Jump to content
Donate to keep the site running Read more... ×
Subscribe - contribute monthly Read more... ×
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Lostock Whites

King Ken

Recommended Posts

I supported Bolton all through the dark times in the 80s but strangely whats happening now feels a whole lot worse,

its probably down to social media and seeing everything that happens every day in black and white, I miss the bubble we used to live in and my total ignorance of what was going on behind the scenes :thumbsdown:

Edited by Biganddaft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To all you asking for admin - its not a magic solution you know even taling into account 12 point deduction / relegation

Firstly we need someone prepared to invest  to take us out of admin, and be prepared to do a deal with the Administrator for assets - ground hotel training pitch etc - Administrator may get a better offer for the hotel - thus minimising income stream for future owner

Trade creditors then whistle for what they are owed

Not sure what happens to players - they may be able to walk away from contracts

Not sure what happens to season ticket holders who have paid up in advance

And we still need someone to take on a club losing money on a weekly basis

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is going to pay the administrator? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

To all you asking for admin - its not a magic solution you know even taling into account 12 point deduction / relegation

Firstly we need someone prepared to invest  to take us out of admin, and be prepared to do a deal with the Administrator for assets - ground hotel training pitch etc - Administrator may get a better offer for the hotel - thus minimising income stream for future owner

Trade creditors then whistle for what they are owed

Not sure what happens to players - they may be able to walk away from contracts

Not sure what happens to season ticket holders who have paid up in advance

And we still need someone to take on a club losing money on a weekly basis

 

im sure 'go into admin' is an option on some computer game, which is about as near to real life plenty of those clamouring for ken out, admin in, have ever got

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the feeling Ken is going to walk away, some of the comments on twitter are just unbelievable, some people don't have a clue what they are on about. One idiot moaning that Ken isn't putting any money in but admits he doesn't go himself, fuck off!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, darrener said:

I get the feeling Ken is going to walk away, some of the comments on twitter are just unbelievable, some people don't have a clue what they are on about. One idiot moaning that Ken isn't putting any money in but admits he doesn't go himself, fuck off!!!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of us true fans don't want administration but we all have to admit it's a distinct possibility atm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I’d sooner take the admin now rather than start league 1 in minus points 

This won’t be like last time we went down 

Christ I'd rather we avoid admin at all costs.....it could kill the club for good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, darrener said:

I get the feeling Ken is going to walk away, some of the comments on twitter are just unbelievable, some people don't have a clue what they are on about. One idiot moaning that Ken isn't putting any money in but admits he doesn't go himself, fuck off!!!! 

 

The idea Ken will give up his chance at a decent payoff because of a mean tweet is as mad as believing the players are underperforming because of ratings in the Bolton News.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

 

The idea Ken will give up his chance at a decent payoff because of a mean tweet is as mad as believing the players are underperforming because of ratings in the Bolton News.

aye, if there's one thing we've learnt over the past couple of years, it's that KA doesn't give a fuck what people think about how he goes about his business

as for twitter, LA doesn't seem to care either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biganddaft said:

If this carries on its going to get very toxic at the next home game, sad days

You'd think so, but it never really does go that way does it

Edited by Marc505

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Christ I'd rather we avoid admin at all costs.....it could kill the club for good. 

I’m pretty sure people don’t have any idea whatsoever as to what administration entails.

Its not the holy grail. If people think we’ve had dark times recently just wait till that happens.

Then the shit will really will hit the fan. We’ll be in league 2 within 3 seasons with 5k on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

You'd think so, but it never really does go that way does it

if we're getting bummed by Leeds, people will just get up and leave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Christ I'd rather we avoid admin at all costs.....it could kill the club for good. 

Spot on. It would be a disaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

if we're getting bummed by Leeds, people will just get up and leave

We're a strange group of fans, can't work out if we're really tolerant or really lazy.

I remember that game v Brentford (?) a few seasons ago where there was talk it could have been our last game before going to pot and a call to arms went out. Gate was worse than the previous one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

 

The idea Ken will give up his chance at a decent payoff because of a mean tweet is as mad as believing the players are underperforming because of ratings in the Bolton News.

Well said. I’d hazard a guess he’d be like a bloke in the pub who didn’t buy a round. His mates knew it and were calling him. If he got to the end of the night round buying free he would be buzzing. Otherwise known as a Yorkshireman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Whatever people's opinions of Ken, Iles, the ST, the rest of the fans, the players etc, the club is in absolute disarray. 

I just hope when (please be when not if) we come out the other side of this we're not left with a generation of fans at each others throats.

It has been for what, 3 years now?

Im just so fucking bored of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

You'd think so, but it never really does go that way does it

your probably right, I can remember fans in the 80s invading the pitch after we got relegated to division 4, seems to be a lot of apathy around these days

not that i am condoning invading the pitch or even demonstrating with an old bed sheet dont see what purpose that will serve except for letting off steam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tarian1979 said:

Still not been paid. Christ. Joker

I doubt there's any joking going on or games being played for that matter.

The simple fact appears to be that there's no money to pay them with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

I doubt there's any joking going on or games being played for that matter.

The simple fact appears to be that there's no money to pay them with.

To be pedantic (and I apologise for being so), there may well be enough money to pay the players but if they are paid, that in turn triggers payments to HMRC (tax and NI deductions) and the combined cost of the two (plus whatever other debts are scheduled for payments) may not be there.  Most of the players being in the highest tax band I would presume.

This would explain the apparent rumour of the wages offered to be paid in instalments presumably based on what monies are available to satisfy both the players and meet the subsequent requirement of HMRC at the same time.

I mention it now before no doubt some nutjob or other (if they've not done so already) questions why the Wigan gate money and/or the latest Direct Debit instalment haven't been used to pay the wages/bonuses.  Maybe KA was actually stating a truism in his recent Chairman's briefing that the 'missing' 2,000 fans money did indeed impact upon the clubs ability to pay the players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Christ I'd rather we avoid admin at all costs.....it could kill the club for good. 

Truth is nobody knows the full implications (well no doubt there’s an expert on here)

could being wound up not kill the club if no investors step forward? 

Edited by radcliffewhite1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Truth is nobody knows the full implications 

could being wound up not kill the club of no investors step forward? 

Might be wrong but was there not an American billionaire ready to buy the last time admin was mooted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.