Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

There is a difference between 'OK' and how things have to be. 

We are skint and living hand to mouth, not sure if you have ever lived like that. But in this instance we owe FGR and Norwich money, we have limited cash and have other bills to pay. However we know that in a couple of weeks we are due a bit load of cash from EFL. They will knock off what we owe the other clubs and that will be taken care of , we get what is left. So we ignore them and let the EFL sort it.

Any of that you disagree with ?

Next bit speculation - KA has decided he does not want to spend £1M on Doidge, by taking the approach he has FGR pull out of the deal so the transfer payments are no longer due and he stays there. Pretty shit for the lad but purely from a BWFC perspective is it the right thing to do ?

If you want to have a discussion about the morals of it all and impact on the name of the club that is one thing and everyone agrees it aint great BUT please tell me the alternative ? KA is a snake/shark/shithouse whatever you want to call him, but again please tell me the alternative ?

If we couldn't afford the £30K then we surely, had no intention of ever paying the larger fee? 

The point is that yes, we're strapped and hand to mouth. But then we shouldn't have signed Doidge in that position - if we couldn't pay for it. I'd fully respect KA saying we cannot afford to sign more players and that is it.....what I don't respect is him making out we're fine, saying Doidge was 100% our player, then it (and Matthews) unravelling as its revealed we've not paid a penny. If that is because we cannot afford it then he should have been honest in the first place and not done those deals. If that is because he's just playing a game of brinkmanship - then again - where has that got us?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Ani said:

There is a difference between 'OK' and how things have to be. 

We are skint and living hand to mouth, not sure if you have ever lived like that. But in this instance we owe FGR and Norwich money, we have limited cash and have other bills to pay. However we know that in a couple of weeks we are due a bit load of cash from EFL. They will knock off what we owe the other clubs and that will be taken care of , we get what is left. So we ignore them and let the EFL sort it.

Any of that you disagree with ?

Next bit speculation - KA has decided he does not want to spend £1M on Doidge, by taking the approach he has FGR pull out of the deal so the transfer payments are no longer due and he stays there. Pretty shit for the lad but purely from a BWFC perspective is it the right thing to do ?

If you want to have a discussion about the morals of it all and impact on the name of the club that is one thing and everyone agrees it aint great BUT please tell me the alternative ? KA is a snake/shark/shithouse whatever you want to call him, but again please tell me the alternative ?

This is where I am. All these fuckers saying 'enough is enough'  - what are they proposing? Who will run the club? KA wants out of the club, we all know that. I suspect he knows that he isn't going to make the £5m+ that he aimed for & would cut & run asap, minimising any losses personally. Any protest is futile & a fucking embarrassment. I'll be protesting against the protesters - I'll need to walk away or risk raising my blood pressure against wankers wearing our colours.

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If we couldn't afford the £30K then we surely, had no intention of ever paying the larger fee? 

The point is that yes, we're strapped and hand to mouth. But then we shouldn't have signed Doidge in that position - if we couldn't pay for it. I'd fully respect KA saying we cannot afford to sign more players and that is it.....what I don't respect is him making out we're fine, saying Doidge was 100% our player, then it (and Matthews) unravelling as its revealed we've not paid a penny. If that is because we cannot afford it then he should have been honest in the first place and not done those deals. If that is because he's just playing a game of brinkmanship - then again - where has that got us?

It is cashflow. We have £100 a month spend and every so often we get £500 from EFL. Certain creditors (say HMRC) get priority FGR do not.

We get the lump sum from EFL and FGR are sorted.

The alternative would have been not to sign the player at all so we weaken the squad or live on the edge, would anyone on Twitter be happy if we had signed no one ?

He scored at Rotherham getting us a point and knocking 2 off them without that we are 6 points behind them instead off 3...good business ? 

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Ani said:

It is cashflow. We have £100 a month spend and every so often we get £500 from EFL. Certain creditors (say HMRC) get priority FGR do not.

We get the lump sum from EFL and FGR are sorted.

The alternative would have been not to sign the player at all so we weaken the squad or live on the edge, would anyone on Twitter be happy if we had signed no one ?

He scored at Rotherham getting us a point and knocking 2 off them without that we are 6 points behind them instead off 3...good business ? 

What does it matter if people on twitter aren't happy?

Is that the justification now, we must do what we can to keep the Twitter mob happy?

As for being being good business - 1 goal in 17, so no, not at all

We'd have been better all off round playing top scorer Magennis, promoting hall or bringing in a free (edit: play ALF)

Those are the alternatives

Edited by ZicoKelly

10 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

This guy is evidently taking us backwards as a football club, not forwards. Parky did his job, got us promoted, kept us up, with almost no financial help. And Ken clearly hasn’t done his job properly, as we are in the news every minute, ie, club shop stock taken, players wages not paid, taking excessive wages or greed. And that’s only the last week!

Its your football club, respond how you wish. But me personally, I’ve had enough of Bolton being constantly bombarded with negativity, every week, and taking 1 step forwards, and 2 steps backwards each time.

Our fans have got to be up there, with the most patient fans in the country, as we’ve had to sit back, and take so much goddamn shit, from poor management from up above.

This tosser doesn’t give a shite about Bolton Wanderers, he didn’t before he came, and he won’t after he’s gone. But we will all still be here, till our deaths. So to make sure we have a proper club in the future, we need to get rid of this crook, Anderson out pleas

I understand your frustration but who is going to replace him? I think if we woke up tomorrow and Ken had sold the club to someone with considerably more money every single bolton fan would be happy but like it or lump it we are stuck with him. 

17 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Is that the justification now, we must do what we can to keep the Twitter mob happy?

We'd have been better all off round playing top scorer Magennis, promoting hall or bringing in a free

I don't know if it's been mentioned already, apologies if it has but one thing jumped out of the vince interview. It mentions that doidge was under played and everything wasn't rosy in the garden doidge also mentioned in a recent interview about the different way he was asked to play under parkinson, could it be possible that doidge was maybe having second thoughts about the deal and asked vince if there was anyway he could get out of it? Just a thought! 

Ken is a bit of a cunt and doesn't care who knows it while vince is probably a cunt but wants to give the impression he's a great guy. 

Plus he's a vegan and they are all cunts!! 

Saying "who will replace Ken" is somewhat an arbitrary argument. Given Ken owns us for the price of £1 and has taken half a million out of the business. Yes he's facilitated a loan from ED to keep us going but as we know, ultimately he'll not pay a penny back.

Were Ken investing modest amounts of his own cash into the business on a permanent or even semi-permanent basis I'd have so much sympathy with the "well who else will do it" argument. But he's simply trying to keep us afloat long enough so he profits. That is fine, it is how business works - BUT in doing so he's not being honest with fans and is also doing precisely what he criticised PG for. Signing players on deals we cannot afford, and trying to kick the can down the road. 

If he just was honest and said we've got to live within our means and did that - he couldn't be criticised. 

32 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

We'd have been better all off round playing top scorer Magennis, promoting hall or bringing in a free (edit: play ALF)

No they are the alternatives based on how he has performed. lets assume we do not have a time machine. (That sounds dead patronising but is not meant to !!)

Everyone agreed we needed a striker, the fact Doidge might not be good enough is different argument than is the way the financials around the deal have been handled.

I agree that it would be great to ignore the twitter mob, but the uproar on this issue is being driven by them.

34 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Don’t sign the lad, find someone much cheaper or promote one of the kids 

OK should have said find an alternative that does not weaken the team.

As per the comment to Zico, basing your view on what we think about his performances with hindsight was not a luxury we had.

If he had scored 17 in 17 and it came out Ken had done a dodgy deal to buy the wonder kid would people be reacting differently ? (I bet if had scored 17 in 17 we would have made the payments on time)

16 minutes ago, darrener said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned already, apologies if it has but one thing jumped out of the vince interview. It mentions that doidge was under played and everything wasn't rosy in the garden doidge also mentioned in a recent interview about the different way he was asked to play under parkinson, could it be possible that doidge was maybe having second thoughts about the deal and asked vince if there was anyway he could get out of it? Just a thought! 

Ken is a bit of a cunt and doesn't care who knows it while vince is probably a cunt but wants to give the impression he's a great guy. 

Plus he's a vegan and they are all cunts!! 

One thing that did cross my mind is that with the transfer window open, it suits FGR very well to get their record goal scorer back to help them with their promotion push without having to look elsewhere. Bit of a conspiracy theory but who knows?

Fed up hearing about the Supporters Trust and their BS.

I joined at the start and then resigned and unsubscribed from getting their e-mails which they continue to send me despite unsubscribing yet again.

I resigned because I sent an e-mail saying that I would chip in as part of a ST initiative when the Academy might have been reduced to Category 3 status. All I got back was a condescending e-mail so that was that.

We all know that the answer to the problems is cash which Anderson hasn't got. Can't see a saviour on the horizon so we might as well grin and bear it.

There's not many Championship clubs who aren't getting a parachute payment  who are in anything but a touch and go state.

6 minutes ago, Ani said:

OK should have said find an alternative that does not weaken the team.

That’s like saying PG was right to give Ben Amos such a ridiculous deal so close to us nearly going to the wall 

He wasn’t, it was crazy and it’s the sort of deal that we couldn’t afford that has lead to all this mess. Ken hasn’t stopped going on about the mess he inherited and how he’s trying to bring the club within it’s means. This deal was far from the club living within its means 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Ani said:

No they are the alternatives based on how he has performed. lets assume we do not have a time machine. (That sounds dead patronising but is not meant to !!)

Everyone agreed we needed a striker, the fact Doidge might not be good enough is different argument than is the way the financials around the deal have been handled.

I agree that it would be great to ignore the twitter mob, but the uproar on this issue is being driven by them.

no, they are alternatives based on what do when living hand to mouth

you go on like KA has no choice, but this was a situation of his own making - he looked at the big picture, assessed it and chose to enter into this deal and made promises / signed contracts - (I'm not talking about the moral obligaitons here, I'm talking about the businses side of things, the area that he's meant to be sorting out and making us attractive to buyers)

I doubt that all this has come about just because KA (or PP) has decided Doidge isn't up to it

if we're talking about the here and now, if KA has decided he actually doesn't want him, then I'd suggest he doesn't use his column to make on the deal could still be done if FGR can wait for the cash, because we and the player want the deal to go through

Just now, birch-chorley said:

That’s like saying PG was right to give Ben Amos such a ridiculous deal so close to us nearly going to the wall 

He wasn’t, it was crazy and it’s the sort of deal that we couldn’t afford that has lead to all this mess. Ken hasn’t stopped going on about the mess he inherited and how he’s trying to bring the club within it’s means. This deal was far from the club living within its means 

Sorry do not agree. Amos was a bizarre deal committing us to a long term massive salary.

Every signal is that once the EFL money lands it will be used by the EFL to settle the matter, so is really a cash flow issue. As mentioned if he had scored more goals in the last few months we would not be having this discussion. Amos could have been world class (or even able to see shots from outside the area) and we would have still been bankrupt.

1 minute ago, Ani said:

Sorry do not agree. Amos was a bizarre deal committing us to a long term massive salary.

Every signal is that once the EFL money lands it will be used by the EFL to settle the matter, so is really a cash flow issue. As mentioned if he had scored more goals in the last few months we would not be having this discussion. Amos could have been world class (or even able to see shots from outside the area) and we would have still been bankrupt.

The EFL money will be used to settle the unpaid wages for Doidge to FGR. FGR are taking us to court overt the transfer fee.....

If he'd scored more goals it would be worse as we'd have lost our top scorer......unless you are asserting that in that instance KA would have paid up...in which case it only makes it worse!

Edited by bwfcfan5

• Site Supporter

ken is paying whoever shouts loudest, and stretching funds as far as they will go. standard practice with companies short on cash... (i still dont understand the simpletons, who bark "just pay them"... what fantasy world with money trees do these guys live in??)

theres a saying "shit rolls downhill". mr doidge, fgr and their owner are at the bottom of the hill and getting fuck all at the minute, as ken saw them as least important.

this has bitten ken in the arse with vince going to the media. vince isnt stupid, he thinks this will get him higher up the pecking order for payment.

Edited by HomerJay

So Ken was “clever” in letting it be known to a smaller clubs star striker that we fancy buying him on the last day of the transfer window.

FGR owner is pissed off because he has to let his star man leave or he’s going to have a very unhappy striker on his books.

We have the upper hand in negotiations and therefore state that we’ll pay £1m, but it’s in £250k instalments, every 6 months but the 1st one won’t be until January. FGR owner is royally pissed off but agrees, again because we are playing the role of bigger club (we’ve been on the wrong end of it plenty of times). Straight away FGR owner is pissed off that he’s been done over.

According to both of them we were due to pay the 1st instalment on 3rd Jan when Doidge became permanent. According to Ken (and this bit may or may not be true) he spoke to Vince in August and explained we won’t be able to pay the 1st instalment until mid Jan when we get the EFL payment, he says this was verbally agreed, I suspect that is bending the truth as Vince already thinks the guy is a cock and I doubt he’d be too happy to help him out.

FGR hear of our payment issues over Nov-Dec because of the PFA loans and worry about their money, they give us a ring on the 2nd and ask if we’re still good to pay the next day. I’m presuming they got the answer “no, piss off, we told you back in August that we’re skint and you’ll get your cash when the EFL pay us in a few weeks”.

At this point Vince has decided it’s bollocks, we’ve defaulted on the contract and he wants his star man back.

There’s the added point that we haven’t reimbursed FGR for Doidge’s wages. We don’t know whether we agreed to pay these monthly or whether that was meant to be a payment at the same time as the 1st instalment. Vince was clever in stating that they have been paying his wages since he’s been here (but that might have been the original deal anyway). It’s unlikely and I suspect Ken has just decided that it’s not a payment that’s at the top of the list as Doidge is still getting paid and we’ll pay FGR eventually but we don’t actually know the terms for this.

I’m still not sure how I feel about this if it has actually happened like I think. I don’t think Ken should be entering deals that cost us £500k a year plus his wages when we’re clearly so strapped for cash, but then again if he had scored 10 already this season and we were close to a new owner at which point the cash problems wmould be sorted then all is well.

I think Vince has laid it on thick because he clearly doesn’t like KA but I also wouldn’t defend KA on it either.

21 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

no, they are alternatives based on what do when living hand to mouth

you go on like KA has no choice, but this was a situation of his own making - he looked at the big picture, assessed it and chose to enter into this deal and made promises / signed contracts - (I'm not talking about the moral obligaitons here, I'm talking about the businses side of things, the area that he's meant to be sorting out and making us attractive to buyers)

I doubt that all this has come about just because KA (or PP) has decided Doidge isn't up to it

if we're talking about the here and now, if KA has decided he actually doesn't want him, then I'd suggest he doesn't use his column to make on the deal could still be done if FGR can wait for the cash, because we and the player want the deal to go through

KA has acted like the ruthless/snake business man he is. 

The only thing different here to any other deal he has ever done is that the other party have kicked off in such a public way.

19 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The EFL money will be used to settle the unpaid wages for Doidge to FGR. FGR are taking us to court overt the transfer fee.....

If he'd scored more goals it would be worse as we'd have lost our top scorer......unless you are asserting that in that instance KA would have paid up...in which case it only makes it worse!

are they taking us to court ?

If there is an outstanding football debt thought that was paid by the EFL ? If he goes back to FGR will we be liable for the transfer fee ?

And yes I am saying of he scored more goals we would have found the money. Not sure how many times people have to tell you KA is a ruthless hard nosed business man. 

13 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

(i still dont understand the simpletons, who bark "just pay them"... what fantasy world with money trees do these guys live in??)

I think most people are of the thinking that we shouldn’t have bought him in the first place given the cash flow problem 

We’d rather live within our means and not risk going down an administration/ liquidation road rather than chance it on a player