Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

• Site Supporter

I'm so confused.

We have no money. Agreed?

Ken (the club) is not paying bills that are due. Because we have no money.

And Ken is getting it from all angles now, from both barrells.

Sorry, but can somebody please tell me what I've missed. As if we have money, how do we pay?

Under previous ownership, the owner would have bailed us out. And yet he got stick. Now the current owner can't afford to do that, so he doesn't , yet he gets even more stick.

I am so fucking confused.

Now I am not saying ken isn't being a cunt in business terms, and it certainly isn't the way I would go about business generally. But all I care about it bwfc being solvent, so I am really not too concerned about how we go about that. Providing it's all above board of course. Folk may not like these tactics but I wonder what their thoughts ken said "fuck it" and folded. Probably blame him for that too.

I honestly see no way forward here. We are seriously fucked. 

Edited by HomerJay

• Moderators

I,

25 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

I'm so confused.

Sorry, but can somebody please tell me what I've missed. As if we have money, how do we pay?

Under previous ownership, the owner would have bailed us out. And yet he got stick. Now the current owner can't afford to do that, so he doesn't , yet he gets even more stick.

I think the word you're looking for is obtuse

2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

We have no money but he pays himself and son 650k does not fulfill promises to other clubs when agreeing loan deals Norwich and forest green basically a chancer . Martyn zeigler from the times newspaper getting stuck into Ken now 

He didn't pay himself or his son 650K

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

We have no money but he pays himself and son 650k does not fulfill promises to other clubs when agreeing loan deals Norwich and forest green basically a chancer . Martyn zeigler from the times newspaper getting stuck into Ken now 

I thought we clarified (to a point) that payment. And the fact that we can't actually pinpoint the money went to ken. Or again, have I missed something as a don't read everything on here these days.

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Not that it’s definite by any stretch of the imagination but NB confirmed to me yesterday KA bought the club for around £150k and so far as of yesterday had invested circa £2m of his own money. Outside of the money lent then secured against the club 

so when he refers to “his money” you could strongly say it is this. 

As said above by someone else, I’ve backed him. Not backed him personally but whichever unfortunate fucker was responsible for trying to navigate us out of this shit and avoid admin at all costs had my support. In spite of his dodgy ness, upsetting all and sundry, antagonising any one he came in contact with. Because for me, it was A means to an end. Safeguarding my club. However he went about it didn’t matter. 

I bought in to his words, his statements about doing what was best for the club. But, slowly but surely it’s started to unravel and today demonstrates everything about how he actually feels. 

I was wrong. Not wrong for backing someone who was trying to save the club. Wrong for believeing that Cnut was the man to do it. 

Do I want admin like these other clowns? No. I also know I don’t want him. What’s the solution? I have no fucking idea

Not about who is right or wrong pal, just glad he's been exposed and we can all look at getting him gone. Hopefully brings everyone together!

48 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

I'm so confused.

Now I am not saying ken isn't being a cunt in business terms, and it certainly isn't the way I would go about business generally. But all I care about it bwfc being solvent, so I am really not too concerned about how we go about that. Providing it's all above board of course. Folk may not like these tactics but I wonder what their thoughts ken said "fuck it" and folded. Probably blame him for that too.

I mean agreeing to contracts when we can’t afford those players is not ‘above board’. This isn’t Ken trying to get out of bad contracts the last lot agreed. This is him signing players we had no means to pay for. Or pay their wages as agreed. 

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I mean agreeing to contracts when we can’t afford those players is not ‘above board’. This isn’t Ken trying to get out of bad contracts the last lot agreed. This is him signing players we had no means to pay for. Or pay their wages as agreed. 

This isnt in defence of KA, but maybe a view into it...  He may have thought the magical 20,000 average attendance figure was more than achievable which would have kept his head above the water and covered the loans...  I am sure this will be where the blame gets given once this gets settled one way or another (its a reasonable justification in some parts)

Edited by SalfordOriginal

28 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

If ken did (and it's unclear if he did) take that money, it was well over a year ago now, so probably had little bearing on this recent deal going tits up.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We lose money every month don't we. Which actually makes us insolvent technically, therefore in general business you shouldnt really committing to any expenditure. But in the crazy world of football, you can trade like this legally. 

So again, ken (as slippery as he is) still actually doing nothing illegal. (That we know of yet) Do I agree with it, of course not. But again , I want my club to survive.

2 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

We lose money every month don't we. Which actually makes us insolvent technically, therefore in general business you shouldnt really committing to any expenditure. But in the crazy world of football, you can trade like this legally. 

So again, ken (as slippery as he is) still actually doing nothing illegal. (That we know of yet) Do I agree with it, of course not. But again , I want my club to survive.

What he’s doing is a breach of the rules. It’s why we are in an embargo. And there may be further sanction to follow.

We will be in admin soon - Ken hasn’t done what he promised. We are no better off than when he came. Worse off actually. 

59 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

I'm so confused.

You'll not get it then if you don't now!

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

We will be in admin soon - Ken hasn’t done what he promised. We are no better off than when he came. Worse off actually. 

I'm certainly not defending him, but you're wrong.
He stepped in just before a liquidation hearing, not an administration one.

You only come back from one of those two.

11 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

So if you lent someone £100 till he got paid on the proviso he would pay you back but then didn't claiming he's not broken any laws, would you accept it.or think he's a cunt