Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think Parky gets until January by then hopefully we’ve turned it round and got a cushion from the bottom 3.

Hope you are right but I doubt it my only hope now is that Ameobi gets fit and stays fit and Ireland hits the type of form he showed a few seasons ago.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I can't see there's any chance of us potting Parky given our current financial plight. 

For those who want rid - would you be happy to lose one of our few saleable assets (Pav/Vela/Ameobi) for a million to fund it? 

I doubt it'd cost a million to pot him

12 month rolling contract?

No way he's on 20-25k a week

7 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I doubt it'd cost a million to pot him

12 month rolling contract?

No way he's on 20-25k a week

I don't think it would be too far off - there'd be some kind of compo - plus remaining wages. For him and most of his backroom staff. Plus there's then the cost of bringing the new bloke in. 

Maybe I'm wide of the mark - but I can't see it being particularly cheap. What do you reckon - money wise? 

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

I can't see there's any chance of us potting Parky given our current financial plight. 

For those who want rid - would you be happy to lose one of our few saleable assets (Pav/Vela/Ameobi) for a million to fund it? 

Just out of interest how much would the club lose with relegation? surely makes more financial sense to get a manager in that can prevent that happening, because in my opinion Parkinson will not keep us up again this time around.

Just now, DomRepWanderer said:

Just out of interest how much would the club lose with relegation? surely makes more financial sense to get a manager in that can prevent that happening, because in my opinion Parkinson will not keep us up again this time around.

See I still think we'll stay up with Parky. Not sure how much we'd stand to lose if we went down. Likely more than a million I suppose. But all that is irrelevant unless you've the money in the pot to pay him off anyway - which I doubt we have. 

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I don't think it would be too far off - there'd be some kind of compo - plus remaining wages. For him and most of his backroom staff. Plus there's then the cost of bringing the new bloke in. 

Maybe I'm wide of the mark - but I can't see it being particularly cheap. What do you reckon - money wise? 

To be honest I was only thinking of him, so fair point re other staff, not sure how many staff we are talking but for PP alone I'd have thought 250k maybe?

I can't imagine KA would have PP on a contract which means he can't afford to get rid if required

Probably just as likely to sack him and not pay him off

I'd be surprised if we had to sell a player to get rid with the alternative being doing nothing and getting relegated to avoid a hefty compo bill

Edited by ZicoKelly

54 minutes ago, kent_white said:

A million sounds a bit high, but not way over, would be my uninformed guess.

1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Ken is as slippery as a Canvey Island eel

His moment of truth will come the next time we are issued with a winding up order 

As for sacking Parky dont make me laugh! 

More chance of Parky walking away imo.

I’m not sure why any winding up deal will be a moment of truth as there is no way it won’t be settled, that is unless Ken has had enough and thinks he can’t find a buyer.