iles as clearly displeased Anderson as could be seen in his reply to Iles articles in his Chairman's Notes on Wednesday.  Maybe the "struggling local newspapers" owners will be less pleased with Iles if or when the club makes him a persona non gratas and is left with no stories to write to generate those clicks with?

I also would like to think he still has more of a belief in himself to aspire to be more than a click bait reporter - after all if that's all he wants to be these days then I'm sure a job could be found for him on the (almost totally never mention these days) Lion of Vienna blog site.

I appreciate your compliment but I think I'm a little bit too old these days to be seen as green, maybe old fashioned in my thinking might be nearer the mark perhaps?

If that being the case you might forgive me for not comprehending what the modern day equivalent of 'don't believe everything you read in the papers' is because it seems to me that many seem to take as gospel and without question anything Iles seems to say (and Iles seems to be unquestioning what clearly others with an agenda are feeding him) in this Social Media generation era.

Don't people question anymore what they are being fed on the BN 'click' focused site?  Do they not realise that not all the stories and tweets they read are always what the seem?  Do they really believe everything that is put in front of them?

It certainly seems that way judging on the comments Iles lovingly receives (and seemingly 'likes') on his personal twitter account.

If I were him I would be trying to find out the thoughts of the main creditors (Moonshift, James and Warburton) on how they see the current situation and the clubs immediate future, desperately building as close a tie as I possibly could with Mr Anderson to understand as much as he would be prepared to explain to me in confidence and generate as much positive vibe as I could for the club it is my job to report on - not petulantly pull up old player ratings and clearly not understood clips from previous years club accounts - in a childish attempt to imply the club owner is not to be trusted. 

Iles may well not trust him (along with the ST) but the ones that matter Eddie Davies, Michael James, the EFL, Holdsworth liquidator, et al, have - and they are that ones that really matter.

Maybe it is me that is out of step these days though - it certainly feels like it sometimes.

Your views would be of interest if you were in any way impartial, however that isn’t ever going to happen, yes Iles can come over as negative towards Anderson but I think it’s justifued.

I’m sure there’s plenty of other stuff Iles is privy to that he’s not sharing. Your continued defence  of Ken despite what clearly is his plan ( to sell the club for as much as he can, while investing nothing) is foolish and misguided. I don’t wish to get into debate with you as we’ve been there done that but your lack of impartiality and balanced view needs to be redressed. 

8 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Sluffy 2 excellent posts .

Iles isn't perfect, but he's clearly got contacts within the staff and the players, who are unhappy with the continued uncertainty around whether they're going to be paid every month. That's newsworthy. Ken has his platform for a response.

The first team still haven't been paid two days after Ken said it would be sorted, and over a week since their actual payday. If you think Iles should instead be trying to build 'positive vibes' and discussing who might play left back against Norwich, you've got your head in the sand.

22 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Iles isn't perfect, but he's clearly got contacts within the staff and the players, who are unhappy with the continued uncertainty around whether they're going to be paid every month. That's newsworthy. Ken has his platform for a response.

The first team still haven't been paid two days after Ken said it would be sorted, and over a week since their actual payday. If you think Iles should instead be trying to build 'positive vibes' and discussing who might play left back against Norwich, you've got your head in the sand.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, burnden said:

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko

Bolton. Pay solution in air. Pfa to pick up HALF of tab. Anderson the other half. Needs to be in fast. Players can walk if in default much longer.

Wonder where they think our lot could walk to? Can't imagine there'd be much of a queue for any of them in the Championship. Maybe Alnwick