Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

‘Mass’ demos being orgainsised for the Home game against WBA. Going off the FB groups it’s a close call between.

Throwing tennis balls

Throwing beach balls

throwing season tickets

wearing FG shirts

Turning your back on the team in the 9th min (Doidge number) 

Anderson out banners.

and numerous other ridiculous ideas.

We, Bolton Wanderers, without any shadow of a doubt have the mongiest fans in the land, and possibly the world. 

Back to Ken, is it true that any potential buyer has to pay 100k to look at the books? 

Fuck it lets organise a friendly with them, Doidge (God rest his soul) can play a half for each team.

But the last-minute collapse of the transfer has prompted an angry reaction from Forest Green chairman Dale Vince, and leaves Wanderers facing the threat of legal action after the striker was recalled by his parent club.

Mr Dale said Wanderers had failed to honour their financial obligations and did not pay Doidge during his four-month loan, saying that Rovers had continued to pay his wages.

Is he called Dale Vince or Vince Dale? Surely it can't be that difficult to get his name right?

Edited by dazl1212

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

What the fuck has it got to to with Colin Hendry and Princess Anne?

Seriously, who the fuck are those 2?

they look like school secretaries or something

anyway

this protest

I'm up for this if anyone else is:

• go in the club shop before, take a peice of clothing, don't pay for it, wear it to the match
  • order a pint and pie, don't pay for them, drink half, eat half, give it back
  • (spill some on your merchandise)
  • return merchandise to shop after match

it's miles better than any of the other ideas and gets the point across quite well I think

If you want to protest either don't go at all or don't go in for the first 10/15 minutes. Throwing stuff is infantile and likely to get you banned, protests inside the ground affect the players, and when it is all said and done, we want the team to win.

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

If you want to protest either don't go at all 

Plenty been doing that for years. 

Conveniently coincides with our slide from the prem. 

Glory hunting, peasanty, twitter protesting, hemp flannel supporting twatspatulas. 

Edited by stevieb

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Plenty been doing that for years. 

Conveniently coincides with our slide from the prem. 

Glory hunting, peasanty, twitter protesting, hemp flannel supporting twatspatulas. 

Correct 

see at least there’s one sensible lesbian in all of this 

16 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

they look like school secretaries or something

anyway

this protest

I'm up for this if anyone else is:

• go in the club shop before, take a peice of clothing, don't pay for it, wear it to the match
  • order a pint and pie, don't pay for them, drink half, eat half, give it back
  • (spill some on your merchandise)
  • return merchandise to shop after match

it's miles better than any of the other ideas and gets the point across quite well I think

Like a buy now pay later scheme that’s available on the high street. Yet if the product you get on the said scheme is shit and doesn’t work you just send back before you have  to pay anything :)

5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Back to Ken, is it true that any potential buyer has to pay 100k to look at the books? 

I don't know the accuracy of the amount but it isn't that unusual for company's levying a charge to see their books - not as a means to raise money (or deliberately attempt to stop people buying it!) as many on social media seem to believe - but as a means of establishing that whoever wants to look at them does have a serious intent of buying the business - it is simply a means of weeding out the time wasters and can often  be agreed to be a period of 'exclusivity' between the two party's.

Depending on the terms of the agreement to examine the books it could well be that the amount is refunded in full if the sale of the company goes through.

Think of it as putting a (non returnable) deposit down to 'hold' something on a potential purchase you are looking to make.

It certainly isn't there to stop or prevent anyone with a serious intention wanting to buy the club.

Looking at the books is certainly not a five minute job and could tie the club and its staff in to weeks of work in providing the relative information and answering queries arising thereof.

To put it into some perspective if the figure is correct and KA really is looking for £5 million profit after all debts are cleared then the £100k would equate to one fiftieth of the end sale price (if agreed at £5m) or just 2% of the value of the net club sale - equivalent to putting down say a £5,000 deposit for a £250,000 house you may want to buy to be taken off the market for you.

Would you put down £5,000 if you weren't serious about buying the house in the first place?

Same scenario simply being applied at the club.

• Site Supporter

Sluffy, that all makes sense.

If I was in a position to buy the club, I would insist on having my £100,000 back irrespective of whether I went ahead and bought the club.

It may be that a prospective buyer sees the figures and thinks "I'm not paying his asking price"

Unless Ken dropped his price, then a no deal would result, and a hundred grand is a lot of down to chuck away in such circumstances.

32 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I don't know the accuracy of the amount but it isn't that unusual for company's levying a charge to see their books - not as a means to raise money (or deliberately attempt to stop people buying it!) as many on social media seem to believe - but as a means of establishing that whoever wants to look at them does have a serious intent of buying the business - it is simply a means of weeding out the time wasters and can often  be agreed to be a period of 'exclusivity' between the two party's.

Depending on the terms of the agreement to examine the books it could well be that the amount is refunded in full if the sale of the company goes through.

Think of it as putting a (non returnable) deposit down to 'hold' something on a potential purchase you are looking to make.

It certainly isn't there to stop or prevent anyone with a serious intention wanting to buy the club.

Looking at the books is certainly not a five minute job and could tie the club and its staff in to weeks of work in providing the relative information and answering queries arising thereof.

To put it into some perspective if the figure is correct and KA really is looking for £5 million profit after all debts are cleared then the £100k would equate to one fiftieth of the end sale price (if agreed at £5m) or just 2% of the value of the net club sale - equivalent to putting down say a £5,000 deposit for a £250,000 house you may want to buy to be taken off the market for you.

Would you put down £5,000 if you weren't serious about buying the house in the first place?

Same scenario simply being applied at the club.

Not just that, Sluffy

You will engage lawyers, accountants et al, 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Anyone give two shits when we screwed City over for Dietmar Hamman?

We didn't, hamann screwed us over if anyone

We just sold a contracted player who didn't want to be here

• Site Supporter
Just now, ZicoKelly said:

We didn't, hamann screwed us over if anyone

We just sold a contracted player who didn't want to be here

This.

Though we made a profit, which was something I suppose.

I remember years ago, when Steve Thompson was sold to Luton, and then shortly afterwards went to Leicester (iirc).