Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

9 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I think you've misrepresented it. Anderson has been given opportunity after opportunity to explain where he thinks the paper has reported inaccurate pieces...yet has failed to do so. And cancelled meetings to discuss it.

Anderson claims lies as a cover up for the problems at the club. And spends his time attacking others rather than answering concerns.

Sounds like our very own Donald.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Sluffy said:

1) He's asked KA of examples where he believes he's been wronged but no specific examples have been given (clearly Bonners 'worst possible result for the Anderson's' is there for all to see but most for Iles shit stirring was done far more subtlety on twitter by the 'liking' of derogatory comments about the Anderson's by others, so without trawling Twitter for countless hours to find them, making them much more difficult to prove).

2) Holbrook does though strongly think that the 'attack' on Iles and Banner as more to do with distracting people away from the clubs financial difficulties.

in reverse order

2) I would say so - on the day FGR chairman calls him out as a cunt, he spends the bulk of his chairmans notes going on about them and have a pop at the distirbution figures before skirting over the FGR situation with a "I will not drop to those levels" comment.

1) to be fair, in that rant at the BN he does give specfic examples such as heathcotes writ, players walking out, a fire sale, how much he paid for shares and questions over whether KA has funded the club. 

ultimately though, is the BN situation really a distraction from everything else?  it's just another aspect of the current shit show, but I don't think it diverts peoples attention away from anything

Only a simpleton would allow the bitch fight going on with the BN to override the other issues 

Ken has done himself no favours. Banning Iles just provided everyone with another stick to beat him with & his reference to Bonnars late night ramblings provided an unnecessary insinuation

however, the BN aren’t immune from criticism. Iles went rogue, completely unprofessional and allowed his social media persona to run away with him. The paper should’ve reigned him in long before Ken took action. Bonnars statement before the cup tie was completely out of order 

glad this fella has stepped in and hopefully thaws relationships. But the BN staff need to remember, if it weren’t for their links to the club and reporting on it they wouldn’t have a job. They need the club more than the club need them 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

glad this fella has stepped in and hopefully thaws relationships. But the BN staff need to remember, if it weren’t for their links to the club and reporting on it they wouldn’t have a job. They need the club more than the club need them 

they need club news, something to write about, and that's about it

there's a 3 page thread on that one story regards the baronesses

this current situation is the best thing thats happened for the BN spots section that I can remember

59 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

According to the carrot crunchers twitter feed they have sold out of NO KEN DO Tshirts and have ordered more - reckons they have sold "hundreds" 

Wonder if Iles has ordered one?

Sharp business IMO by Ken to squirm out of the Doidge deal. Wasn't cut for this division or our future in the EPL.

Even sharper business getting the muppets at Norwich and Forest Green to cover the wages of Doidge, Wildschut and Williams.

Doing a great job. Not sure how anyone can question his running of the club.

2 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Only a simpleton would allow the bitch fight going on with the BN to override the other issues 

Ken has done himself no favours. Banning Iles just provided everyone with another stick to beat him with & his reference to Bonnars late night ramblings provided an unnecessary insinuation

however, the BN aren’t immune from criticism. Iles went rogue, completely unprofessional and allowed his social media persona to run away with him. The paper should’ve reigned him in long before Ken took action. Bonnars statement before the cup tie was completely out of order 

They need the club to exist, they don't need the club to like them, or even do anything for them. I mean, the primary Wanderers reporter has been banned from the club's media activities for over a month, and it's had no obvious impact on their ability to report anything. 

But yeah, I thought Holbrook got it spot on. The biggest signing of the Ken-era disappeared overnight amidst a wave of headlines that made him look unfit to run the club, and all he could do is blather on for 1,000 words about fake news and The Failing BN. It's not hard to see through. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Sharp business IMO by Ken to squirm out of the Doidge deal. Wasn't cut for this division or our future in the EPL.

Even sharper business getting the muppets at Norwich and Forest Green to cover the wages of Doidge, Wildschut and Williams.

Doing a great job. Not sure how anyone can question his running of the club.

Seriously?

He's kept the wolf from the door fair enough, but sooner or later his methods will come back to bite him.

• Site Supporter

I wouldn't blame him if he sold it for a pint of Skol and a reacharound.

If he was such a cunt he would surely have taken the first offer, got his money back and left us to swim in whatever shit had bought us?

Unfortunately, his insistence on permanently addressing the fans has come back to haunt him. A brief statement once every couple of months in the matchday programme should be all he bothers with. All he can then be accused of is hiding info whilst giving very little away.

The problem is the minority of fans who want to be on social media the second they've finished reading a headline that may actually be bollocks, claiming they have chapter and verse about the inside workings of the club.

Frankly, Diodge wasn't worth a million quid. If Ken was spending my money, I'd be happy at the saving. 

As we've learned on the Brexit thread - Tough Shit.

4 minutes ago, Boothy said:

If he sells the Club in the next month, has he done a good job or not?

As long as he sticks to his mantra of “doing the best by the club” and the buyer is someone with deeper pockets who can provide more stability then yes. Overall he’s done a good job. 

Saved, patched up and sold on was his plan. That’s what he will have done. Yes he’s pissed off all and sundry doing it but at least there is still something there for us  and hopefully those bridges he’s burnt can be rebuilt. 

If, as I’ve said before, he sells to any fucker now just to get rid (another Ken if you like) and this pantomime continues then he hasn’t done a good job at all