Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Now you see the truth, many fans have stupidly and unreservedly backed Ken.

Sadly it’s all turning to shit, thank fuck the ACV was secured and let’s hope we don’t need the ST but if we do at least it’s a short term vehicle to protect the club while something else comes along. 

ken hasnt been unreservedly backed

hes been backed as the only horse in the race

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

If the rumours are true that are eminating from the club we won’t make it through jan unless we have a fire sale.

After that we wouldn’t get through feb.

The game is nearly up for Ken imo. 

appears that way

he might have done a good job up to now in keeping the club going, but not if it the job mostly involves avoiding paying wages and bills whenever possible to the point of winding up orders and strikes

it still remains to be seen how much has been paid in consultancy fees since the start of the 2017/18 season, but I suspect he'll be long gone before we find out (i.e. the accounts) - think that's when we'll be able to see whether it's been a selfless task keeping the club from going under

• Moderators
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Unfortunately the market is already saturated and foreign billionaires won’t fancy buying a club ten miles away from biggest club in the world and Man City with 12k attendances.   

I agree to an extent, but someone saw something in Wigan who are in the same boat as us pretty much (minus the debt, which we now don't have)

there's something putting folk of us, even Barnsley found investment

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I saw the truth from the beginning ffs 

KA’s job was to balance the books and spin plates till investment came. He’s done that with success so far. It just can’t carry on, we don’t have a Gary Madine or ED now. We either get investment elsewhere or admin is a distinct possibility. 

KA has openly and repeatedly stated every fucking week we need more money. I really don’t know what people expect. 

To quote Traf, to me and you KA is an extremely rich man. In football club owner terms he’s a dosser. 

We just don’t have enough money to pay the bills. We are small club, on a small budget, paying for premier league facilities and trying to compete in a league with a bunch of giants. It just doesn’t compute.

listen to what the former Wigan owner says above and just think of the job KA or any other owner coming in has on his hands. We need £10m just to switch the lights on ffs.

Folk need to realise the size of club we are and shite revenue we actually create. We need a billionaire not a Ken Anderson to survive at this level. 

Unfortunately the market is already saturated and foreign billionaires won’t fancy buying a club ten miles away from biggest club in the world and Man City with 12k attendances.   

Well put very much my thoughts 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sadly it’s all turning to shit, thank fuck the ACV was secured and let’s hope we don’t need the ST but if we do at least it’s a short term vehicle to protect the club while something else comes along. 

Aye thank fuck funds cant be raised against a stadium far too big and expensive to run for our needs.  If it wasnt for that we'd have no where to watch some shit boy band lip sync to generic bollocks after I've been to watch Athy Colls next year.

2 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Id rather wait until the full truthfull picture emerges rather than speculate on lles's rumours. He obviously has an agenda against Anderson and the club and regularly speculates negatively on rumour and half truths.

Exactly......we all know that there are financial difficulties at the club that long predate the arrival of Mr Anderson, but Iles clearly has an agenda against KA & is just throwing more & more shit, in the hope that some of it sticks.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bolton va va said:

Exactly......we all know that there are financial difficulties at the club that long predate the arrival of Mr Anderson, but Iles clearly has an agenda against KA & is just throwing more & more shit, in the hope that some of it sticks.

To be fair, KA has been painting a picture for the last few months that things had turned around to a degree whilst having pops at the like of Iles via his column 

Now he's on the ropes, Iles probably smells blood as it were, whether he's right or not is irrelevant really and of no consequence

His shit stirring won't stop any sales or affect moral within the club

It's up to KA to set us straight, as he has done in the past

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Now you see the truth, many fans have stupidly and unreservedly backed Ken.

Must admit, as well as he seems to have done initially, what happened to all this living within our means?

There are none of the very high paid players left, and its now very much pp's team, with Ken's backing.

All the supposed cost cutting, but apparently we can't fund ourselves month to month. I know crowds are down, but surely some contingency for such an event was made when planning financially.

I do worry, that Ken may be getting a touch of the Lennon's and shrugging his shoulders as the world caves in.

• Members
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

KA’s job was to balance the books and spin plates till investment came. He’s done that with success so far. It just can’t carry on, we don’t have a Gary Madine or ED now. We either get investment elsewhere or admin is a distinct possibility. 

KA has openly and repeatedly stated every fucking week we need more money. I really don’t know what people expect. 

To quote Traf, to me and you KA is an extremely rich man. In football club owner terms he’s a dosser. 

We just don’t have enough money to pay the bills. We are small club, on a small budget, paying for premier league facilities and trying to compete in a league with a bunch of giants. It just doesn’t compute.

listen to what the former Wigan owner says above and just think of the job KA or any other owner coming in has on his hands. We need £10m just to switch the lights on ffs.

Folk need to realise the size of club we are and shite revenue we actually create. We need a billionaire not a Ken Anderson to survive at this level. 

Nail on head

• Site Supporter

This repeated comment that the stadium costs too much to run- is there genuine evidence for this?

I remember at the time of its construction (we weren't a premium team) that one of the aims was to have a multi purpose stadium that provided extra revenue, thus being far more useful than Burnden.

This is at odds with the assertion that it is costing us money.

Where's the reality?

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This repeated comment that the stadium costs too much to run- is there genuine evidence for this?

I remember at the time of its construction (we weren't a premium team) that one of the aims was to have a multi purpose stadium that provided extra revenue, thus being far more useful than Burnden.

This is at odds with the assertion that it is costing us money.

Where's the reality?

Ken has very much pushed the use of the stadium for none football activity something that PG never really took advantage of imo. 

Last season ED was around to stump up short term cash. Now sadly that isn't the case. 

Without Eddie and the madine money we could have gone bump a long time ago. 

Anderson has also brought in extra sponsors this utility company being the latest and going on our shorts. 

We are still struggling to pay for stuff. And with the footy being so shite it's hard to generate more through gate receipts. 

Until Ken finds a buyer we're going to be walking that knife edge of going bump. 

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

You saw the truth? but you was against the trust securing the ACV, peculiar position to take if you saw the truth.  

3 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Until Ken finds a buyer we're going to be walking that knife edge of going bump. 

But the buyers are waiting for us to go bump before stepping in. Its inevitable. We just needed to have amassed a lot more points to cushion the 12 point deduction. If that comes now it'll be fatal.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

We are more than 10 miles from Madrid

• Site Supporter

Frank; I've been to toy fairs at the stadium well before Ken's time. Other events have taken place during this time.

I can't comment on just how much these facilities are used, either then or now, but surely having them is no bad thing?

I'd be interested to see how off field income and profit compares to on field.

27 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Frank; I've been to toy fairs at the stadium well before Ken's time. Other events have taken place during this time.

I can't comment on just how much these facilities are used, either then or now, but surely having them is no bad thing?

Wonder how much the concerts and rugby brought in 

27 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's seems that Ken has kicked the use of the stadium up a notch. 

Not just the toy and craft fairs that went on before. But the concerts every year, sportsman's dinners, etc.

I know garty had the darts too. 

The issue is that despite the increase in the use of the facilities we are still not making enough money and thats worrying 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

It's seems that Ken has kicked the use of the stadium up a notch. 

Not just the toy and craft fairs that went on before. But the concerts every year, sportsman's dinners, etc.

I know garty had the darts too. 

The issue is that despite the increase in the use of the facilities we are still not making enough money and thats worrying 

Absolutely. Begs the question why?

Have we simply too many playing staff, are we still paying too much?

Interesting listening to the Wigan interview; maybe all clubs need to start looking far more closely at what they offer players.

After all, only a few clubs can pay higher wages, so they would have to accept that they can't be paid as highly as they'd like.

I thought FFP was meant that help with this, doesn't seem to be.