Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

• Site Supporter
On 15 December 2018 at 21:18, frank_spencer said:

Doesn't help that every caller on GMR says 'I wasn't at the game but i listened on the radio and it didn't sound great, we need to spend money in January'. 

The club might have some money if the supporters actually went to the fucking games. 

Pretty much nail on head for me.

i know of at least 10 st holders who are currently choosing not to go, due to a combination of Apathy, shit football and bad atmosphere. Season tickets are paid for but there's £100-£150 on ale, pies etc that ain't getting spent.

17.5k on Saturday my arse.

Leeds had 4.5k granted, I'd hazard a guess at 10k Bolton tops...

so the missing ST holders must be into 000's

• Moderators

didn't make Wigan (3rd game missed this season), but was there v Leeds, was definitely looking sparse

I'm not boycotting it or anything and my preference is to go, but these days, if something else comes up, then I resist missing the footy far less than I used to

18 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Dont get the going missing metality fair enough if your on a promise or being showered in free ale but heyho shopping or watching 'come dine with me 'repeats isnt viable competition for having an angry ninety minute rant.

I was there Saturday but after 20 minutes I'd have swapped for pretty much anything. It was shite. And cold. And dull. But I'll be there next time. It is just what we do.

However, I do wonder if younger fans will eventually get fed up and abandon it. The past few home games haven't exactly had much to get excited about and overall the club is not exactly a vibrant exciting place. The 80s were grim but it feels like we're back there. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

2k spending £10 a pop £20k a home match

I hear it was 5k missing this week

but I know that me and those who go with me definitely don't spend £10 a match

a pint tops, if the mood takes us

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I hear it was 5k missing this week

but I know that me and those who go with me definitely don't spend £10 a match

a pint tops, if the mood takes us

It is easy to spend that; a semi cremated meat and tator brick, warmish pig scrapings in a dry, semi stale bit of bread, and a couple of over priced drinks, with no lid in case the lad chooses to launch it 150 yards into the away end and your money's gone.

It sure how much the club gets of it though.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It is easy to spend that; a semi cremated meat and tator brick, warmish pig scrapings in a dry, semi stale bit of bread, and a couple of over priced drinks, with no lid in case the lad chooses to launch it 150 yards into the away end and your money's gone.

though it's for exactly those reasons described that we generally don't bother

and the waiting time

but yeah, 2-5k STs not turning up will still hit the club in the pocket to some degree

50 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

(very) slightly more than fuck all. Approx 10% of the profit apparently, thanks to the great deal the previous regime did. Lump sum "facility" fee up front and a small cut of profits.

3 hours ago, Piemon said:

Im still going as my 6yo still wants to. if he didnt it would probably be a different story. Its hard to watch week in week out.

i admire him though he still wants to go :)

He just wants some quality time with his Dad!

3 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

If popular rumour be believed, our hero has borrowed £1.5m secured against EFL's January money due to Wanderers at what has been described as 'massive' interest rates to cover November and December's wage payments to staff and players.

Sounds about right; same bloke, same pub?

12 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

If popular rumour be believed, our hero has borrowed £1.5m secured against EFL's January money due to Wanderers at what has been described as 'massive' interest rates to cover November and December's wage payments to staff and players.

By Christ we could do with a £6m sale this January. 

15 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

So?

What was he supposed to do, if he didn't have the money?