Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

• Moderators

chesterfield was the highest in years at 23400

2nd in league and £5

How possibly are we going to get anywhere near 20k we ain’t, not even if ken picked and dropped every fucker off

we are not, obvs

but if even 500 buy in, it makes a difference

hes nowt to lose, really

you'll get some sensitive souls taking offence but its quite clearly not aimed at the folk who do turn up

we are not, obvs

hes nowt to lose, really

you'll get some sensitive souls taking offence but its quite clearly not aimed at the folk who do turn up

agree mate

It’s the old boys who came in droves last season for Jolly boys aways

People I know who don’t do home games it fucks me off no end

• Moderators

we are not, obvs

hes nowt to lose, really

aye, but they (we) are the only ones listening

them that aren't coming to the game don't give a fuck what he says, if they're even aware

Generally speaking its the folk who aren't going who are getting their knickers in a twist about what KA saying.

Its fucking obvious that if more folk go, there is more money in the coffers.

Not quite sure how some people can have a pop at him for stating the obvious.

Edited by jimmyjoojar

• Moderators

aye, but they (we) are the only ones listening

them that aren't coming to the game don't give a fuck what he says, if they're even aware

check the ben comments

but yeah, his comments wont matter a toss to the flying flute (or whichever shit hole they hang about in) brigade

• Site Supporter

Correct and we got a few more bums on seats off the back of this!

Our crowds hold up well. Been done to death this but the folk that support us aren't the problem.

I'm wondering if ken did sufficient homework. Surely he didn't expect crowds of 20k plus this season?

Moreover given the difficulties, we were always likely to struggle a little (or a lot) which doesn't help crowds.

Like you say, this has been done to death, personally I'm not arsed about crowds- we get what we get and no point moaning about it- but a discussion recently on radio five had one commentator talking about a chat he'd had with a west brom fan. The fan had reacted to pulis being sacked and said we just want to have some fun!

Whether die hards etc like it or not, the match experience isn't yet that good, keep winning and developing and that may well change.

This isn't a dig at Parky etc; I'm sure he's doing his best; its just the reality of the situation.

Some of the comments on the BN story are staggering, wanting admission for a tenner - I paid the same as that on Saturday to watch Athy Colls away to Scarborough!

As much as I think KA is barking up the wrong tree given our historical average at this level, he’s not too far off the mark then folk are more than happy to moan about results/style of football/Parky without even rolling up to watch it in the first place.

I'm wondering if ken did sufficient homework. Surely he didn't expect crowds of 20k plus this season?

Moreover given the difficulties, we were always likely to struggle a little (or a lot) which doesn't help crowds.

Like you say, this has been done to death, personally I'm not arsed about crowds- we get what we get and no point moaning about it- but a discussion recently on radio five had one commentator talking about a chat he'd had with a west brom fan. The fan had reacted to pulis being sacked and said we just want to have some fun!

Whether die hards etc like it or not, the match experience isn't yet that good, keep winning and developing and that may well change.

This isn't a dig at Parky etc; I'm sure he's doing his best; its just the reality of the situation.

They want "fun" so long as they stay up and win! If they don't suddenly they won't be so happy. 

• Moderators

check the ben comments

but yeah, his comments wont matter a toss to the flying flute (or whichever shit hole they hang about in) brigade

Robert Burgess
WhiteSince63
Balboa

they wouldn't go to a game if LA picked them up and Kathy gave them a blowjob en route to the ground

you'd think that if ED is still willing to help out with wages now and again, he'd have given KA some free advice on what areas he should, and shouldn't, focus on to generate more revenue

but I suspect he already has, and as said, this is just KA going through the motions ahead of trying to generate some January sales

I know it's  not aimed at me, as I go every home game, but I still don't like the suggestion that we'd doing better if more fans turned up, it's patronizing at best

if he's here to make £5M out of a sale if rumours are to be believed, he's doing the minimum of what you'd expect anyone to do in his position to try and get a sale, and I don't blame him for not putting any of his own cash in, but, just don't trot out predictable lines such as this

I'd prefer if it he came out and said we'll sell players at the right price in January to keep things going - it's not going to stop anyone going to the game who's going already

check the ben comments

The BN comments section is like an electric fence

I know I shouldn’t go there but something strangely draws me in

Then I hate myself for doing so

Proof if was ever needed that some people shouldn’t be allowed near the internet

Robert Burgess
WhiteSince63
Balboa

they wouldn't go to a game if LA picked them up and Kathy gave them a blowjob en route to the ground

you'd think that if ED is still willing to help out with wages now and again, he'd have given KA some free advice on what areas he should, and shouldn't, focus on to generate more revenue

but I suspect he already has, and as said, this is just KA going through the motions ahead of trying to generate some January sales

I know it's  not aimed at me, as I go every home game, but I still don't like the suggestion that we'd doing better if more fans turned up, it's patronizing at best

if he's here to make £5M out of a sale if rumours are to be believed, he's doing the minimum of what you'd expect anyone to do in his position to try and get a sale, and I don't blame him for not putting any of his own cash in, but, just don't trot out predictable lines such as this

I'd prefer if it he came out and said we'll sell players at the right price in January to keep things going - it's not going to stop anyone going to the game who's going already

I dont think KA needs any tips off ED about generating revenue. Ken is a mllion times more savvy than ED ever was.  

Pretty sure Sweaty Ken would be happier if we were getting over 15k.

Thats how I'd see it too.

For around 25% of fans to have stopped going to regular home games in recent years is something that needs changing

I think most fans still go but also miss more matches with more midweek games and lesser quality opposition than when we were in the premier league.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

I dont think KA needs any tips off ED about generating revenue. Ken is a mllion times more savvy than ED ever was.  

not turning this into an ED V KA debate, but ED has probably made millions more than KA ever will, which is as good a  benchmark as any

ED knew crowds weren't the way forward, that's why he (apparently) told Alladyce to do one when he came to the board with a business plan to generate more revenue to buy the likes of Alan Smith for a CL push, with raising ticket prices being top of the list