Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sluffy, that all makes sense.

If I was in a position to buy the club, I would insist on having my £100,000 back irrespective of whether I went ahead and bought the club.

It may be that a prospective buyer sees the figures and thinks "I'm not paying his asking price"

Unless Ken dropped his price, then a no deal would result, and a hundred grand is a lot of down to chuck away in such circumstances.

If you can't afford to risk £100k on a supposedly gross £30 million purchase (equivalent to a 300th or 0.03% in decimals) then it's highly unlikely that you aren't really that serious about things, I would suggest.

The money also covers the time and expense of weeks/months of staff time dealing with providing the information and dealing with queries during that period and also for the loss of opportunity in selling the club to any other potential purchaser during that time of 'exclusivity' dealing with the original enquirer.

There may be 'breaks clauses' in the 'contract' at certain times to limit the amount of time/work involved and thus a percentage of the deposit being returnable - but if a potential purchaser is really quibbling over such a fraction of the known asking price, it may well suggest that money is a major issue to them - and they haven't even bought the club yet!

As I've said above a successful purchaser may well have the £100k (or what ever it is) reimbursed when the sale goes through.

18 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

If you can't afford to risk £100k on a supposedly gross £30 million purchase (equivalent to a 300th or 0.03% in decimals) then it's highly unlikely that you aren't really that serious about things, I would suggest.

This is bollocks.The very wealthy don't become very wealthy by giving small time chancers like Ken 100k to look at his books

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

It's good but it's no "basin headed news nonce" 

I hadn't realised but apparently there are only seven journalists listed as being at the Bolton News, three of whom are on the sports side, of which Iles is the most junior (listed behind Bonner - Head of Sport and Pye - Deputy Head of Sport).

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/author/journalists/

I assume there are others but they are freelance?

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

This is bollocks.The very wealthy don't become very wealthy by giving small time chancers like Ken 100k to look at his books

I take sluffy's point, but as you  say, not sure a wealthy individual would risk losing that much, especially given Ken's methods.

I doubt Ken would risk that much!

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

Speaking out because you feel your an upstanding member of the Bolton community and your opinion will mean something or spring Ken in to action. 

Fuck right off. Big fish in a puddle. 

and an MP asking for transparency? More cheek than Gemma Collins arse hole 

Spot on

Who the fuck do they think they are

And that Bonner block hoping we lose against Walsall; he can just do one

1 minute ago, Sluffy said:

I hadn't realised but apparently there are only seven journalists listed as being at the Bolton News, three of whom are on the sports side, of which Iles is the most junior (listed behind Bonner - Head of Sport and Pye - Deputy Head of Sport).

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/author/journalists/

I assume there are others but they are freelance?

That explains the continued focus on football, cricket and fell running and then not much else apart from Bin fires in Breightment 

42 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

For someone who comes across as a knowitall I am surprised you don't know who Ann Taylor and Trish Morris are.

Look em up on google

Ooh Roger. Feisty one you are. What’s got your goat? Your FGR T-shirt too small or are you Neil Bonnar’s secretary?

So, you going to explain the relevance and poignancy of 2 the retired politicians’ views on BWFC?

Really don't understand the planned protest at WBA game. Are they hoping Sweaty's going to change his ways, because there's no chance. or are they hoping the guy who saved the club and has kept it going with very little money will walk away, what then. I will be at the WBA game to support my team.

Just now, waffer cup 07 said:

Really don't understand the planned protest at WBA game. Are they hoping Sweaty's going to change his ways, because there's no chance. or are they hoping the guy who saved the club and has kept it going with very little money will walk away, what then. I will be at the WBA game to support my team.

That's my approach too.

Let’s have it right we can’t organise a piss up in a brewery at the best of times 

there’ll be a dozen outside the ground at KO, 3 tennis balls on the pitch, 6 people turning their back on the game after 9 minutes, a few singing anti Ken songs and hundreds of moaning bastards at the bars watching it all on the teles 

3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

People tweeting FGR asking about possible coach travel down to it now. The fuck is going on here, I'm sorry but where are these people pulling together to do crazy things like buy tickets to watch their own fucking team, or if unwilling to put money in "his" pocket, club together and get to some aways independently.

There's a lot the FGR guy has said I've agreed with and felt liberated to be hearing from a football chairman in last couple of days but we're making ourselves look as weak as a follow up wank here.

Bizarre attention seeking fuckery this. 

Completely agree with all of this.

Getting a minibus down to FGR so they can all suck off a vegan. It's properly weird. 

2 hours ago, Sluffy said:

I don't know the accuracy of the amount but it isn't that unusual for company's levying a charge to see their books - not as a means to raise money (or deliberately attempt to stop people buying it!) as many on social media seem to believe - but as a means of establishing that whoever wants to look at them does have a serious intent of buying the business - it is simply a means of weeding out the time wasters and can often  be agreed to be a period of 'exclusivity' between the two party's.

Depending on the terms of the agreement to examine the books it could well be that the amount is refunded in full if the sale of the company goes through.

Think of it as putting a (non returnable) deposit down to 'hold' something on a potential purchase you are looking to make.

It certainly isn't there to stop or prevent anyone with a serious intention wanting to buy the club.

Looking at the books is certainly not a five minute job and could tie the club and its staff in to weeks of work in providing the relative information and answering queries arising thereof.

To put it into some perspective if the figure is correct and KA really is looking for £5 million profit after all debts are cleared then the £100k would equate to one fiftieth of the end sale price (if agreed at £5m) or just 2% of the value of the net club sale - equivalent to putting down say a £5,000 deposit for a £250,000 house you may want to buy to be taken off the market for you.

Would you put down £5,000 if you weren't serious about buying the house in the first place?

Same scenario simply being applied at the club.

not sure you'd put five grand down just to have a look ...

Those ‘No Ken Do’ t-shirts. Good lord. I thought it must be a parody but some muppets on Twitter genuinely seem to be lapping it up. BBC have picked up on it as well now. 

Just think, if people actually turned up to our games occasionally and we became an attractive proposition to a buyer then Ken would be a distant memory.  

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Ooh Roger. Feisty one you are. What’s got your goat? Your FGR T-shirt too small or are you Neil Bonnar’s secretary?

So, you going to explain the relevance and poignancy of 2 the retired politicians’ views on BWFC?

Attacking two decent , successful Boltonians in a deluded attempt to defend a  Cockney shyster because he happens to be at the football club they and we all want to do well.
The more decent people that speak out against what  Anderson is doing the better.If he wanted to sort a quick deal out with James, the Davieses and the Warburtons where he got his £1 back and departed in the next few days im sure it would be done.When Eddie Davies decided he wanted shut of the club he rapidly got shut